Downloaded game on old Xbox kicks me out when son is on his new xbox

Discus and support Downloaded game on old Xbox kicks me out when son is on his new xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a digital copy of a game from GameStop. My son helped me down load it on his old Xbox. He has a new Xbox with him at college. I can’t play my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WilRankin, Dec 15, 2021.

1. WilRankin
    WilRankin Guest

I bought a digital copy of a game from GameStop. My son helped me down load it on his old Xbox. He has a new Xbox with him at college. I can’t play my game, it keeps kicking me out. I created another profile with another email address, he uses mine since he was a kid. And now I can’t figure out how to be “me” and play the game. It doesn’t show in the Home Screen any longer and I can not use the passcode again. I can’t find a way to set that game to me. I thought it was stored in the console and not in the cloud so I could play it at any time. How do I fix this?

:)

WilRankin, Dec 15, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Wil welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. So, what game are we talking about? What error message do you get everytime you want to play? Do you remember the account that redeemed the game?
  3. KyBlueSky Win User

What made you decide to get an Xbox?

longtime PC gamer, Morrowind, SimCity, etc....computer finally died and like someone said got tired of having to upgrade to play "new" games

son-in-law gave me his old original Xbox and after it died I broke down and got a 360,

when it finally quit this past year, went out and got the new Slim model
  4. Baldyshawzie Win User

2 xboxes sharing game pass ultimate at the same time

Yeah it already is and he was playing trailmakers in his room. I came home and went on Far Cry New Dawn and it kept kicking me out of his xbox.

I then signed my profile out of his xbox and he wasn't able to play trailmakers.

How can I get around this coz I want to play on my xbox as well as my son being able to play on his at the same time
  5. Reddler-[xboxvenue] Win User

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: You guys need to fix this now

Its the old xbox wireless. Hard wired im fine, but my son is having your issue and when I go wireless its happening and we both have the old xbox when it launched .My daughter has the Xbox S (new white one) she is wireless and is not having a problem at
    all. Hopefully this can help out Microsoft and we can get back to gaming :) My son is bummed and he told me to ask you to please fix this..
  6. Soul Blazer Win User

Question to a preview ambassador about transfering consoles

Hi

When you purchase your new console if you download the Xbox Insider Hub app on your new console you can then use the app to enrol your new console in the insider program. If you are no longer keeping your old console don't forget to remove it from the insider
    program.
    They wont kick me out of the preview program? i thought u couldnt have it on two.....oh remove myself first from the one console and redownload everything on the new console?
Thema:

1. Downloaded game on old Xbox kicks me out when son is on his new xbox - Similar Threads - Downloaded game old

2. How can I download all my old games on my Xbox one new account

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I download all my old games on my Xbox one new account: I am having trouble downloading my old games on to my new account de53fa8e-3cfb-417f-a613-442b50a6d577
  3. Why doesn't my old gen Xbox one s let me download a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn't my old gen Xbox one s let me download a game?: So I'm trying to download Call Of Duty World War 2, I know its possible to be downloaded because I have the disk and my friend downloaded it on his old gen console just a few weeks ago, but every...
  4. My gamer score got wiped and I can’t re-download my old games again?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamer score got wiped and I can’t re-download my old games again?: My gamer score got wiped back to zero and I can’t re-download the games that I purchased before on my Xbox profile c63218b3-4126-49b3-acca-d3026f9efc44
  5. Where do I find and download/buy old NHL games originally on the Xbox360 on my Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where do I find and download/buy old NHL games originally on the Xbox360 on my Xbox One?: I want to play an older NHL game (NHL 15) on my Xbox one that I know exists, but it doesn't show up on the Microsoft store like other old Xbox games. I guess this question also applies to all old...
  6. Is it possible to download an old PTS of a game?

in XboX Insiders
    Is it possible to download an old PTS of a game?: Hey, my question is mainly based about Grounded. I really liked an old PTS of the game, and would really like to know if it's possible to download it so I can play it all over again. I'm on a...
  7. Why can't I download a game from my old console onto my new one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download a game from my old console onto my new one?: Hello, a few years ago I bought Cyberpunk 2077 for my Xbox One S. A few months ago I bought a series X and I've just recently realized that I kind of want to play through cyberpunk again. I went...
  8. Old download game history!??!?!?!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Old download game history!??!?!?!: I recently pulled my Xbox 360 out of my closet and hooked it up for some nostalgia, When I went to my games library there was nothing even though I have save files, achievements, and other things...
  9. I can't download any game that is MA15+ on EA play despite being old enough

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download any game that is MA15+ on EA play despite being old enough: Anything below MA15+ I can download, but every time I try I get a message saying 'you are not eligible to play this game.' However my birthdate is set in 2005 so it should work fine but for some...
  10. Xbox Game App on W11 - Not allowing me to detect already download games or delete old files.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game App on W11 - Not allowing me to detect already download games or delete old files.: Hello, I have been experiencing an issue with my xbox app on windows 11 that i couldn't install or play my existing game (posted here: Xbox App errors 0x00000001 and 0x80004005 - App Unusable -...