Dualshock 4 not working with my computer when connected through USB

Discus and support Dualshock 4 not working with my computer when connected through USB in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The yellow bar lights up and sometimes it resets my audio devices, but it isn't recognized by games unless I have it connected by bluetooth, which I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BadBenHo, Apr 12, 2024.

1. BadBenHo
    BadBenHo Guest

The yellow bar lights up and sometimes it resets my audio devices, but it isn't recognized by games unless I have it connected by bluetooth, which I typically keep off. The controller did work via USB in the past, but now the only thing it's good at is turning off my speakers.

:)

BadBenHo, Apr 12, 2024
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi BadBenHo. My name is Kyle and I’m an independent advisor.

This forum only provides support for Xbox products and services.

Please contact PlayStation Support for help with PlayStation products: https://www.playstation.com/support/contact-us/
  3. XBF John Win User

My wireless controller is not working on my laptop.

To be honest you may have to contact Sony about connecting a PlayStation controller to PC.

From PlayStation’s website:

You can connect a DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller to a Windows PC using a DUALSHOCK®4 USB wireless adaptor or a compatible micro USB cable.

Thanks,

4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Dualshock 4 not working through bluetooth.

Hi StiizZy! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

This is from the manufactures support site

Devices using the operating systems listed below or later support DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller Bluetooth connections. Once connected, you can use your wireless controller to control compatible games and applications via Bluetooth.

Android:tm: 10 iOS 13

iPadOS 13

macOS Catalina

tvOS 13

Connect DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller to a Windows PC:

You can connect a DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller to a Windows PC using a DUALSHOCK:registered:4 USB wireless adaptor or a compatible micro USB cable.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/hardw...
  5. KALEEF Win User

Headset reccomendation.

Plug the 3.5mm jack into the dualshock 4 for stereo sound and then the usb for chat?
  6. StiizZy Win User

Dualshock 4 not working through bluetooth.

I clearly said that it worked before as it's supposed to without using any other app since some games have native dualshock support with no third party program, I also said that it still works with an USB cable, I'll also add that it works on my laptop with no issue through bluetooth. EDIT: I got a friend that just factory reseted their PC at this exact moment, asked them to test the controller on Rocket League with no third party app installed, and the game, as well as windows, detect the controller through bluetooth and work flawlessly, showing dualshock inputs in game.

Also, my controller works on other PC's just fine, even when using the same bluetooth adaptor that I use on my main PC, so this is not a dualshock issue.
Thema:

1. Dualshock 4 not working with my computer when connected through USB - Similar Threads - Dualshock working computer

2. Xbox app doesnt detect my Dualshock 4 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app doesnt detect my Dualshock 4 controller: I have connected my controller through bluetooth to my pc, but the xbox app says 'no controller is connected' a5c43eb8-6edb-4365-883e-8977f307f758
  3. [Continued] Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    [Continued] Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller...: I am creating this question because my previous question was closed due to inactivity. Please read this linked post for context on this issue:...
  4. Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB: Context I have two dualshock 2 game controllers that I connect to my system using DS2/USB adapters. I have used one of these controllers for a while with no issues. Recently, the controller broke...
  5. Why do DualShock 4 controllers not register as controllers on my PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do DualShock 4 controllers not register as controllers on my PC?: Until Christmas Evening, my DualShock controller (PS4 Controller) worked fine, but then suddenly stopped. It still connects via bluetooth and via USB. I need help with this as soon as possible,...
  6. Dualshock 4 wont connect via usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dualshock 4 wont connect via usb: I am trying to connect my dualshock 4 to my pc via usb as I have had latency issues with bluetooth, however when trying the usual method of just plugging the usb into the pc and than the...
  7. Why won’t my DualShock 4 controller not work on the mobile version of Xbox Cloud Gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my DualShock 4 controller not work on the mobile version of Xbox Cloud Gaming: It used to work fine (with some sensitivity issues) but now I can’t do anything. Why is that? And is there a solution without having to buy new hardware? a394fe42-5f96-4f40-99ab-1d6e4cde53a3
  8. External pedals for Xbox / DualSense / DualShock 4 & another gamepad on Arduino

in XboX Insiders
    External pedals for Xbox / DualSense / DualShock 4 & another gamepad on Arduino: https://youtu.be/liI_7U_R0as submitted by /u/r57zone [link] [comments]
  9. Cant connect dualshock wireless controler to pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect dualshock wireless controler to pc: When i plug in the controler via usb it says on pc upgarde by usb in bluetooth an devices in settings im on Windows 11 and it did the same thing on Windows 10 too....
  10. Do Game Pass PC games work with Dualshock 4?

in XBoX on Windows
    Do Game Pass PC games work with Dualshock 4?: I recently picked up a Game Pass Ultimate subscription. Prior to this the only game I'd ever installed from the Microsoft Store was Minecraft Bedrock, everything else came from Steam. I always...