Downloading on Xbox Series X knocking out wifi network

Discus and support Downloading on Xbox Series X knocking out wifi network in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just got a new Xbox Series X. I have been having network issues since hooking it up. I can play games on it just fine, but whenever I try to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ryannnn77, Dec 28, 2023.

1. Ryannnn77
    Ryannnn77 Guest

I just got a new Xbox Series X.

I have been having network issues since hooking it up.

I can play games on it just fine, but whenever I try to download anything it immediately disconnects my Xbox from my wifi network, as well as all of my other devices that are connected to wifi.

It’s like as soon as I start downloading it knocks the entire network out.

I tried resetting my router a couple of times, and did a factory reset on the Xbox.

The connection eventually comes back, but it takes a couple of minutes every time.

I had a Series S before this, and never had any issues with it.

If anyone could offer some insight into what might be going on, or how to fix it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

Ryannnn77, Dec 28, 2023
  2. Ryannnn77 Win User

Hey, thanks for your response.

I was wondering if that was possible.

I do rent my router from my ISP, and I had read some other posts from others online who replaced the specific router that I have with their own.

I think I will give that a try.

Thanks again for your help.
  3. AlexParks1 Win User

I've had a similar issue. Regardless of hardwire or wireless connection, when my XBox connects to the network and starts downloading/installing any games it causes all other devices on the network to essentially lose connection
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

you should try your Xbox on someone else's Internet connection, but what it sounds to me like is that you're saturating your connection, and that your router is having problems with the throughput

so your router crashes

if you rent your router from your Internet provider, I recommend you get a replacement, otherwise they are great deals this time of year, if that indeed ends up being the problem
  5. JerryCallo Win User

Microsoft won't fix connections to hidden wifi networks on Xbox Series X/S

The xbox series x/s is completely incapable of connecting to hidden wifi networks. There are various tricks/hacks people are using which may or may not work, but it is not supported natively.

I cannot connect to hidden wifi networks. It will not find my ssid when manually entered.
  6. JustinBollay Win User

Series X Randomly Disconnecting From Wifi

I keep having the same issue with the series x wifi just turns off and is unable to find any network at all. I have to restart the series x and it's good for about 5 to 10 minutes then does it all over again its very frustrating
Thema:

1. Downloading on Xbox Series X knocking out wifi network - Similar Threads - Downloading Series knocking

2. Xbox Series S is faster to download than my Series X (Help)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S is faster to download than my Series X (Help): I just bought a second hand Series X yesterday, I was blown away when I seen it was only hitting 30-45Mb/s , while my Series S has no issue consistently holding 150-195Mb/s.. I’ve tried many...
  3. I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...: Trying to download the finals and my console say this game is not compatible 3296876e-7797-40e6-9cff-de265ad1386e
  4. Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?: Ive been trying to download dolby atoms but every time i try to install it, it just cancels it saying “installation has stopped” i thought maybe it was just this app but when i tried downloading...
  5. Xbox series x all bandwidt goes to download.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x all bandwidt goes to download.: Hi, I have an xbox series x and when i download or update a game, all other activites that works with internet goes very very slow. Like marketplace opening, and showing a picture of a game. Also...
  6. Xbox series x downloads insanely slow

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x downloads insanely slow: Hi, anything that I try to download on my series X takes fucking ages. And what is worst it takes up the whole broadband bandwidth in my home. I own all the consoles and PC and this doesn’t...
  7. Disc games won't download on my series x

in XboX Insiders
    Disc games won't download on my series x: So I've recently started to download/redownload some disc games on my series x such as watchdogs 2 and titanfall 2 but they keep stopping I've tried to reinstall but its doesn't work can someone...
  8. Xbox Series X: Manual Controller Shutdown Affecting Download Speed

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X: Manual Controller Shutdown Affecting Download Speed: Hey everyone, I’ve noticed an interesting issue with my Xbox Series X. Whenever I manually turn off my controller, it seems to affect the download speed on my console. Has anyone else...
  9. My Xbox series s is struggling to load anything when I have 200 mbs of download and 150 mbs...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s is struggling to load anything when I have 200 mbs of download and 150 mbs...: I’ve hard reset the Xbox, reset my network, loggged in and out of my account. Unplugged the Xbox I’ve done everything I can do cd41b382-cc95-4c39-8a8e-7ff69177439c
  10. xbox series s acting up when I try to download games

in XboX Insiders
    xbox series s acting up when I try to download games: I just tried to re install rdr2 rn, I thought it started the download and I went to play another game, not only did it not start my game but it started kind of lagging everything like everything...