Downloading a Game via XBoxLive from one PC, saving it to a HDD and transfering it to another ...

Discus and support Downloading a Game via XBoxLive from one PC, saving it to a HDD and transfering it to another ... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Ladies and Gentlemen, I am living in a student accommodation and we have a monthly internet data limit of 70 GB and it is already hard to get on with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TobiChenzhuo, Oct 15, 2018.

1. TobiChenzhuo
    TobiChenzhuo Guest

Downloading a Game via XBoxLive from one PC, saving it to a HDD and transfering it to another ...

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am living in a student accommodation and we have a monthly internet data limit of 70 GB and it is already hard to get on with it without huge Game Downloads. Unfortunately, right now, there is no way to increase this limit and also the speed is very slow.
    Therefore my question is if it is possible to download the game date via Windows Live on another PC with unlimited internet data to a Hard Disc Drive, then transfer and run it on my PC (same XBox Live Account, of course).

I would be very happy if someone could help me with this issue because I want to do this to play some games with the brother of my wife who lives in Turkey and only plays via XBox One.

Thanks a lot and best regards!

:)

TobiChenzhuo, Oct 15, 2018
  2. Please help me

Content cannot be transferred from one profile to another.

But data ie, game saves and DLC can be transferred from one HDD to another via a data transfer cable, but will only work under the profile that it was downloaded into.

Paraffin Alien, Oct 15, 2018
  3. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    xbox originals: redownload.

You cannot Move the saves to USB.

You can Move the saves via the transfer cable from one HDD to another.

IceStorm III, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Downloading a Game via XBoxLive from one PC, saving it to a HDD and transfering it to another ...

Hi there Tobi,

Thanks for reaching out! In reference to your question, Xbox app and games are updated periodically. The Xbox app will automatically update itself through the Microsoft Store app on Windows 10, but there are occasions when a game or an app may fail to update.
    In such cases, you’ll have to manually update your games and apps to get to the latest version on the PC you are using.

Check out this article :
    Verify that you have the latest version of the Xbox app on Windows 10

Hope this helps.

XBF Crystal P, Oct 15, 2018
  5. OK Fowl
    OK Fowl Guest
    OK Fowl, Oct 15, 2018
  6. I think that could help until an update comes sucks not to have unlimited internet for sure!!

HyperVenom523, Oct 15, 2018
  7. FreakRoach
    FreakRoach Guest
    Though this feature exists for Xbox One, but would be really great to have this on PC as well. As suggested by

OK Fowl
    how about you submit an idea at Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice.

Once you submit your idea reply back here with the link to that, I will love to vote for it.

FreakRoach, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: