Dvd disks don't work

Discus and support Dvd disks don't work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My problem is that i can't run any of my dvd movies and tv series on my xbox one x but i don't have any problems with blu-ray disks, i have checked... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AnastasiyaJasmin, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Dvd disks don't work

My problem is that i can't run any of my dvd movies and tv series on my xbox one x but i don't have any problems with blu-ray disks, i have checked that they are from my country but not even that have worked

:)

AnastasiyaJasmin, Jun 5, 2019
  2. AnastasiyaJasmin Win User

Dvd disks don't work

Thank you for the reply

I have done a soft reset and the first disk i tried worked so that was great, then i exit the dvd then i message came if i wanted to set my xbox to 4k because that is what my tv is and i did and then the dvd did not work again, so i set the resolution back
    to 1080 and the dvd worked so in away my problem is fixed but i would like to hear if i can leave the resolution at 4k and still be able to play dvd or should i just keep switching between 4k and full hd ?
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

Dvd disks don't work

Can you provide some details on what happens when you try to play them?
    Do you just get a black screen?
    Have you ever been able to play DVDs on the system, or is this a new issue that's started happening? Would be happy to help troubleshoot, but we'd need a bit more information to provide the best solutions.
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Dvd disks don't work

Hi there AnastasiyaJasmin,

Thanks for the reply. I understand there is an issue with the Xbox One system performance playing DVDs. I recommend trying
    a soft
    factory reset of the console
    , Reset and keep games and apps to help reset the operating system.
    Please note before doing this troubleshooting step, make sure to know your email and passwords for your Xbox profiles.

If the problem persists, contact Customer Support
    for further assistance or visit the Device service and Repair
    site.

Try this out and let us know the results.
  5. AnastasiyaJasmin Win User

Dvd disks don't work

Sure i can provide more info

Then i load an dvd it starts op and then the picture starts to flicker with static in the background and if i don't eject the dvd then after around 1 min i get a black screen

I have actually first this week started to use my xbox as an dvd player also så i can't answer if i would have been able to play dvd disks in the beginning

I have tried to change my location and language så it would fit an dvd disk but didn't do anything, not even disks from my country " denmark " don't work
  6. Hughes 12 Win User

Blu Ray Player

Yea i have that all installed and everything, i put in Dead Rising and that worked right away, then i put in CoD and it says it couldn't read disk so i cleaned it and it work right away, but it still won't read blu ray movies. It will read DVD movies but
    every time i put in a blu ray movie it says it can't read it and to put in an Xbox one disk, blu ray disk, or DVD disk.
Thema:

Dvd disks don't work

1. Dvd disks don't work - Similar Threads - Dvd disks don't

2. I put a dvd in my series x and controller wont work with blu ray disk player

in XBoX on Consoles
    I put a dvd in my series x and controller wont work with blu ray disk player: updated everything my series x is up to date i launch blu ray disc player and on dvd menu i cant scroll to anything like for instance an 90s dvd you have dvd menu scenes features etc or most...
  3. Xbox Series X - DVD No sound when playing disk

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X - DVD No sound when playing disk: Just tried a DVD in my XSX to test the drive, the film played perfectly but there was no audio Is this a know issue or have I missed a setting somewhere? DVD = Life of Brian submitted by...
  4. Disk drive increasingly has trouble recognizing that a Blu Ray or DVD has been inserted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disk drive increasingly has trouble recognizing that a Blu Ray or DVD has been inserted: It recognizes game discs just fine. However, any Blu Ray or DVD that I insert usually gets a few burst of a sort of soft grinding noise, before it settles down and pretends like nothing has been...
  5. DVD disk unrecognized, error 03-80-00

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DVD disk unrecognized, error 03-80-00: So heres a strange error I encountered just recently. The Dvd movie disk of Rio I have played many times before on my 360 elite system, no problems until today. Figured it was dust or something so...
  6. My Xbox one S won't play movies from disk (DVD,bluray)

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one S won't play movies from disk (DVD,bluray): Set up Xbox it accurately saw I had a 4k tv with ability to display in all 10 bit hz and that it don't have hdr excellent ! Go to play a DVD or Blu-ray movie and it sends my tv into a frenzy...
  7. DVD and Blu ray disk stopped.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DVD and Blu ray disk stopped.: Hello everyone. My name is xtreme_z_man_360, just call me z360, nice to meet you :) I posted this thread in the general Xbox One section of the forum, then I found this section and thought I...
  8. About Cleaning the Xbox One's Disk Drive Lasers with a DVD/CD Disk with tiny Brushes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    About Cleaning the Xbox One's Disk Drive Lasers with a DVD/CD Disk with tiny Brushes...: I am just posting to see if its safe to use a DVD/CD disk with the tiny brushes on it to clean my Xbox One's disk drive lasers. I have gotten mixed messages on this from several websites and even...
  9. Disk is stuck in DVD drive along with loud grinding noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disk is stuck in DVD drive along with loud grinding noise: I know when the Xbox one first came out, some people have had the problem with their Xbox one making a loud grinding noise and not reading games. My problem is similar to that, but slightly worse....
  10. My xbox360 will play a cleaning disk and dvd movies,

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox360 will play a cleaning disk and dvd movies,: But won't play any games error code 8c230002 pops up i need help please 3c62d020-0336-4f6a-b539-2ce393bd02fb