EA Access vault not allowing BF4 to be downloaded for free

Discus and support EA Access vault not allowing BF4 to be downloaded for free in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I signed up for a 12 month subscription to EA Access, thinking it's a pretty good deal. However, when I tried to download Battlefield 4 from the vault,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by bartus66, Aug 13, 2014.

1. bartus66
    bartus66 Guest

I signed up for a 12 month subscription to EA Access, thinking it's a pretty good deal. However, when I tried to download Battlefield 4 from the vault, I was only presented with an option to buy it for $45!?! I'm thinking this has to be a glitch, or is EA
    pulling the old 'bait & switch' on its vault selection? Anyone else having this problem with EA Access? Thanks...

:)

bartus66, Aug 13, 2014
  2. sc_shark
    sc_shark Guest
    ea acess went live today. aug 11,2014

ok so its not as easy to find "second assult for bf4" its not in the vault

you need to:

open ea access

go to browse vault

on top left go to "show all" or click directly on battle field 4 (may show free in vault if you already have it bf4 downloaded)

go to far left where it shows addons (you want to click on the 3 (...) dots at the bottom.

once it bring you to all dlc add on content find the second assault and click on it/download. it will prompt you like a purchase but says free for ea access or someting on those lines. it is like 4.42gb fwiw.

sc_shark, Aug 13, 2014
  3. sc_shark
    sc_shark Guest
    ea acess went live today. aug 11,2014

anyone with an active subscription to EA Access can download the Second Assault expansion pack for Battlefield 4 starting January 29 and through February 28, free of charge.

All you need to do is find it on the EA Access Hub app on Xbox One.

Battlefield 4 is itself part of the games available through EA Access, without any DLC. This is will be the first piece of DLC to added to the game through the service.

Battlefield 4 Second Assault DLC free to all EA Access members - VG247

another positive addition to ea access.. i mean bf4 is already in the vault.. so it is good news they may dabble with free dlc for vault games as well.. it may open the door to more ea access content.. i kinda figured at first they would be on a 2 month cycle for game content.. it may shorten that time frame all together... it also helps them keep games active that would otherwise die out... all in all i think ea is doing well with ea access and how it is running so far.

sc_shark, Aug 13, 2014
  4. EA Access vault not allowing BF4 to be downloaded for free

I just called xbox support and they said it was on EA's end. But the thing is the 3 other games work. But yet battlefield 4 is wanting to charge me 44.99 even though its in the vault. I hope this is just a bug and it will be worked out today. Glad I am not
    the only one having problems and hope this gets addressed asap. I will not be getting another month if this is how its going to be.

:EA Access vault not allowing BF4 to be downloaded for free :posted this in another thread::

standardreflex, Aug 13, 2014
  5. Dvalen
    Dvalen Guest
    Same here. Played for 2 days just fine now this.EA Access vault not allowing BF4 to be downloaded for free :(

Dvalen, Aug 13, 2014
  6. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Just found this post from EA on Twitter. They are aware of the issue and are working on it. Hopefully things will be back up and working for you all again soon.

twitter.com/.../499631562259177472

onyxishere, Aug 13, 2014
  7. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    I just found this post from EA on Twitter. They are aware of the issue and are working on it. Hopefully things will be back up and working for you all again soon.

twitter.com/.../499631562259177472

onyxishere, Aug 13, 2014
  8. EA Access vault not allowing BF4 to be downloaded for free

Hey, all! This should be resolved for you now! If you are still being asked to pay for your EA Access games, please let us know so that we can get you sorted out. EA Access vault not allowing BF4 to be downloaded for free :D

Misses Quinzel, Nov 1, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: