Durability of consoles

Discus and support Durability of consoles in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can’t understand how all the Xbox consoles seems to all fail or die. I have several, PlayStations 2 PlayStations 3 from 10-15+ years and they are all... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by el 10, May 25, 2023.

1. el 10
    el 10 Guest

Durability of consoles

I can’t understand how all the Xbox consoles seems to all fail or die. I have several, PlayStations 2 PlayStations 3 from 10-15+ years and they are all still working perfectly as are the newer versions. In the last 15-20 years I’ve gone through several Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox one, and so on that have died, some within a year or two. No longer working, had to trash them because repairing them isn’t worth it. I keep buying Xbox’s because I like the product and gameplay but, the warranty is a joke, and the durability is just awful even though the consoles aren’t used frequently or daily. I know this probably isn’t the place to complain about it and nothing will be done about it but I just needed to vent about how disappointing it is to have these products fail constantly.

:)

el 10, May 25, 2023
  2. Steve_230 Win User

Durability of consoles

The point is that it seems there are many more reports of Xbox consoles failing than consoles from other manufacturers - and after such short timeframes. It's not right that consumers are expected to pay large repair sums after only 2 years. Definitely not the same experience with Sony or Nintendo.
  3. Steve_230 Win User

Durability of consoles

I completely agree. I’ve only had the one Xbox console (2 years old) and now I’ve been advised to send it to a repair centre. Microsoft quotes $300 for this which is just under the price of a new console. Never had this experience before on a Nintendo or PlayStation device and can’t say I’m too impressed. Will think carefully whether I’ll ever purchase an Xbox again
  4. ngocphi Win User

Durability of consoles

Pro tip keep electronics even off in well ventilated areas

I had a free Xbox 360 last over 10 years before ms offered me a free launch xbox one

Before I upgraded to the xbox one s during promo

Then I upgraded to one x and series x at launch

For warning sock drawers aren't ventilated

As my mother found out phones explode when batteries aren't charged for long periods same with e bikes and electric vehicles

Case ij point iPhone 11
  5. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Durability of consoles

The first few revisions of the Xbox 360 were notoriously unreliable, and I don't think they really fixed that until the Xbox 360 S came out, but I've not seen any evidence of inherent issues with the newer Xbox consoles.

In fact, I think the Xbox One was designed (in part) to address the issues that plagued the 360, i.e. unreliability and noise.

I would never make excuses for products that I genuinely think are shoddy and sub-par (like the early 360s), but I think if you've had repeat issues with newer Xbox models it's probably down to bad luck more than anything else.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Durability of consoles

I had one Xbox 360 E74 which was replaced. for free

The only one I don't have is One S, all are functional today.
Thema:

Durability of consoles

1. Durability of consoles - Similar Threads - Durability consoles

2. Xbox series S|X console FPS

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S|X console FPS: Hello guys.. does anyone know how to display live FPS stats when gaming on xbox consoles? (if that's possible ofc) Thanks in advance submitted by /u/BillCipher96 [link] [comments]
  3. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  4. Not sure if drive or console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not sure if drive or console: I have a 5tb external hard drive, the used to be used for games, but out of knowhere it Stopped being detected by my xbox. My pc detects it when I plug it in, but when I plug it into my xbox, it...
  5. when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash

in XBoX on Consoles
    when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash: when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash i formatted it to ntfs and installed the osu1 extracted it put it in the flash and then plugged my...
  6. My Xbox one S fan seems loud after it's been deep cleaned. The guy who cleaned the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one S fan seems loud after it's been deep cleaned. The guy who cleaned the console...: My Xbox one S fan seems loud after it's been deep cleaned. The guy who cleaned the console said the fan was fine and wasn't broken so I'm made to believe that a loud fan is normal?...
  7. (Alpha Skip-Ahead) Console becomes unresponsive several times a day last week or so until...

in XboX Insiders
    (Alpha Skip-Ahead) Console becomes unresponsive several times a day last week or so until...: Basically what title says. Series X console. I’ve just run into countless issues the past week+ with games not launching, black screen when launching games, and just it being unresponsive. Like...
  8. I want to make my pickaxe's durability get damaged when I right click cobblestone....

in XBoX on Windows
    I want to make my pickaxe's durability get damaged when I right click cobblestone....: Here is my code: import { world, system } from '@minecraft/server'; world.beforeEvents.playerInteractWithBlock.subscribe(event => { if (event.itemStack) { if (event.block.typeId ===...
  9. How durable are the elite controllers compared to regular controllers?

in XboX Insiders
    How durable are the elite controllers compared to regular controllers?: Both of my controllers have stopped working after a few years of use. I play Xbox pretty frequently (2-3 hours a day) and was curious as to if you believe an elite controller is worth the...
  10. FEEDBACK: Considerations for next gen of controllers durability

in XboX Insiders
    FEEDBACK: Considerations for next gen of controllers durability: The durability of series X controllers is Bad; i have already bought 3 controllers and they are all presenting the same problem: Sensors. The sticks' sensors start to always read either an up or...