Elite Controller 2 Headphone Jack - can it be disabled?

Discus and support Elite Controller 2 Headphone Jack - can it be disabled? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Causing a problem with Dying Light 2 on pc. Sound wants to keep switching to controller headphone jack. Since I don't use the jack (and have no plans... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ShivaPike, Mar 14, 2024.

1. ShivaPike
    ShivaPike Guest

Causing a problem with Dying Light 2 on pc. Sound wants to keep switching to controller headphone jack. Since I don't use the jack (and have no plans to ever use it) the game sound cuts out intermittently. The game switches to the controller headphone output. Since I never use it, would be great if I could just disable it.

I know this is a problem with the game, not the controller, but since a lot of people don't seem to be having this problem I doubt they will ever fix it. Disabling the controller headphone capability might be a workaround.

TIA for any suggestions.

:)

ShivaPike, Mar 14, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi ShivaPike, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

This is not possible.

I recommend you contact the game developer's support and report this issue.

Please, use this link:

https://dyinglight2.support.techland.pl/support/tickets/new
  3. pkvas Win User

Xbox one new wireless controller with earbuds?

I know the elite controller has a normal headphone jack that you can plug your Samsung headphones into don't think a normal controller does though
  4. INeedHelp61 Win User

Mic compatability - Ath-Adg1x

Is the xbox headset adapter the same as the pre installed headphone jack on the elite controller? Are they a different connection?
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Xbox Elite Controller no sound

Hi Zen!

Thanks for letting us know you're experiencing an issue with your Elite controller. Based on what you've stated about your 3.5mm headphone jack not working, I would like to know if you have done the

troubleshooting steps for the Elite controller
    from our Xbox support page? Or rather, how you came to the conclusion (what troubleshooting you have done) that the 3.5mm jack has stopped working?

If you have already done all troubleshooting and are certain that the headphone jack is no longer working, then I recommend

setting up a repair for your Elite controller
    since the headphone jack is an internal part of the controller body.

Hope this helps and please let us know if you have any further questions!
  6. skaffa LEE Win User

Xbox One Elite Controller Headphone Jack Audio Quality

Hello DavidSage3,

The Elite controller is in many ways a better than the standard controller, but from my experience the headphone jack is the same as inside the standard controller.

There is also the option to connect your headphones via Bluetooth.

I hope this answers your question.
Thema:

1. Elite Controller 2 Headphone Jack - can it be disabled? - Similar Threads - Elite Controller Headphone

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return: I have now created a total of 4 return requests with no shipping label being generated each time. Spoken to numerous customer service representatives who have advised to cancel and start a new...
  4. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  5. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  6. Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.: Hi. I purchased a custom design Elite 2 controller in December but the virbation motors make a loud whine noise - a high pitched ringing (the same as reported elsewhere on this forum where it was...
  7. Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger: My new series 2 elite controller came with a charger and when I'm playing I like to plug it in so I can charge my controller but it disconnects then reconnects for a second. I don't know if this...
  8. My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work: My xbxo elite controllers xbox button turned blue after hopping onto a game and none of the buttons worked so I hard reset my controller to see if that would fix it but it didn't. Instead the xbox...
  9. Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller: I bought an elite series 2 controller 6 months ago,and from 2 months ago I've encountered an issue where my right bumper does not register inputs unless I press it really hard,blowing air into the...
  10. My xbox elite controller is saying a headphone jack is plugged in when it's not

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controller is saying a headphone jack is plugged in when it's not: [img] So my Xbox Elite Controller (NOT A WIRELESS CONTROLLER) says that a headphone jack is plugged in when no headphone jack is even near my controller (and no its not my xbox that is doing this,...