Downloads constantly start/stop and take forever (Series X)

Discus and support Downloads constantly start/stop and take forever (Series X) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Within the last several months I've been experiencing an issue with downloads. After downloading a digital game, the installation with constantly start... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Confusion Imminent, Aug 29, 2023.

1. Downloads constantly start/stop and take forever (Series X)

Within the last several months I've been experiencing an issue with downloads. After downloading a digital game, the installation with constantly start and stop, mainly sitting in the queue and doing nothing. Occasionally it will restart and show 50+ Mbps as the download speed, but the amount of data installed doesn't change.

I have tried both wifi and hardline connections, and have confirmed that there are no issues with other devices. Diablo 4 took 5 hours to download on my Xbox, whereas Baldur's Gate 3 (a much larger game) downloaded in 45 minutes on my laptop. Internet speed is not an issue.

I am experiencing this with both physical and digital downloads. Rebooting occasionally helps, but I only temporarily.

I just performed a full factory reset on my Xbox and I am still experiencing this issue. I don't use any external storage device, and confirmed that I had plenty of storage space available.

When downloading something, the entire Xbox tends to struggle. Attempting to open another app likely leads to a crash. The pause/stop button for the download works inconsistently.

Please help.

:)

Confusion Imminent, Aug 29, 2023
  2. Damian Barca Win User

Thanks for the reply. I figured my internet provider was also throttling my downloads since my brother has been having the same issue. Rebooted the modem a few days ago and it didn’t help. Going to try a factory reset when I get home later. Thanks again.
  3. Damian Barca Win User

I’ve been having this same issue for a while now too. Were you able to fix it? I have no problems downloading games on my other consoles or my computer, but it can take me hours to download a 20GB game on my Xbox.
  4. Confusion Imminent Win User

Hey there! I ended up doing a full factory reset on my system and the issue seemed to continue for a day or two and then completely went away. I'm not sure if this was ultimately an issue with my Xbox or if my Internet provider was throttling the downloads
  5. Confusion Imminent Win User

Best of luck! I was very frustrated after the factory reset since the problem wasn't resolved, but give it a few days and see what happens!
  6. Confusion Imminent Win User

Hello Ezequiel,

I have believe this is a software issue and not a connection issue.

I have tried your advice regarding the DNS and there is no change in the issue.
Thema:

1. Downloads constantly start/stop and take forever (Series X) - Similar Threads - Downloads constantly start

2. GTA V download keeps on constantly stopping

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA V download keeps on constantly stopping: Hello. So I got a physical copy of gta v for my Xbox series x which I got brand new and today I tried installing the game. It said gta online and it started to download. Later I saw a message that...
  3. Game constantly stopping while downloading from disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game constantly stopping while downloading from disc: My Xbox One (2014) starts downloading with speed and estimated time, then the estimated time and download speed go away, then it stops downloading, then I have to manuallypress resume...
  4. Minecraft wont download, keeps sending me to Microsoft store, constant "pending"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft wont download, keeps sending me to Microsoft store, constant "pending": I've read a question similar to mine but the replies didn't help: I've been trying to download Minecraft but it keep telling to to continue in Microsoft store so I try and the download is in a...
  5. xbox series X Slow download, constant drops

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series X Slow download, constant drops: I have a 100 Mbps connection. In xbox network speed test I get Download 93 Mbps And Upload 112 Mbps. I'm using Wired and as tested with 5ghz dedicated WiFi, using Google DNS as well . When...
  6. : Random slow download and constant high ping

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Random slow download and constant high ping: : Random slow download and constant high ping So i recently moved to Okinawa Japan from the US and i got a good internet provider here with 150 mbps download speeds. Both of my roommates were out...
  7. Anyone dealing with constant stopping/resuming on *every single download/update...?!*

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone dealing with constant stopping/resuming on *every single download/update...?!*: For probably almost a week or more now, every time I have an update or download something new, it’s unbearably slow. It’s constantly stopping and resuming over and over and over and over again. My...
  8. Xbox One S slow download speed and constant drop out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S slow download speed and constant drop out: I had an original Xbox one bought back in 2013 or 14 and have just got an Xbox one s around 3 weeks ago. My games are all mostly on an external hard drive so I've been playing them fine until now...
  9. Getting constant "Can't Download" when trying to download games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting constant "Can't Download" when trying to download games.: Started my own thread because it was suggested to do so. I keep getting "Can't Download" when trying to download almost anything. This started about around the time the update preview program...
  10. Digital download stuck in a constant cycle of Installing and Queued

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital download stuck in a constant cycle of Installing and Queued: I am trying to preload the Halo MCC digitally and when I start the install it just sits there saying installing, but doesn't have a percentage and then will go back to queued. Has anyone had this...