Elite Contoller left stick is also activating right trigger?

Discus and support Elite Contoller left stick is also activating right trigger? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A couple of days ago while I was playing Rainbow Six siege I noticed sometimes when I tried to sprint my gun would fire. It would happen maybe once a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by An Asian Driver, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Elite Contoller left stick is also activating right trigger?

A couple of days ago while I was playing Rainbow Six siege I noticed sometimes when I tried to sprint my gun would fire. It would happen maybe once a match but nothing too bad. Since then, this problem as gotten worse, moving my stick activates right trigger
    everytime unless I shut the controller off which fixes the issue for about 5 to 10 minutes. After reasearching this issue for awhile I haven't found anyone that has had this same issue. My elite is 2 years old so I'm out of warranty and I've already had to
    open it up before and repair the bumpers. I'm guessing there is not a fix and it's just malfunctioning but if anyone out their has a fix please help me. If not I think it's time to move on from the elite.

:)

An Asian Driver, Aug 17, 2018
  2. BobHun87
    BobHun87 Guest
    Xbox Elite Controller thumbstick drift

same.

my 1st elite: crash gumi grips. send back to service, but i buy a new one for this 2 week. Try this new: right stick drift to right...

ok, my 1st elite came back, try this. left stick drift to right (fresh new controller from ms service)

ok i sent back this 2 broken Elites.

1-2 week done, get 2 new fresh Elites... tested... both new Elite's (my 3rd and 4th) left sticks drift to right...

my last 5 Elites broken, 3 fresh from Xbox Support. Thats a big joke.

BobHun87, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Controller Drifting

I have 2 Elites drifting to the right from the left analog stick.

madamimadam-B8BC044B-BAE9-455D-918B-1AB37AC483CC, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Dadwhite
    Dadwhite Guest

I have never heard of this before. Unfortunately I would say that the controller is just malfunctioning and probably needs to be replaced. I believe you could send it in for repair but I believe it's about $90 to $100 to send in.

Dadwhite, Oct 6, 2018
  5. Dysruptz
    Dysruptz Guest
    maybe someone remapped the button on your controller where the left thumb stick would activate trigger. Try resettinb the elite controller to default. If that doesn’t solve the issue then you would nees to get the controller replaces (if its in warranty)
    or purchase a new controller

Dysruptz, Nov 3, 2018
  6. Dysruptz Win User

maybe someone remapped the button on your controller where the left thumb stick would activate trigger. Try resettinb the elite controller to default. If that doesn’t solve the issue then you would nees to get the controller replaces (if its in warranty)
    or purchase a new controller
  7. Dadwhite Win User

I have never heard of this before. Unfortunately I would say that the controller is just malfunctioning and probably needs to be replaced. I believe you could send it in for repair but I believe it's about $90 to $100 to send in.
  8. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Elite Contoller left stick is also activating right trigger

Hello @Saiko Kaze! I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

If some of the buttons of your controller don't work as excepted, please follow the steps below to fix the issue:

Seeing this behavior in ALL games and apps:

Solution 1: Update your controller:

If your controller connects when using a USB cable but doesn't stay connected after removing the cable, reconnect the cable and see if there’s an update available for your controller:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Under Profile & system, select Settings.
    3. Under Devices & connections, select Accessories.
    4. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “” to check the firmware version for your controller.
    5. If it says there’s no update available, your controller is current. If it says “Update,” follow the steps provided.
    6. Once your controller is updated, disconnect the USB cable and try connecting wirelessly again.
    Solution 2: Check your controller's button mapping settings:

If you’re seeing unexpected controller behavior across all game and apps, it could mean that your controller button configuration has been changed. To check your current controller button settings:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Under Profile & system, select Settings.
    3. Under Devices & connections, select Accessories.
    4. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select Configure.
    5. Carefully review the current mapping for each of the buttons on your controller. You can also select Restore to default to set the controller back to its original button mapping.
    For more info on controller button names and basic functions, see:

Get to know your Xbox Wireless Controller.

If this doesn’t solve the issue, your controller needs to be replaced.

Request an Xbox controller replacement.

Seeing this behavior in ONE game and app:

If you’re seeing unexpected controller behavior in one game only, check your game settings to make sure that controller configuration or calibration settings aren’t causing the issue.

You should also close and restart the game or app in question.

If this doesn’t solve the issue, your controller needs to be replaced.

Request an Xbox controller replacement

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  9. Saiko Kaze Win User

These things made it worse. Now my controller is using R trigger constantly!
  10. Saiko Kaze Win User

I restored defaults again and my left stick still triggers right trigger. Despite the configuration saying I'm not.
Thema:

1. Elite Contoller left stick is also activating right trigger? - Similar Threads - Elite Contoller left

2. Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity

in XboX Insiders
    Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity: For some reason my elite series 2 controller randomly has its inputs become sensitive. For example if I try to move over 1 app it moves over 2 or 3 if does this with the sticks and d pad. Parts of...
  3. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  4. DON'T BUY THE ELITE PRO 2! And definitely don't send it in for repair, if you want it to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    DON'T BUY THE ELITE PRO 2! And definitely don't send it in for repair, if you want it to...: Sent in my Elite Pro 2 controller, since the left bumper stopped responding consistently. It came back a week and a half later, and the techs apparently used a freaking crowbar to pry the face...
  5. Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return: I have now created a total of 4 return requests with no shipping label being generated each time. Spoken to numerous customer service representatives who have advised to cancel and start a new...
  6. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  7. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  8. Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.: Hi. I purchased a custom design Elite 2 controller in December but the virbation motors make a loud whine noise - a high pitched ringing (the same as reported elsewhere on this forum where it was...
  9. Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger: My new series 2 elite controller came with a charger and when I'm playing I like to plug it in so I can charge my controller but it disconnects then reconnects for a second. I don't know if this...
  10. My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work: My xbxo elite controllers xbox button turned blue after hopping onto a game and none of the buttons worked so I hard reset my controller to see if that would fix it but it didn't. Instead the xbox...