EA Account linked to old Gamer tag

Discus and support EA Account linked to old Gamer tag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Per EA support I have an old account that is linked to my Xbox account. After several days with EA, I am unable to supply a valid email address for... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jeremy Black1, Jun 11, 2023.

1. EA Account linked to old Gamer tag

Per EA support I have an old account that is linked to my Xbox account. After several days with EA, I am unable to supply a valid email address for that account. They in turn asked for my gamer tag. My current gamer tag doesn’t show up in there system. As I changed my gamer tag back in 2014. EA support advised me to reach out to Xbox support to see what my previous gamer tag was prior to me changing it back in 2014. I can’t seem to contact anyone via chat. If I can’t get my previous gamer tag, I won’t be able to play EA games on my Xbox online anymore.

Please advise.

:)

Jeremy Black1, Jun 11, 2023
  2. RancidPain Win User

This is the same issue I am having. If I have my credentials to log into my EA account and unlink then why do I not have the authority to link MY EA account to my Microsoft account?? EA is so backwards. I paid 5 bucks back in the 360 days to change my gamer tag to what I use now but origin now known as EA Play didn't' get the memo.
  3. Jeremy Black2 Win User

I am getting the infamous "Your Xbox is linked to another EA account. One EA account per Xbox in a lifetime". Not exact words, but pretty close. I spent all weekend on chat with EA and they couldn't find my old gamer tag that was associated with this. I gave them every email address that I could think of as well.

I changed my Xbox gamer tag back in December of 2014. The receipt from Microsoft doesn't show it The gamer tag's either. EA support told me to get with Xbox support to see if the can tell me what my previous gamer tag was.

Do you know if Xbox support would be able to see that?

If they can't, EA told me I'm pretty much SOL, and if I am I wont be able to play any EA game online ever again on the Xbox platform. Which is so ridiculous.

EA being a billion dollar plus company, can't even develop a program to overwrite any past Xbox links to accounts.
  4. DeniqL Win User

Hi,Jeremy! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

There is sadly no Gamertag History feature. You would need to look for a confirmation email change from back in the day. It is either that or trying to reach out to support.

You can also look for game captures in which your old GT was still in use.

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

What error are you getting here?
  5. SheFuxknDope Win User

HOW TO CHANGE GAMER TAG TO XBOX 360 GAMER TAG

For some reason my new gamer tag linked itself to my old gamer tag email address. I don't know how to change that and to link my old gamer tag back to my Microsoft account. I believe that's why I cant play as my old game tag. Is there a way to fix that?
  6. MisterCroquette Win User

Change the ea account link to my gamer tag

actuly i want to keep the same gamertag i just want to unlink the ea account that is link right now on my gamer tag to link my new one ( the one i use every where ) and is there a way to see witch account is link to my gamer tag right now
Thema:

1. EA Account linked to old Gamer tag - Similar Threads - Account linked old

2. Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account: I own an xbox account the age of the account is 15 but im having trouble linking a discord account will i not be able or am i doing something wrong f7eac7e5-6db7-4bff-8e64-902d6af216d1
  3. Can I link my 15 year old account to discord?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I link my 15 year old account to discord?: My account is 15 years old but I can't link it to discord. Is there anything I can do to fix it? c55fafd9-5790-4024-bb1f-7fdfa4f47d54
  4. How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?: I need to link my Microsoft account to the playstation account for Minecraft and sea of thieves when it comes out but I'm having trouble doing so. ee52402d-f476-4307-905e-63091ebd38e3
  5. I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it...: I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it from my old one and link it to my new one aeda31a0-b74a-4037-8ead-8cc7d3b55545
  6. I have an old Xbox account that I want to link to EA to transfer progress on Apex Legends.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old Xbox account that I want to link to EA to transfer progress on Apex Legends.: I have an old Xbox account that I want to link to EA to transfer progress on Apex Legends, However I cant access the Xbox live account anymore because I deactivated the Yahoo email associated with...
  7. I can't log into my live profile and my email that's linked to that account it's old as all...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't log into my live profile and my email that's linked to that account it's old as all...: I can't log into my live account please help me 5b35fe63-136a-419d-ae01-9acf4628016a
  8. I don’t know my old account that’s linked to Minecraft on my PlayStation.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don’t know my old account that’s linked to Minecraft on my PlayStation.: Hey, I really want to not connect my old account to my PlayStation. Or delete by any chance to put my new Microsoft account onto Minecraft. By any chance y’all can do that? My PlayStation user is...
  9. I want to activate my 2fa but it’s linked to an old account I don’t know the @hotmail or...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to activate my 2fa but it’s linked to an old account I don’t know the @hotmail or...: I want to activate my 2fa but it’s linked to an old account I don’t know the @hotmail or the password so I’m just stuck a54b66e9-c6ca-487e-9cf0-17e3b794cb2f
  10. No longer have acess to Old Email accounts Linked to Minecraft Account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    No longer have acess to Old Email accounts Linked to Minecraft Account.: I have had Minecraft for a long time now but within the last 2 years the email that was linked to it both the main and back up email have been deactivated and i can no longer have access to. I...