Dragon Age: Origins - Can't save games (game says I can't connect to xbox live)

Discus and support Dragon Age: Origins - Can't save games (game says I can't connect to xbox live) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just purchased and downloaded Dragon Age Origins from the Xbox store for my Xbox One console (8 October 2023). When loading the game I get an error... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by bl_will, Oct 9, 2023.

1. bl_will
    bl_will Guest

I just purchased and downloaded Dragon Age Origins from the Xbox store for my Xbox One console (8 October 2023). When loading the game I get an error that my profile cannot access xbox live and therefore I cannot save game progress (all while being connected to xbox live via the same profile).

When trying to search for a solution online its difficult to identify this specic topic because there are hundreds of threads spanning years about issues saving the various Dragon Age games on both xbox and PC.

Is there a known solution that does not require me to factory reset my Xbox or download a new profile?

(this is a question that was already asked back in 2020 with 70+ people indicating they had the same issue. there were no responses in the thread. I have the same problem and couldn't find any solutions online).

:)

bl_will, Oct 9, 2023
  2. Cliff A. Win User

Hi bl_will

We have not heard anything from you in the last 72 hours. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that the issue you reported to us has been resolved. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you've dedicated to getting a resolution for this issue of yours.

Please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking on this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Cliff A. Win User

Hi bl_will

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community

I do understand the urgency of you wanting to find other ways for this issue of yours in regards with your game saves unable to save on Dragon Age:Origins. We are very glad to help you out to find some of the best possible options and troubleshooting's that we can provide for you.

To troubleshoot this issue, I recommend trying the following steps:

1. Check your Xbox Live connection:

Make sure that your Xbox One console is connected to the internet and that your Xbox Live subscription is active. You can check your connection status by going to Settings > Network > Network settings.

2. Clear your Xbox One cache:

Clearing your Xbox One cache can help resolve issues with game saves and other performance issues. To do this, press and hold the power button on your Xbox One console for 10 seconds to fully power it off. Then unplug the power cord from the back of the console and wait for 30 seconds before plugging it back in and turning it on.

3. Delete and re-download your profile:

If clearing the cache doesn't work, you can try deleting your profile from your Xbox One console and then re-downloading it. To do this, go to Settings > Account > Remove accounts and select your profile. Then, select Remove to delete your profile from the console. After that, go to Settings > Account > Add new and follow the on-screen instructions to re-download your profile.

4. Check for updates:

Make sure that your Xbox One console and Dragon Age Origins game are up to date with the latest updates and patches. You can check for updates by going to Settings > System > Updates and checking for available updates.

In addition, you can try to refer on this support article for more information's: Troubleshoot game issues on Xbox

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your issue. I hope all of this information's are helpful. We look forward on your response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Sword Style Win User

EA Games should make a Bruce Lee game

I can't say for sure that Dragon Age will be Game of the Year huh? How did that work out again?
  5. EvilMonkeyTala Win User

Slowly getting back into gaming.

Thank you guys, for £3 I guess I can't go wrong. I'll take your advice and pick up Origins and Awakening, I'm guessing the order goes Dragon Age, Origins, Awakening, Dragon Age 2?
  6. I KOVAL RUS Win User

Dragon Age Origins (Live America)

I want to buy the game Dragon Age: Origins but can `t find it in Xbox Games Store (Live RUSSIA)
Thema:

1. Dragon Age: Origins - Can't save games (game says I can't connect to xbox live) - Similar Threads - Dragon Age Origins

2. Problem Getting a Game to Play. (Dragon Age) / keeps switching what the problem is

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem Getting a Game to Play. (Dragon Age) / keeps switching what the problem is: i have a game on cd (Dragon Age inquisition) i have also purchased an upgrade for it via the marketplace. i have it downloaded to my xbox and it says missing cd and redirects me to the...
  3. Dragon Age Origins Awakening not installing as listed on store page

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dragon Age Origins Awakening not installing as listed on store page: So I’ve owned most all the dlc for awhile and the base game itself, now when you view it in store it says I don’t own the awakening expansion, however it specifically says “installs automatically...
  4. I can't complete the Dragon Age Inquisition weekly challenge.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't complete the Dragon Age Inquisition weekly challenge.: I have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. I need to collect 200 gold in game which I did. However, the challenge hasn't updated at all on the Xbox app. 6d77a494-1cf6-473d-9ff2-39670f714033
  5. I have a Xbox series x and I bought dragon age 2 but it's saying I need to sign in to save....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a Xbox series x and I bought dragon age 2 but it's saying I need to sign in to save....: I have a Xbox series x and I bought dragon age 2 but it's saying I need to sign in to save. Once I sign in will I be able to load and save even if I am 168e0ca4-cd20-4e4d-9ad5-d78ddda34180
  6. dragon age origins

in XBoX Games and Apps
    dragon age origins: getting a invalid liscense on launch of dragon age origins. i downloaded it throught the xbox app on pc. saved to d drive to conserve space. 8e17bd5f-1141-4e12-951f-72599572e55e
  7. Dragon Age Origins will not start on my Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dragon Age Origins will not start on my Xbox One: I own a digital 360 copy of the game. I’ve uninstalled and re-downloaded the game, restarted the system itself and went through all of the troubleshooting procedures, but no luck. Every time I...
  8. Xbox Series X Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition DLC not working with Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition DLC not working with Game Pass: I have Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition on disc. I was able to install it on my Xbox Series X by installing from the second disc, which installed the game and all the DLC. Then last month I...
  9. Fable 2, Fallout 3 and Dragon Age origin french version Game on the Microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2, Fallout 3 and Dragon Age origin french version Game on the Microsoft store: Hi everyone, sorry to bother you again but I just want to ask something. I live in the French part of Switzerland, I'm a fan of the Fable series that I've discovered with Fable 3, but also of...
  10. Connecting my xbox 360 with origin so I can have a custom history for dragon age inquisition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Connecting my xbox 360 with origin so I can have a custom history for dragon age inquisition: I'm not sure how it all works, if someone could give me a step by step guide? I made my world and imported but I don't know how to send it to my xbox. a67f719e-c15c-4346-8531-ad2f4b923898