Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing

Discus and support Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an elite 2 controller less than 6 months old. I was playing a game that froze hard and required me to hard shut off my xbox and now the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mr Dem Apples, Apr 13, 2024.

1. Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing

I have an elite 2 controller less than 6 months old. I was playing a game that froze hard and required me to hard shut off my xbox and now the controller won't turn on but it's charge light flashes and turns off and then the mode lights flash all together and turns off before repeating. Can't turn on and can't reset, doesn't seem to be anything more than a brick now. Please help I really like this one

:)

Mr Dem Apples, Apr 13, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Mr! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your controller.

Unfortunately, troubleshooting methods for controllers are fairly limited.

- Regarding the lights flashing, is this happening when you plug the controller in, or when you press the Xbox button to turn it on?

If it's the latter, may I ask if you have already tried plugging the controller into your console?

- As it seems likely this is hardware-related, may I ask if you have already checked your controller's warranty status? Considering you purchased it less than 6 months ago, it should be within its warranty period.

You can consult your device's warranty status at: https://account.microsoft.com/devices

I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  3. LeeDabeer Win User

XBox Elite Series 2 unplugged from PC using USB won't auto connect to Bluetooth

I would also like to add I have the exact same issue on Windows 10.

Just purchased the Elite 2 controller and found that the initial bluetooth pairing works fine (TP link Bluetooth Dongle). Then plugged the supplied USB-C cable into a USB port on my PC to charge. After disconnecting from the USB C cable the Xbox light flashes
    on the controller. Power cycling the controller makes no difference I still have the flashing light.

Only by removing the bluetooth device and re-pairing does it work again. Note that I have updated the controller to the latest Firmware.

For Information I have a Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows and that works as expected without the above problems.

Hope this helps.
  4. beMoD Win User

my xbox 360 light blinks and wont stop

Which lights do flash? The ones which show what controller is online, around the power light? How many lights are flashing?
  5. MisterFizzle Win User

Xbox 360 power brick won't cut off

6. Jaymo1978 Win User

Brand New Game Not Loading

Hi Sam! Have you performed a power cycle on your console? I know that sometimes (especially with BIG games, or games that install large update patches) a power cycle is necessary to clear the memory cache. Sometimes the game won't load, or even tries to
    load but dumps back to the Home Screen.

To power cycle:

1. Hold the power sensor on the console for approximately 8 seconds (you will see the power brick light flash orange, then return to white.)

2. Let go when you see the orange flash, then wait for the light on the power brick to turn solid orange.

3. Wait about 30 seconds, then power the system back on and try your game.

Let me know!
Thema:

1. Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing - Similar Threads - Elite controller power

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return: I have now created a total of 4 return requests with no shipping label being generated each time. Spoken to numerous customer service representatives who have advised to cancel and start a new...
  4. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  5. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  6. Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.: Hi. I purchased a custom design Elite 2 controller in December but the virbation motors make a loud whine noise - a high pitched ringing (the same as reported elsewhere on this forum where it was...
  7. Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger: My new series 2 elite controller came with a charger and when I'm playing I like to plug it in so I can charge my controller but it disconnects then reconnects for a second. I don't know if this...
  8. My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work: My xbxo elite controllers xbox button turned blue after hopping onto a game and none of the buttons worked so I hard reset my controller to see if that would fix it but it didn't. Instead the xbox...
  9. Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller: I bought an elite series 2 controller 6 months ago,and from 2 months ago I've encountered an issue where my right bumper does not register inputs unless I press it really hard,blowing air into the...
  10. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...