downloading game from xbox live onto hard drive then transfer to the console, will that work?

Discus and support downloading game from xbox live onto hard drive then transfer to the console, will that work? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have just bought a Xbox One console with two game downloads, however, the data allowance of internet use at my place is only 30G and the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KissKITT, Jun 11, 2014.

1. KissKITT
    KissKITT Guest

downloading game from xbox live onto hard drive then transfer to the console, will that work?

Hello,

I have just bought a Xbox One console with two game downloads, however, the data allowance of internet use at my place is only 30G and the games are way too large to download.. wonder if I could download the games at my friend's place whose got unlimited
    interenet?

Cheers,

Kitt

:)

KissKITT, Jun 11, 2014
  2. Dirty Loco
    Dirty Loco Guest
    Trading Xboxes

If the 250gb console is one of the older design consoles, not the newer X360S, why not just swap the hard drives instead of the whole console?

As for the saved data, the transfer cable will NOT work for a couple of reasons:

• The transfer cable will only transfer from the smaller hard drive to the larger hard drive, not the reverse. You can not transfer data from a 250Gb HDD to a 60Gb HDD
    • Once you use the transfer cable, it may overwrite the data of the hard drive that the data is being written to.

What you could do is move the stuff from the 60Gb HDD onto a USB memory, then from the USB onto the 250Gb HDD (Remember to move the gamertag BEFORE the content). Then move the stuff from the 250Gb HDD onto the 60Gb HDD (again, gamertag
    first, then content).

If you end up swapping the entire console, you will both need to transfer the DRM content license. If you only swap hard drives, you may or may not need to transfer the DRM license. I'm not entirely sure, whether it will or not you will need to. You will
    need if none of your downloaded content will work http://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-live/troubleshoot/play-xbox-live-content

Dirty Loco, Jun 11, 2014
  3. Welsh X King
    Welsh X King Guest
    How to transfer everything from the Halo console to the GOW3 Console?

You will need to set up the Gears console and then plug the data transfer cable into the Halo hard-drive and the usb into the Gears console rear usb ports.

when you connect it all, it will pop up on your TV screen asking "Transfer from xbox" or "transfer to xbox"

click transfer to xbox and it will put everything onto your Gears console and wipe your Halo hard-drive clean.

Hope this helps

Welsh X King, Jun 11, 2014
  4. MrAdyCarter
    MrAdyCarter Guest

Yup.

Just make sure you use your account to redeem and download the game onto your external HD.

Then put the HD in your console and you're set.

MrAdyCarter, Jun 11, 2014
  5. Dirty Loco Win User

Trading Xboxes

If the 250gb console is one of the older design consoles, not the newer X360S, why not just swap the hard drives instead of the whole console?

As for the saved data, the transfer cable will NOT work for a couple of reasons:

• The transfer cable will only transfer from the smaller hard drive to the larger hard drive, not the reverse. You can not transfer data from a 250Gb HDD to a 60Gb HDD
    • Once you use the transfer cable, it may overwrite the data of the hard drive that the data is being written to.

What you could do is move the stuff from the 60Gb HDD onto a USB memory, then from the USB onto the 250Gb HDD (Remember to move the gamertag BEFORE the content). Then move the stuff from the 250Gb HDD onto the 60Gb HDD (again, gamertag
    first, then content).

If you end up swapping the entire console, you will both need to transfer the DRM content license. If you only swap hard drives, you may or may not need to transfer the DRM license. I'm not entirely sure, whether it will or not you will need to. You will
    need if none of your downloaded content will work http://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-live/troubleshoot/play-xbox-live-content
  6. rylands-82DA907D-102 Win User

Battlefield 3 update remote download

Hello, i dont think there is anyway to download and then transfer via pc,

However it will be possible to download the update from a friends console using your profile or hard drive and then transfering it via USB, as the update is a marketplace download.

(just note that if you use a external hard drive and download it onto this from a friends xbox obviously you wont need to transfer via usb)
  7. MrAdyCarter Win User

Yup.

Just make sure you use your account to redeem and download the game onto your external HD.

Then put the HD in your console and you're set.
  8. bowski477 Win User

minecraft

If only the console was banned you can recover your downloaded content onto another Xbox. You can physically move your hard drive onto a new console or re-download from your download history. You will need to preform a license transfer as well.
  9. OmegaDragonGod Win User

Minecraft Xbox 360

So it seems the trouble is that you downloaded the game onto your friends Xbox Hard drive and then attempted to copy the game itself to a pen drive. You later tried to get the pen drive to allow you to play on your Xbox without Live and this ended up showing
    as a trial most likely because the game was there but the license wasn't. If you don't have Xbox Live then you'll most likely need a transfer kit but that's assuming your friend will let you transfer the license from his hard drive to yours.

Just out of curiosity, was the game download file saved originally to your pen drive or his Hard drive?
Thema:

1. downloading game from xbox live onto hard drive then transfer to the console, will that work? - Similar Threads - downloading game live

2. On Xbox 360 I have a lot of downloaded games that my Xbox makes me sign in to live to play....

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox 360 I have a lot of downloaded games that my Xbox makes me sign in to live to play....: I have had a couple of Xbox 360s throughout the year so I don't have the console I purchased some of my titles with. I am still on the same account so I dont see why, but it always makes me sign...
  3. I’m trying to download games before the 360 store closes, but i cant connect to Xbox Live,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to download games before the 360 store closes, but i cant connect to Xbox Live,...: I took it over to my moms for wifi (dont have it at my apartment yet), had it hooked up through Ethernet and its passing all the tests all the way up to Xbox Live, and then failed everytime. I...
  4. Game Downloads on Xbox Live on it's own, even after uninstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Downloads on Xbox Live on it's own, even after uninstall: So I had the game Lamplighters when it came out on Game Pass, predownloaded it and all that. But ever since I uninstalled it, it's been downloaded to my computer almost daily, and I haven't been...
  5. On the Xbox live version of the Capcom arcade cabinet how do I download all 17 games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On the Xbox live version of the Capcom arcade cabinet how do I download all 17 games?: I recently bought the $4.99 plus taxes Xbox live version of the Capcom Arcade Cabinet and to my dismay it only has about 3 or 4 playable games only with a scrolling message on the screen that you...
  6. Why can't I download Xbox Live Gold video game Darkwood?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download Xbox Live Gold video game Darkwood?: To whom it may concern: I have purchased 12 months of Xbox Live Gold. Recently, I purchased a Seagate external game drive and obtained 1 month of free Game Pass Ultimate. If I only have one month...
  7. I'm trying to download a profile on a xbox 360 game with my Xbox live account but it keeps...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to download a profile on a xbox 360 game with my Xbox live account but it keeps...: I put in my email correctly and password correctly but it won't work and it keeps saying password didn't work make sure it's between 6 and 16 characters. f0bcc76b-7a1b-4ebe-bc9c-b959fcadd9ab
  8. Why is server down on my xbox360 live rockband3 game and why cant i download all my stupid...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is server down on my xbox360 live rockband3 game and why cant i download all my stupid...: Why is my sever down on my rockband3 game i cant buy no more songs on my rockband3 music store and i cant download. All my stupid songs from my rb2 and rb3 games onto my stupid rockband4 game that...
  9. NBA 2K14 Xbox live game download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NBA 2K14 Xbox live game download: I typed in the code on my Xbox one and the game won’t show up in my collection then I tried it on my Xbox 360 and it said that the code was already redeemed. I’ve check my purchase history on...
  10. Created Xbox Live Account for a PC Game, Unable to Download Profile to Xbox 360. (Solved)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Created Xbox Live Account for a PC Game, Unable to Download Profile to Xbox 360. (Solved): Did not have 2-step verification to help decrease complexity, we tried changing to a simpler/shorter password to enter. Unfortunately this did not work no matter how much we tried the new...