DV Black level issue with VUDU and Disney+ on xbox series x

Discus and support DV Black level issue with VUDU and Disney+ on xbox series x in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Has anyone else noticed the black levels are elevated on either of these two apps? VUDU and Disney+ look great but I have to lower the brightness to... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/FrigidBot, May 30, 2021.

1. /u/FrigidBot
    /u/FrigidBot Guest

Has anyone else noticed the black levels are elevated on either of these two apps? VUDU and Disney+ look great but I have to lower the brightness to match the normal black level of all the other apps that use DV on the Xbox series x

When I use Apple TV and Prime Video they are spot on, the other two have visible grey where it should be black.

I have tested this with my TV’s native apps also and they don’t have the issue that the Xbox apps have.

Yes I’ve reported this a couple times with the Xbox report a problem app… but I just don’t think anyone has noticed the issue….

submitted by /u/FrigidBot
    [link] [comments]

/u/FrigidBot, May 30, 2021
  2. jello buster Win User

VUDU app failing on Xbox since early March

I have this same issue and ONLY on my Xbox Vudu app, everything else streams fine but Vudu on Xbox has constant buffering on anything hdx and above, intermittent on standard. For me this is only happening on my series x version of the app, I have a one x, two iPads, an android tablet and Vudu works no problem no buffering can watch things all day, but as soon as I get on my series x and launch Vudu I can be certain it’ll ask me if I want to down grade quality to lessen buffering (and of course it’s worded to make me feel like it’s an issue with my isp) within the first ten to twenty min of watching something. It’s definitely an updated Xbox Vudu app issue, Since I can stream from my Vudu account flawlessly on any other device in my house.
  3. thMarkofSandm Win User

I am currently still having issues with vudu on my xbox series x and s. Never had any issues before updating to new system. very aggravating.
  4. STARROB Win User

I have XBOX series X VUDU Black screen issue ( app wont launch) since Late AUG 2021, there was an xbox update in OCTOBER introducing additional support and settings for Dolby vision and HDR and whatever that was made the VUDU app worked again, however it has been short lived as I have made a purchase on VUDU on 11/29 and now I get a black screen on xbox when launching, does this VUDU app not work with certain resolutions that fight tv and XBOX, it works on PS5 , it works through my SONY Television, I'm curious if the latest update that was pushed about a week ago has crippled the VUDU app again... any help or suggestions would be appreciated, so done with functionality not working with NEXT GEN tech, we can go to space but can't get an app to stream on a streaming device, very frustrated XBOX user....
  5. cmyates42Yates Win User

Will Flixster be an app available on Xbox One?

I have vudu & flixster & both are linked to ultraviolet (also have cinemanow linked.), but I cannot watch vudu on flixster & vice versa. also, linked to disney through vudu & the disney movies are not on cinemanow, nor are any flixster movies on cinemanow.
  6. Medieval7380 Win User

I just wanted to add that I'm having the exact same issue on my Xbox Series X and I have W.O.W as my ISP, so Comcast is not the issue... This definitely seems to be an issue with the Vudu app for Xbox... Any updates on this?
Thema:

1. DV Black level issue with VUDU and Disney+ on xbox series x - Similar Threads - Black level issue

2. Black ops 3 battle tested achievement not unlocking after reaching or completing level 55

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black ops 3 battle tested achievement not unlocking after reaching or completing level 55: Hi, I'm having a problem with black ops 3 multiplayer and for an achievement called battle tested and it requires you to reach level 55 in online multiplayer, which I have done and I have...
  3. Dolby Vision on Series X black level issue

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision on Series X black level issue: Hey guys, I’ve noticed that with the last couple of updates, my Dolby Vision on the Series X appears to have elevated Black Levels. When I use the HDR it’s perfect black.. and when I use the apps...
  4. Series X Blu-ray Player Raised Black Level

in XboX Insiders
    Series X Blu-ray Player Raised Black Level: This problem is detailed very well here: https://youtu.be/cQ-1rTIHmMI All disks played played in the Series X have raised black levels. Same issue when Xbox One X was released and later fixed...
  5. Skip and Alpha testers on Series X, is HDR Calibration app also returning black level to...

in XboX Insiders
    Skip and Alpha testers on Series X, is HDR Calibration app also returning black level to...: Just noticed this today and I'm running the public build right now. After restarting Xbox Series X, if I go to the HDR Calibration app, the black level isn't as I configured before. The app is...
  6. xbox one x hdmi black level setting

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one x hdmi black level setting: 27UK600-W 27'' Class 4K UHD IPS LED Monitor with HDR 10 (27'' Diagonal) Hello i'm needing help to set up video on my xbox one x and my monitor but the blackness level i can't seem to get to work...
  7. Black level

in XBoX Accessibility
    Black level: What is black level? Where do i find it? Does my tv support black level? 6282f4ab-0f30-4409-8533-35495cc65477
  8. COD: Black Ops II Level Progression Disappeared After Upgrading from Xbox360 to Xbox One!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD: Black Ops II Level Progression Disappeared After Upgrading from Xbox360 to Xbox One!: Upgraded to Xbox One and now My Level 55(Prestige 5) has Disappeared, starting me all the way back from the begininning! How do I get my Cloud files to sync onto this Xbox One so that I can play...
  9. what level or when are you recognized as a captain in (AC BLACK FLAG) ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    what level or when are you recognized as a captain in (AC BLACK FLAG) ?: I played the game for about a week now and i was wondering (what or when are you recognized as a ships captain ?) when ever i stop into a harbor master hut or try to recruit a pirate they say...
  10. Xbox one X HDR black level issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X HDR black level issue: I have got my new Xbox one X and after many tests I have found that the HDR games black levels are raised and looking shallow grey، I am using LG Oled E6 Series and all my games are inky black...