Drive literally won't stop running

Discus and support Drive literally won't stop running in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, on my xbox 360, my xbox has come up with a weird problem: Whenever I try to play a game, the drive/disk won't stop running, which makes the xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JordanGriz, Oct 3, 2017.

1. JordanGriz
    JordanGriz Guest

Hi,

on my xbox 360, my xbox has come up with a weird problem:

Whenever I try to play a game, the drive/disk won't stop running, which makes the xbox really really loud. When I watch a DVD, there is no problem and when I play a game from the hard drive there is no problem either. Only when I need to use a disk, the
    drive cannot stop running, which it didn't do before.

It is an unusual problem, but maybe someone can help.

Thanks

Jordan

:)

JordanGriz, Oct 3, 2017
  2. ChomskyKnows
    ChomskyKnows Guest
    Is Halo: The Master Chief Collection completely broken?

GAME IS GARBAGE!

- halo 2 won't save checkpoints if you "resume"

- matchmaking broken

- can't watch POS nightfall because the menu music LITERALLY WON'T STOP PLAYING.

Oh my god I've never seen such unprofessional garbage.

ChomskyKnows, Oct 3, 2017
  3. H MlNUS
    H MlNUS Guest
    DOB is Looking For you!!

This is literally one of the best Gaming Communities around. At the DOBs we consider each other more than just people who game together, but friends as well. So stop on by and check us out. It won't take to much time out of your day, and you won't regret
    it.

H MlNUS, Oct 3, 2017
  4. Drive literally won't stop running

Games not yet installed to the hard drive, and Xbox 360 "Arcade" titles published to disc (Minecraft, The Walking Dead, etc) will constantly require the disc drive to load files. The latter is due to the fact that you cannot install
    Arcade discs to the hard drive.

In terms of noise, game discs tend to spin faster than movie DVDs. The drive will constantly spin so disc data is readily accessible at any given moment. Significantly louder noises than usual from the disc drive may indicate age
    or wear in the components within.

You can try repositioning the console (vertical or horizontal, while turned off), and see if the different position helps dampen the vibrations causing the loud noises.

Internet Expert, Oct 3, 2017
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: