DVD Playback - XBox 360 S - Playback controls (overlay) won't go away

Discus and support DVD Playback - XBox 360 S - Playback controls (overlay) won't go away in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I need help. I'm trying to play rented DVD movie on my XBox 360 S. The movie plays just fine and I can skip the chapters etc. However there is a DVD... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Malchore, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Malchore
    Malchore Guest

I need help. I'm trying to play rented DVD movie on my XBox 360 S. The movie plays just fine and I can skip the chapters etc. However there is a DVD Controls overlay bar that sits across the bottom of the screen. It won't go away.
    No matter how many times I select "Back" it instantly re-appers. It stays up for the entire movie. Very annoying that I can't "hide" it, and I can find no settings within the cosole to control it. I have no idea how or where to even configure the settings
    for the DVD player. Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

:)

Malchore, Nov 20, 2017
  2. kaeruNkame
    kaeruNkame Guest
    Xbox One Media Remote Functionality YouTube App

Does it at least control blu-ray/dvd playback on the system?

kaeruNkame, Nov 20, 2017
  3. Paruchda
    Paruchda Guest
    Xbox One S - DVD & Blu-ray audio out of sync - DVD audio/video sync worse

UPDATE: Xbox One S returned. No solution for audio sync issue on DVD/Blu-ray playback.

After scouring the internet I cannot find a solution. The Xbox Support seems to be correct. There was an issue with the Xbox One S where the audio was not in sync with the video on DVD and Blu-ray playback. I returned the Xbox One S.

Hopefully few other experience the issue.

Good Luck!

Paruchda, Nov 20, 2017
  4. Malchore
    Malchore Guest

Actually I just figured it out and resolved it myself. My son has a kid-sized XBox controller and we have it plugged into the front panel USB. Whenver the XBox console is powered on, that controller is powered on as well. I disconnected the controller from
    the console and pushed "Back" on our XBox 360 remote control and made the DVD Playback controls overlay disappear! We can watch our DVDs in full screen once again.

Malchore, Nov 20, 2017
  5. Malchore Win User

Actually I just figured it out and resolved it myself. My son has a kid-sized XBox controller and we have it plugged into the front panel USB. Whenver the XBox console is powered on, that controller is powered on as well. I disconnected the controller from
    the console and pushed "Back" on our XBox 360 remote control and made the DVD Playback controls overlay disappear! We can watch our DVDs in full screen once again.
  6. voteDC Win User

Do I need special equipment to play movie DVDs on my XBOX 360?

You just put the DVD into the disc tray and press play on the remote or the A button on a controller.

-

There is no need for a separate infra-red receiver for the remote to work on the 360.

-

Are you sure the stuff you've bought is for the 360 and not the original Xbox? This is for the original Xbox http://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Movie-Playback-Controller-Xbox/dp/B0000CFYI8.

This is all you need for the 360 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-360-Un..._2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1325884781&sr=1-2 and
    not even then as DVD playback can be used with the controller.
  7. NonSportsGirl Win User

DVD playback quality is still atrocious.

The reason I prefer the 360 over the One for DVD playback is the media remote. The one for the 360 can operate my TV and DVD playback. By contrast the One media remote is very limited and parts only work when pointed at the Kinect.

Also what utter nonsense that the One is not designed for DVD playback. if it were not then it wouldn't even be able to play them, as it wouldn't have the diode in the drive.
  8. kaeruNkame Win User

Xbox One Media Remote Functionality YouTube App

Does it at least control blu-ray/dvd playback on the system?
  9. Paruchda Win User

Xbox One S - DVD & Blu-ray audio out of sync - DVD audio/video sync worse

UPDATE: Xbox One S returned. No solution for audio sync issue on DVD/Blu-ray playback.

After scouring the internet I cannot find a solution. The Xbox Support seems to be correct. There was an issue with the Xbox One S where the audio was not in sync with the video on DVD and Blu-ray playback. I returned the Xbox One S.

Hopefully few other experience the issue.

Good Luck!
Thema:

1. DVD Playback - XBox 360 S - Playback controls (overlay) won't go away - Similar Threads - DVD Playback 360

2. DVD Playback is out of sync on Series X?

in XboX Insiders
    DVD Playback is out of sync on Series X?: Alpha Skip ahead here (Series X), just bought SG-1 DVD collection from a site. But noticed that the video goes too fast, so the speech goes out of synch fast. Haven't tried yet to disable...
  3. Series X DVD Stutter Playback

in XBoX on Windows
    Series X DVD Stutter Playback: Having an issue where the picture stutters on playback (audio is fine) on a standard DVD (Not blu ray) Using included HDMI, and console is only a couple of weeks old. TV is 4K60hz. Works...
  4. DVD playback issue on Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    DVD playback issue on Xbox Series X: I have an issue with watching DVDs on my Xbox Series X. The intro videos (with the logos of the distribution company etc.) work fine, as does the menu, but after that, when trying to watch an...
  5. Is there a reason why DVD playback has been deteriorating per patch?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a reason why DVD playback has been deteriorating per patch?: I have the XBOX One S (day 1 halo pack). Over the past several patches DVD playback has become more and more frustrated. Blu ray seems to have no problems. I say 'Frustrated' and not...
  6. Xbox is deviating form the DVD / Blu Ray/ 3D Disc playback and closed captioning standards

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox is deviating form the DVD / Blu Ray/ 3D Disc playback and closed captioning standards: I was wondering why only certain 3D Discs get rejected by my Xbox One, but play perfectly fine on my Playstaiton 3. I would tewast dad's 3D + 4KD + network TV player upstairs but it doesn't have...
  7. Xbox one S DVD playback issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S DVD playback issues: I have the Xbox one S Gears of war edition and i used to have it laying down like the original Xbox's but when i went to put in a DVD it didnt work till i put it vertically, I have had no issues...
  8. Xbox 1X Dvd playback and upscaling?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1X Dvd playback and upscaling?: Just bought it and going through settings I managed to finally get my 4K uhd disk to play with this machine. Great. But! Playing Dvd's... Not good at all. The tv is showing 576p resolution and...
  9. MP4 on DVD-R playback

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MP4 on DVD-R playback: I have a DVD-R that is burned as a data disc with MP4's on it. Is there a way to play this back on my XBOX One? I have tried through the media player and VLC and haven't gotten any luck. Any...
  10. No sound on 360 dvd playback

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sound on 360 dvd playback: All was working fine last time I used my consoles. Now on two 360 consoles, using two TVs and trying a number of HDMI cables I have lost playback audio on the dvd player. First I had no sound at...