EDITED and SAVED Upload Clips from a MONTH ago all the way back to ALMOST LAUNCH DAY GONE! :(

Discus and support EDITED and SAVED Upload Clips from a MONTH ago all the way back to ALMOST LAUNCH DAY GONE! :( in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Never had to post here before, rarely had issues with my 360 or my One that couldn't be solved by google or troubleshooting, but I could only find one... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by lochmere, Mar 22, 2015.

1. lochmere
    lochmere Guest

EDITED and SAVED Upload Clips from a MONTH ago all the way back to ALMOST LAUNCH DAY GONE! :(

Never had to post here before, rarely had issues with my 360 or my One that couldn't be solved by google or troubleshooting, but I could only find one other person with this issue, and it was a reddit post with no replies.

I've had my Xbox One since the December after launch, never had any real issues with it, occasional mic breaking and I had to send my Kinect in once to get repaired. This however is very heartbreaking for me, as I discovered when I went to Upload today,
    that all but my last 42 'captures' were GONE. Yes, they were EDITED, yes they were SAVED, all were NAMED as well, all things that keep the clips from being deleted automatically according to Upload and Xbox Live. I had a lot of clips, over 150 saved and edited,
    might have been even closer to 200, was at 95% Upload hard drive capacity last time I checked. That being said, even the edited clips I had from the day I got my Xbox were still there as of two weeks ago, even with all the unsaved auto recorded clips from
    Battlefield, Magic, and Madden being recorded constantly. At one point at I had 175 saved and edited clips and over a 100 auto recorded unsaved clips, and still nothing was auto deleted or vanished.

Yet, I was heartbroken to see all of them GONE when accessing Upload today, not a single edited named clip remaining, only 42 unsaved ones. I know they were there as of 03/10/15, as I had recorded a GTA V heist clip and edited it that day, still had all
    my edited and saved clips, was at 95% space used for Upload. What is even more strange is that the edited version of that GTA clip is gone, but the unedited version is still there amongst the 42 clips.

Not all were uploaded to OneDrive sadly (I had issues with this during the first few months of Xbox one, so I only recently started uploading to OneDrive within the last 6 months). The only reason I had gotten on upload today was to start backing up more
    of them to OneDrive in order to make room for new stuff...well there is room now, although it is terrible that it happened this way. The 14 clips that I did upload to OneDrive are still there, meaning I'm not crazy and I did actually have clips edited and
    saved, but on the console, Upload says I have no clips saved or edited, just those 42 unedited clips. One other curious note, I had a friend on his account check my clips to see what he could see, he can't even get to my clips, and when checking on smart glass,
    it says I have none, not even the 42 unedited clips.

Lesson learned I guess, but I don't understand how this could have happened. There was no warning, it never happened before, and there was seemingly no reason for it to occur. The only possible explanation is too many unsaved clips caused Upload to auto
    delete, but after they added the ability to do multiple clip selection and deletion, I was pretty good about deleting all those auto clips to keep it from cluttering up. Not to mention, Upload is only suppose to auto delete unsaved, unedited clips, not saved
    and edited ones, according to the Help snap in the app. The only other thing that has changed since 03/10/15, is that Upload seemed to have gotten an update; when you go to access your clips, it now says My Captures, not My Clips (it still said My Clips on
    03/10/15). This update may have caused my edited and saved clips to vanish, either by weird glitch or cloud disconnect.

Has anyone else had this issue? Given the lack of topics or posts elsewhere of this subject, it seems unlikely, but I would advise everyone check their Upload clips just in case!!! I really hope there is a fix for this, or that it is a cloud saving issue
    when Microsoft updated Upload, and that they will reappear at some point. I'm never going to stop being an Xbox gamer, love the console, the service, and games, but this is the first issue I've had where I am really saddened and disappointed with something
    on Xbox Live. There are a lot of memories in those clips, for me and my friends who are in them, and I would really love to have them back so I can back them up properly. Hope to hear back from somebody soon, and really hope that my saved and edited clips
    are just tucked away in the cloud somewhere.

:)

lochmere, Mar 22, 2015
  2. B FIFE22
    B FIFE22 Guest
    Try a different clip error (0x80040212)

After downloading the Upload Studio update today, I can edit and successfully upload the clips I wasn't able to earlier. I still can't play them in Upload, but after they are edited and uploaded from Studio, the edited ones will play

Thankfully I didn't lose all of these clips for good

B FIFE22, Mar 22, 2015
  3. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest
    Xbox live captures on pc

Hey Jason!

Thanks for reaching out to us today. Game clips on Xbox are recorded, edited, and shared from the Game DVR feature associated to the Upload Studio app. The Upload Studio app is the only way to upload and share clips that you recorded from Xbox or Xbox on
    Windows 10.

As of right now, I don't think there is a way to convert or transfer your recorded files that are captured using your internal graphics card. All clips are captured using the Game DVR feature and then edited and shared from Upload Studio.

Look over our
    Game DVR and Upload Studio on Xbox One
    article online that goes over how to record and share clips on Xbox.

Hope this helps!

XBF Diego M, Mar 22, 2015
  4. EDITED and SAVED Upload Clips from a MONTH ago all the way back to ALMOST LAUNCH DAY GONE! :(

Hey there, Lochmere! I'm incredibly sorry to see that the clips seem to have vanished for you! I do hope that I can at least ease your mind in this situation.

While it might be a weird issue, your game clips are not gone. They may not be on your console, but I can see them on
    your profile on the website all the way back to 12/28/2013. So you can at least see them there!

I believe you may be right in that with the amount of unsaved clips you have, the system might have removed some to make more room. The update you saw was for Upload 2.0, and this may also be why your clips are gone. Counting on the profile page I linked
    above back to the day the update was released, it seems that your last 42 clips are all from when that update went live. Upload might have removed all the clips from before because they were for the original Upload app.

My main suggestion in this case is to
    remove your profile
    and then
    add it again to your console
    . If that doesn't work for you, you can at least have the solace that everything is still saved here on the server and your profile at xbox.com. EDITED and SAVED Upload Clips from a MONTH ago all the way back to ALMOST LAUNCH DAY GONE! :( :)

Misses Quinzel, Mar 23, 2015
  5. Sergio Albor
    Sergio Albor Guest
    Hi,

I would want to know if I delete all my saved clips and screenshots from the Upload app in the console, are all of them deleted from my profile also? Or are they all still "in the cloud"? Should I upload all clips/screenshots to OneDrive before deleting
    them from Upload? Thanks

Sergio Albor, Apr 11, 2015
  6. SMOK3SCR3EN
    SMOK3SCR3EN Guest
    Hi I just recently had this problem and I followed misses quinzels suggestion of removing profile then resigning in and it worked 100 percent all 190 of my clips came back so if any one else has This problem follow her suggestion it works

SMOK3SCR3EN, Aug 20, 2015
  7. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Awesome, SMOK3SCR3EN! If you have any Xbox questions in the future, please feel free to post a new thread! EDITED and SAVED Upload Clips from a MONTH ago all the way back to ALMOST LAUNCH DAY GONE! :( :)

Mister Beep, Nov 1, 2018
  8. SMOK3SCR3EN Win User

Hi I just recently had this problem and I followed misses quinzels suggestion of removing profile then resigning in and it worked 100 percent all 190 of my clips came back so if any one else has This problem follow her suggestion it works
  9. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey there, Lochmere! I'm incredibly sorry to see that the clips seem to have vanished for you! I do hope that I can at least ease your mind in this situation.

While it might be a weird issue, your game clips are not gone. They may not be on your console, but I can see them on
    your profile on the website all the way back to 12/28/2013. So you can at least see them there!

I believe you may be right in that with the amount of unsaved clips you have, the system might have removed some to make more room. The update you saw was for Upload 2.0, and this may also be why your clips are gone. Counting on the profile page I linked
    above back to the day the update was released, it seems that your last 42 clips are all from when that update went live. Upload might have removed all the clips from before because they were for the original Upload app.

My main suggestion in this case is to
    remove your profile
    and then
    add it again to your console
    . If that doesn't work for you, you can at least have the solace that everything is still saved here on the server and your profile at xbox.com. :)
  10. Mister Beep Win User

Awesome, SMOK3SCR3EN! If you have any Xbox questions in the future, please feel free to post a new thread! :)
  11. Sergio Albor Win User

Hi,

I would want to know if I delete all my saved clips and screenshots from the Upload app in the console, are all of them deleted from my profile also? Or are they all still "in the cloud"? Should I upload all clips/screenshots to OneDrive before deleting
    them from Upload? Thanks
  12. onyxishere Win User

Unable to upload clips via YouTube app

Have you gone to Upload Studio to edit and save the clip?
Thema:

1. EDITED and SAVED Upload Clips from a MONTH ago all the way back to ALMOST LAUNCH DAY GONE! :( - Similar Threads - EDITED SAVED Upload

2. Saves not working on Lego marvel super hero’s Xbox one edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Saves not working on Lego marvel super hero’s Xbox one edition: Saves on Lego marvel super hero’s Xbox one edition don’t work if you save and reload the game later the slot you saved it on will be zero percent af4602a9-abb3-4ce7-a84b-d46b6c6df7e9
  3. PC Minecraft Bedrock Edition Save Transfer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC Minecraft Bedrock Edition Save Transfer: Does anyone know if it's against Microsoft's/Mojang's TOS to transfer a PC Minecraft Bedrock Edition world to another account? I asked this question to the Minecraft Help Center and was given...
  4. Why can't I save my edited Avatar?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I save my edited Avatar?: I have googled and tried every suggestion that I have read. Nothing seems to work. I always get the "something went wrong" error message. Has anybody figured this out? I have uninstalled and...
  5. Editing clips on xbox appwon't save

in XboX Insiders
    Editing clips on xbox appwon't save: Every time I trim a clip on the app it never let's me save it. It reads "Try again in a bit. We couldn't save your clip." Any one else have this problem and/or know of a fix? submitted by...
  6. Tomb Raider Definitive Edition crashes when loading saved game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tomb Raider Definitive Edition crashes when loading saved game: Tomb Raider Definitive Edition keeps on crashing back to Xbox home page when I load my saved game. It will go to the loading screen but then after a few seconds crash. How do i fix this?? I’m 47%...
  7. Saves not transferring "Age of Empirs 4 Anniversary Edition"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Saves not transferring "Age of Empirs 4 Anniversary Edition": Hello, I played "Age of Empirs 4 Anniversary Edition" on Xbox, went through a little company. Then I downloaded the game on PC also via Xbox Game Pass, but there is no progress in the game in...
  8. Minecraft Java edition isn't letting me change my skin to one I just saved

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java edition isn't letting me change my skin to one I just saved: I just added a new skin to my library and it won't change. I've tried using the in-launcher skin changer, minecraft.net and I've checked the Minecraft forums to see if anyone has the same...
  9. Football Manager 2023 Console edition for PC (Save issue)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Football Manager 2023 Console edition for PC (Save issue): I have an issue with the football manager console edition this last month. I cannot save my games after a while and I get a message that the game cannot be saved and as a result I am losing the...
  10. Does deleting Xbox Cloud Saves for Minecraft Bedrock Edition also delete uploaded Minecraft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does deleting Xbox Cloud Saves for Minecraft Bedrock Edition also delete uploaded Minecraft...: I've recently run into an issue with my cloud saves, where the solution is to delete my saves by using "Delete From Everywhere." However, I want to save some of my Minecraft Worlds. If I upload a...