Elite 2 for Windows

Discus and support Elite 2 for Windows in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello I got the elite 2 to use for my window 10 pc (aka NO xbox console). I want to know a few things. 1. The charging dock is NOT a battery?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sekai Neko, Jul 15, 2023.

1. Sekai Neko
    Sekai Neko Guest

Elite 2 for Windows

Hello

I got the elite 2 to use for my window 10 pc (aka NO xbox console).

I want to know a few things.

1. The charging dock is NOT a battery? Because i don't see anything indicating it is but i just want to be sure this is correct and it's not just faulty (and no, I'm not asking how to use it to charge the controller).

2. When will be windows/Microsoft xbox accessory app updated? Because again, this is the windows app, and if you add keybind to stuff like letters, numbers, mouse, so on, this would make this controller even better to have to play any game on pc (especially due to the "shift" function... Especially if you add a new, shift 2...so you can have 3 possible function for one button:| )

3. Well, this is essentially the same question like 2. The brightness, set to nothing (no light/FFFFFF), if you leave the app, some light will be added (so from no color, it changes to whatever colour was set). And when unplugging the USB, the light brightness increases a little again. But yes, compared to the "default profit", this light's brightness is lower, but i set it to none in app...

4. For comando prompt (win + r - > cmd), what is the name or path for the xbox elite 2? (as i want to try to see if i can solve nr2 and nr3 like that)

5. Is there an easy way to turn off/on the controler? I'm used with non xbox controlers where you only pres the a button, without holding for 6 seconds. As an exemple, you know where the button is to connect wireless? Why was it to hard to add another one for power off/on? As in just 1 single press and done

6. Regarding the expansion port: i can't find anything clearly for elite 2. Does this mean anything works with the elite 2? (like if i buy a mini keyboard)

Please note: not main English so there might be grammar issues I'm not aware off. This including not able to find existing topics with answers to my questions due to not using the correct terms in search. Please do not ask me to update windows, reinstall/reset so on. I did all that, including trying on a second device and more. And i wrote all this in one post as I'm assuming most will be a simple "yes or no/not possible" answer so it make no sense to post them separately.

:)

Sekai Neko, Jul 15, 2023
  2. s33r Win User

Xbox Elite Controller 2 will not connect VIA usb or Bluetooth to my pc

The original XBox Elite controller requires the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 so without that adapter it will not be recognized properly by Windows. The newer, Elite Series 2 can connect to a Windows 10 PC without the need of an adapter.
  3. Ta5man186 Win User

Xboc controller

the elite controller series 2 has Bluetooth compatibility and is therefore compatible with windows 10 too. the first release of the elite controller was before xbox was integrated into windows 10, therefore there was no need at the time for Bluetooth.
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Elite 2 for Windows

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Elite 2 for Windows

Hello Sekai Neko,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are asking for questions about Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 for Windows. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

Here are the answers:

1. The charging dock is NOT a battery? Because i don't see anything indicating it is but i just want to be sure this is correct and it's not just faulty (and no, I'm not asking how to use it to charge the controller).

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 has an internal rechargeable battery and one way to charge the device is to use the charging dock. Charging dock will be use as stand or a place you can put your controller to rest and charges it. To learn more on how to charge the battery, please check this link: Charge your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 | Xbox Support.

2. When will be windows/Microsoft xbox accessory app updated? Because again, this is the windows app, and if you add keybind to stuff like letters, numbers, mouse, so on, this would make this controller even better to have to play any game on pc (especially due to the "shift" function... Especially if you add a new, shift 2...so you can have 3 possible function for one button:| )

That is a great suggestion, I have been reading the same request for the shift button in here. We recommend submitting a suggestion to Team Xbox too. Please use this link: Xbox Support

3. Well, this is essentially the same question like 2. The brightness, set to nothing (no light/FFFFFF), if you leave the app, some light will be added (so from no color, it changes to whatever colour was set). And when unplugging the USB, the light brightness increases a little again. But yes, compared to the "default profit", this light's brightness is lower, but i set it to none in app...

You can add color customization on Xbox button for Elite Series 2 controller by using the Xbox Accessories app.

To change the Xbox button’s color:

1. Using your Series 2 controller, open the Xbox Accessories app on your console.

Note If using your PC, your controller must be connected using the Xbox Wireless Adapter or a USB cable.
    2. Under the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, select Configure.
      • Create a new profile by selecting New profile, give your profile a name, then select the Menu button .
      • Edit an existing profile by selecting it and then the Edit button .
    3. Select the Color tab in the menu.
    You can then select a preset color or select Custom to create your own.

However, if you prefer the different light or else the other signs to be colored too, that would be awesome. You may suggest it to the Team Xbox. Please use this link: Xbox Support.

4. For comando prompt (win + r - > cmd), what is the name or path for the xbox elite 2? (as i want to try to see if i can solve nr2 and nr3 like that)

That is a feature request so this will need to be raise to the Team Xbox for it to be added as a new feature. The release will depend on the team and they will check if that is possible. To stay updated, you may stay tuned here: Xbox Wire.

5. Is there an easy way to turn off/on the controler? I'm used with non xbox controlers where you only pres the a button, without holding for 6 seconds. As an exemple, you know where the button is to connect wireless? Why was it to hard to add another one for power off/on? As in just 1 single press and done

By default, the long press will indicate turn off of the Xbox controller however, for this request, send a suggestion to the Team Xbox. Please use this link: Xbox Support.

6. Regarding the expansion port: i can't find anything clearly for elite 2. Does this mean anything works with the elite 2? (like if i buy a mini keyboard)

That depends on the creator of the mini keyboard, if they have created one that will work on Elite 2 controller, you may try using that however, there is no official mini keyboard for the Elite 2 controller unless you would like to suggest it to the Team Xbox. Please use this link: Xbox Support.

So far, you are full of ideas on how to make use of the Xbox controller and we hope that you will send suggestion to Team Xbox for them to be available in the future updates.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Capitain Gonzo Win User

When Will Windows 7 Driver Be Added For Xbox One Elite Version 2 Controller ?

I don't think there will be a driver for elite controller 2 for Windows 7. Windows 7 has been out of support since the beginning of the year.
Thema:

Elite 2 for Windows

1. Elite 2 for Windows - Similar Threads - Elite Windows

2. Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10: Is there any way to configure an Xbox elite controller on Windows 10? The Xbox accessories app no longer works and tells me I need to update my Windows OS. My computer isn't eligible for an...
  3. Why does my Window 11 Bluetooth on PC keep saying failed to connect to my Xbox Elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Window 11 Bluetooth on PC keep saying failed to connect to my Xbox Elite...: Hello, I recently made the switch from Xbox Series X to PC gaming. I bought a very nice PC that runs flawlessly with windows 11 installed. I am only having one problem and that it connecting my...
  4. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Split from this thread. Seems like I have a similar issue with a normal Series X controller but I'm not sure entirely : Recently an update caused the share button to stop working on Windows...
  5. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Out of the box I connected my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller via Bluetooth to my Windows 11 PC. It was detected as an elite controller. During gameplay I found that some button combinations would...
  6. Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?: The controller connected just fine to my pc for about 6 months and then one day after restarting my pc my controller would say it is connected in settings for about 2 minutes before shutting off...
  7. Xbox Elite 2 controller problems on windows

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite 2 controller problems on windows: So I’ve had nothing but problems with this controller I currently have it plugged in with USB I have the accessories app, and the accessories app recognizes the controller as XBOX ELITE 2 Yet...
  8. Which is the right adapter for connecting my XBOX Elite Series 1 Controller to my Windows...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which is the right adapter for connecting my XBOX Elite Series 1 Controller to my Windows...: I need a wireless adapter for my XBOX Elite Series 1 Controller, which I will connect to my Windows 11 laptop. Can you suggest which one to buy? Will the normal XBOX Wireless Adapter work with the...
  9. Xbox Elite Controller V2 bluetooth on windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller V2 bluetooth on windows 11: Hi there, Does anyone know if there is a fix for the issue where windows doesn't recognise the XB Elite controller v2 as an elite controller while connected over bluetooth after updating the...
  10. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 recognized only as a normal controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 recognized only as a normal controller...: I've tried several troubleshooting steps found on Microsoft's forums but nothing helped. I'm using windows 11. All updates installed, even optional ones. Controller firmware is updated. I have 2...