Downloaded game from Games with Gold, won't let me play even with Gold subscription

Discus and support Downloaded game from Games with Gold, won't let me play even with Gold subscription in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey all, I'm looking for some help on an issue I am having. Recently free with games with gold was a packaged deal of Borderlands 2 and the pre sequal... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PurpleyPlatypi, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Downloaded game from Games with Gold, won't let me play even with Gold subscription

Hey all,

I'm looking for some help on an issue I am having. Recently free with games with gold was a packaged deal of Borderlands 2 and the pre sequal as well. I downloaded both of these games and they were confirmed to be downloaded and they appear in the "installed"
    and "my games" section. However when I try to play either of them it asks me "Do you own this game or app?" basically asking for confirmation that I own said game. Yes i am aware that if you don't have live gold some games become unplayable but i am currently
    subscribed to gold; i triple checked. So my question is, whats going on? If i downloaded these games for free and they fully installed then why can i not play them even with my xbox live gold subscription? Please help for this is a huge inconvenience and disappointment.

:)

PurpleyPlatypi, Oct 31, 2016
  2. Xbox Live Gold Discount Error

I have a full gold subscription it just wont let me buy games with golds discount and it wont let me download games that are free with gold either.

Redstone king25, Oct 31, 2016
  3. Games with Gold and Renewing Lapsed Subscriptions

The revised Games with Gold system is going to require an active XBOX Live Gold subscription in order to keep the downloaded Games with Gold games and I'm after some clarification on something. If my subscription lapses I lose access to my downloaded Games
    with Gold games, however if I renew my subscription will that re-enable the games I previously recieved via the Games with Gold promotions before my subscription lapsed?

Ie, I have XBOX Live Gold in January. One of the games for that month is Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition. In February my XBOX Live Gold subscription expires and for whatever reason I choose not to renew it. At that point I lose access to Tomb Raider: Definitive
    Edition. If I then choose to renew my subscription in April will I regain access to Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, or will I only be able to access games downloaded via Games with Gold from April onwards?

The reason I ask is that my preferred debit card was rejected at one point about five years ago, and ever since then the system refuses to link it to an ongoing subscription (oddly enough it still lets me charge marketplace purchases to it). As a result
    I have to use pre-paid time cards but because I don't always have the free time to go buy them I often have extended periods where I play on a Silver subscription.

TenaciousDogMan, Oct 31, 2016
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Downloaded game from Games with Gold, won't let me play even with Gold subscription

That game was part of an event this past weekend and was only available to play for free over the weekend. If you want to continue playing, you will need to purchase the games.

Smwutches, Oct 31, 2016
  5. Balthasar250 Win User

Batman the telltale series

I think i figured it out, my xbox live subscription ran out between getting the game and letting it download and booting it up to play it. apparently my xbox games with gold won't let me play in between gold subscriptions. I wanted to do some single-players
    while on gold hiatus for a few days, but that won't let me.
  6. Smwutches Win User

That game was part of an event this past weekend and was only available to play for free over the weekend. If you want to continue playing, you will need to purchase the games.
  7. Daft Badger Win User

What happens to my games with Gold that I have built up, if I cancel my ultimate subscription and want to revert back to just a gold subscription

Nothing.You need an active gold sub to play any xbox one games with gold but not for xbox 360 games.

Doesn't matter if it's just a gold sub or a ultimate sub.

Even if you let either subscription expire you will still have the games,you just won't be able to play the xbox one GWG until you reactivate either a gold subscription or an ultimate subscription.
  8. Smwutches Win User

Game pass Ultimate advantages

Since they haven't purchased Ultimate on their account, it won't show that they have a subscription for it. They will still be able to play online with the Gold from your subscription and play any games you download from Game Pass.
  9. Redstone king25 Win User

Xbox Live Gold Discount Error

I have a full gold subscription it just wont let me buy games with golds discount and it wont let me download games that are free with gold either.
Thema:

1. Downloaded game from Games with Gold, won't let me play even with Gold subscription - Similar Threads - Downloaded game Games

2. Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app: Been having double input problems only on the games I’ve downloaded from the PC Xbox app. Makes it really weird to play, my inputs will swap between keyboard and controller. Does anyone know how...
  3. How do I download a game and save it to external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I download a game and save it to external storage: It's not recognizing my phone is hooked up 514d0140-7277-4cdc-a56e-2413691971e0
  4. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  5. I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...: Trying to download the finals and my console say this game is not compatible 3296876e-7797-40e6-9cff-de265ad1386e
  6. I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!

in XboX Insiders
    I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!: Okay so i have a xbox one s and i haven’t turned it on in a few years, at least until today. I turned it on and updated it and everything was fine, until i tried installing netflix. Before this, i...
  7. Disc games won't download on my series x

in XboX Insiders
    Disc games won't download on my series x: So I've recently started to download/redownload some disc games on my series x such as watchdogs 2 and titanfall 2 but they keep stopping I've tried to reinstall but its doesn't work can someone...
  8. Can't download disc games on Xbox one

in XboX Insiders
    Can't download disc games on Xbox one: I'm trying to install Forza Horizon 2 on my xbox one but whenever I put the disc in it won't start installing and when I take the disc out it says installation stopped, Horizon 2 also doesn't seem...
  9. How to Re-Download a Game

in XBoX on Windows
    How to Re-Download a Game: I redeemed a code for Microsoft Flight Simulator earlier this year but needed to uninstall to clear up space. I'm now ready to reinstall but I'm not sure how....? I'm able to open up Microsoft...
  10. I can't download any games on my new pc due to the error "0xc0ea000a"

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't download any games on my new pc due to the error "0xc0ea000a": I recently got a new Lenovo Yoga 7i 2-in-1 computer and everything seems to be working fine except I can't download any games at all on it. I am able to download any other app that isn't...