DVD not working; want to get a couple games in Digital format but can't find them

Discus and support DVD not working; want to get a couple games in Digital format but can't find them in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I hadn't used my XBox360 in a couple years (really my son's Xbox that I inherited when he moved out), and when I tried to use it, it would not read any... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jack RG, Jul 7, 2022.

1. Jack RG
    Jack RG Guest

DVD not working; want to get a couple games in Digital format but can't find them

I hadn't used my XBox360 in a couple years (really my son's Xbox that I inherited when he moved out), and when I tried to use it, it would not read any of my game DVDs. When I chose "Open Tray", loaded a DVD, and then closed the DVD, the prompt changed to "Reading", the DVD clicked a couple times, and then the prompt changed back to "Open Tray". It does this for all of the four games that I tried.

I figured that the easiest course of action (because I only wanted a couple games and it seems like they're like $20 each) was to re-buy the games in Digital format from the Xbox Store. But I can't find them there -- they are Rock Band and Beatles Rock Band. I don't imagine that they've been discontinued, but maybe so.

Can anyone suggest a course of action -- either a way to get the DVD player working (without a ton of hassle/expense) or how to find digital copies of Rock Band and Beatles Rock Band?

:)

Jack RG, Jul 7, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

The Xbox 360 is no longer repaired and there is no way to repair the drive yourself. Music games are not backwards compatible and both games have been delisted. The music was only licensed for about five years, and when that period expired the game was discontinued. There is no way to purchase these games digitally.

If you were to acquire an Xbox one, rock band for as many, but not all of the titles that you enjoyed in Rock Band one, two, three, but the Beatles songs were only license for that specific game, and it is unlikely that it will be re-issued. Please note that the Xbox 360 instruments with the exception of the microphone will not function with Xbox one
  3. Panno92 Win User

xbox one s all digital edition vs jogos físicos [xbox one s all digital edition vs physical games]

Translation:

xbox one s all digital edition vs physical games

Good Morning. I got an xbox one s 1tb all digital edition but I have physical games on dvd. I can't use them? Would I have to buy them again?

---------

Answer:

Hi, unfortunaltely you can't use your dvd games on the xbox one s all digital, if you want to play them you need to buy again a digital copy of them... there were some rumor about an official process of convertion from phisics to digital copy to be applied
    by Microsoft, but as of now there is no way to do it, maybe they will start a program in the future but for now you can't use them.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Backwards compatibility Xbox one s all digital

For the disc games you would have to repurchase them digitally if you want to play them on the One or get a One with a disc drive.

If you can't find the digital games make sure they are on the list of games that are backwards compatible.
  5. Eric333333 Win User

Xbox Series X will not output DTS Digital Surround from DVD's

My Xbox is set to output in Atmos, which is working when in menus and certain applications that abide by that setting; however, the DVD player should not adhere to the Xbox audio setting. DVD's should output in whatever format I select within the DVD menus, and this does work for every format I have tried, except for DTS Digital Surround.

The Xbox goes to my audio receiver using an HDMI cable. The audio receiver has an indicator to tell me what format it is receiving. This is how I can tell which format the Xbox is outputting. When I put a DVD in a different player, it correctly outputs DTS Digital Surround, so I know the issue is with the Xbox.
  6. Mister Beep Win User

how do I stretch the screen while watching DVD's on an Xbox One? It only plays a 4.3....

Hey there,

If the original DVD content was formatted for 4:3, it will play at that original format. Stretching to 16:9 may cause the image to look less ideal. Some TV's have aspect settings that may help get the picture you want, be sure to check your TV settings if
    you find an option that works for you.

Hope this helps.
Thema:

1. DVD not working; want to get a couple games in Digital format but can't find them - Similar Threads - DVD working couple

2. I put a dvd in my series x and controller wont work with blu ray disk player

in XBoX on Consoles
    I put a dvd in my series x and controller wont work with blu ray disk player: updated everything my series x is up to date i launch blu ray disc player and on dvd menu i cant scroll to anything like for instance an 90s dvd you have dvd menu scenes features etc or most...
  3. Iam about to buy a pre owend dvd box flight sim 2020, but i am not sure if it will work...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Iam about to buy a pre owend dvd box flight sim 2020, but i am not sure if it will work...: Iam about to buy a pre owend dvd box flight sim 2020, but i am not sure if it will work because the guy iam buying it from has played the game with his acount before. could anybody help me out?...
  4. What dvd formats work on xbox one that was bought in the U.S or is it universal player .

in XBoX on Consoles
    What dvd formats work on xbox one that was bought in the U.S or is it universal player .: What dvd formats work on xbox one, that was bought in the U.S or is it universal format player . f39118c9-2978-4189-a134-a08c79fd9ee7
  5. Dvd disks don't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dvd disks don't work: My problem is that i can't run any of my dvd movies and tv series on my xbox one x but i don't have any problems with blu-ray disks, i have checked that they are from my country but not even that...
  6. Blu-Ray and DVD player does not work on brand new Xbox One S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-Ray and DVD player does not work on brand new Xbox One S: Seems I am an idiot for buying a brand new Xbox One S to use it primarily to watch Blu-Rays and DVDs. It was confirmed to me that this would be possible and that when I eventually update my TV I...
  7. Xbox 360 HD-DVD Drive - Will It Still Work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 HD-DVD Drive - Will It Still Work?: just pulled mine out of a cupboard and tried to get it to work with an Xbox 360 slim running latest update and can’t seem to get the Xbox to recognise the external drive? Do they still support...
  8. HD DVD Drive - Will it ever work for XBONE S or X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    HD DVD Drive - Will it ever work for XBONE S or X?: I plan on purchasing the Xbox One X when available later this year. I already have an Xbox One S in my living room, the original Xbox One in my bedroom, and my older Xbox 360 with HD DVD player in...
  9. NEED Help Bluray/Dvd player won't work offline

in XBoX on Consoles
    NEED Help Bluray/Dvd player won't work offline: hello I'm having problem watch movie offline I have installed the app and everything and it tell me to connect to xbox live and check the network? cc866df0-660e-40b7-a885-6d1fae3c9145
  10. High Def. DVD player, works/doesn't work-communication problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    High Def. DVD player, works/doesn't work-communication problem: I have one of the old HD dvd players. It has worked well, till august, when the LED on the eject button went out. Sometimes it would flash, as if reading, then go solid. THEN you could watch...