Dualshock 4 wont connect via usb

Discus and support Dualshock 4 wont connect via usb in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am trying to connect my dualshock 4 to my pc via usb as I have had latency issues with bluetooth, however when trying the usual method of just... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Daisy85837, Jul 10, 2023.

1. Daisy85837
    Daisy85837 Guest

I am trying to connect my dualshock 4 to my pc via usb as I have had latency issues with bluetooth, however when trying the usual method of just plugging the usb into the pc and than the controller it does nothing but charge. I went out of my way to get a data transfer cable to ensure that wasn't the issue, testing it with my wacom tablet which worked with no problems immediately. I've tested other dualshock controllers and none will connect, checked to update drivers to no avail, and I am completely unsure what else to do now so any help would be appreciated!

:)

Daisy85837, Jul 10, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Daisy, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

I understand you’re having some trouble when trying to use DualShock controllers on your PC.

We can try to verify if it’s something on your PC, or something else.
    For this, I appreciate it if you can try:

1. Connecting a different controller brand, like the official Xbox controller, Logitech, PowerA, etc.

2. Test your DualShock controller with another PC.

Additionally, I would like to ask, may I know if you installed third-party software in order to use your controller? Like DS4Windows or similar tools.
  3. [EX] Win User

Hi,

have you also checked if you have the newest Windows update ?
  4. WattyNuela Win User

I strongly recommend trying with a different controller brand (Like Logitech, the Xbox controller, etc), Daisy. This is helpful to determine if it's something on Windows causing the problem or not.

Your understanding is appreciated.
  5. Rostom L Win User

Hi there!

Sorry to hear about what happened. Since it’s a PlayStation controller, I am afraid that we only have here limited support regarding that particular product. If your Windows is up-to-date and all your drivers are up-to-date as well, it may be a compatibility issue with your controller to Windows.

I would recommend that you instead contact the Playstation Support or their community for further assistance.

Thank you for your understanding.
  6. Daisy85837 Win User

Yes, sorry I should have included that in my original post. One of the first things I did was check for windows updates.
Thema:

1. Dualshock 4 wont connect via usb - Similar Threads - Dualshock wont connect

2. Dualshock 4 not working with my computer when connected through USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dualshock 4 not working with my computer when connected through USB: The yellow bar lights up and sometimes it resets my audio devices, but it isn't recognized by games unless I have it connected by bluetooth, which I typically keep off. The controller did work via...
  3. Xbox app doesnt detect my Dualshock 4 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app doesnt detect my Dualshock 4 controller: I have connected my controller through bluetooth to my pc, but the xbox app says 'no controller is connected' a5c43eb8-6edb-4365-883e-8977f307f758
  4. [Continued] Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    [Continued] Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller...: I am creating this question because my previous question was closed due to inactivity. Please read this linked post for context on this issue:...
  5. Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB: Context I have two dualshock 2 game controllers that I connect to my system using DS2/USB adapters. I have used one of these controllers for a while with no issues. Recently, the controller broke...
  6. Why do DualShock 4 controllers not register as controllers on my PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do DualShock 4 controllers not register as controllers on my PC?: Until Christmas Evening, my DualShock controller (PS4 Controller) worked fine, but then suddenly stopped. It still connects via bluetooth and via USB. I need help with this as soon as possible,...
  7. Why won’t my DualShock 4 controller not work on the mobile version of Xbox Cloud Gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my DualShock 4 controller not work on the mobile version of Xbox Cloud Gaming: It used to work fine (with some sensitivity issues) but now I can’t do anything. Why is that? And is there a solution without having to buy new hardware? a394fe42-5f96-4f40-99ab-1d6e4cde53a3
  8. External pedals for Xbox / DualSense / DualShock 4 & another gamepad on Arduino

in XboX Insiders
    External pedals for Xbox / DualSense / DualShock 4 & another gamepad on Arduino: https://youtu.be/liI_7U_R0as submitted by /u/r57zone [link] [comments]
  9. Cant connect dualshock wireless controler to pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect dualshock wireless controler to pc: When i plug in the controler via usb it says on pc upgarde by usb in bluetooth an devices in settings im on Windows 11 and it did the same thing on Windows 10 too....
  10. Problema de conexión del Dualshock 4

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problema de conexión del Dualshock 4: Buenas, tengo un problema. En varias ocasiones he intentado conectar mi mando al ordenador por USB y cuando lo conecto y se configura me lo detecta como un dispositivo de audio (wireless...