Download xbox live games to a external 1tb usb drive?

Discus and support Download xbox live games to a external 1tb usb drive? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I added a usb hard drive to my xbox 360,how can I download games to this drive? Can it be done,or do I have to copy them from the main drive to the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TearierBat32784, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Download xbox live games to a external 1tb usb drive?

I added a usb hard drive to my xbox 360,how can I download games to this

drive? Can it be done,or do I have to copy them from the main drive to

the usb drive?

:)

TearierBat32784, Jan 12, 2018
  2. turk3y
    turk3y Guest
    turk3y, Jan 12, 2018
  3. smw007
    smw007 Guest
    Movies & TV download issue

Hello,

I've purchased videos via the 'Movies & TV' app on my Xbox 360.

I have been able to download the videos to an external USB drive (that is plugged into the Xbox 360).

I can playback my downloaded video files. Everything ok so far.

However, I have just made a large TV series purchase and the expected download size is larger than what I have available

on my existing external USB drive.

Therefore I purchased a new 1TB USB external drive, formatted it to FAT32, plugged into Xbox 360 and

navigate to storage options and formatted my new 1TB drive. Everything ok so far.

I then tried to download a purchased video and selected my new 1TB drive as the destination. The download failed

after a short amount of time leaving a 100k stub file.

Why are the downloads failing ?

The current workaround I am using is to choose download and select the destination as my Xbox 360
    internal drive.

Once downloaded I move the file to my 1TB external drive. This process works and I can playback my downloaded video file.

However, I prefer to download directly to my 1TB external drive, please could you assist in resolving this issue.

Thanks,

smw007, Jan 12, 2018
  4. JohnnyXeo
    JohnnyXeo Guest

If I recall you should be able to make the drive default place to download. Anything that you have currently on the console would have to be transferred to the external drive.

JohnnyXeo, Jan 13, 2018
  5. ok,so I can just save to the external drive right? Otherwise I have to use it as a default drive and everything would have to be transferred to that drive? Wow they can't come up with a update to download to that drive,like you can save to it?

Thankyou for responding.Appreciate it.

TearierBat32784, Nov 2, 2018
  6. JohnnyXeo Win User

If I recall you should be able to make the drive default place to download. Anything that you have currently on the console would have to be transferred to the external drive.
  7. TearierBat32784 Win User

ok,so I can just save to the external drive right? Otherwise I have to use it as a default drive and everything would have to be transferred to that drive? Wow they can't come up with a update to download to that drive,like you can save to it?

Thankyou for responding.Appreciate it.
  8. duster132 Win User

How to transfer all content from one x-box one to another x-box one?

Hi, Thanks for reply. No its not an external USB drive, its the new Xbox one 1TB internal drive. how would transfer this over please?
  9. negan41 Win User

Hard drive

Has to be usb 3.0, over 256gb and formatted to FAT32 i have a 1tb external hard drive and works perfectly is this a older hard drive if so it might not meet up to xbox specs for using an external
  10. xTheAntMan Win User

Xbox One - migrate external drive contents to a larger drive?

Thanks for all the response so far. I only wish to retain one external drive attached the console - the old drive will be repurposed.

I knew you could transfer from internal drive to external from the Xbox menus - didn't realize it would allow external to external drives as well; if so that's perfect.

The main limitation I have now is I only have one USB external drive enclosure, and I have 2 standalone 2.5" SATA drives - so hooking them both up at the same time to the Xbox is currently not an option. My idea would have been connect the existing and
    new drives to a PC to migrate the data; and then put the new drive in the USB enclosure.

I do have an older WD Passport USB drive. I suppose I could copy 500GB to Passport via the Xbox. Then swap 1TB drive into the USB enclosure and copy Passport to 1TB via the Xbox.
Thema:

1. Download xbox live games to a external 1tb usb drive? - Similar Threads - Download live games

2. On Xbox 360 I have a lot of downloaded games that my Xbox makes me sign in to live to play....

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox 360 I have a lot of downloaded games that my Xbox makes me sign in to live to play....: I have had a couple of Xbox 360s throughout the year so I don't have the console I purchased some of my titles with. I am still on the same account so I dont see why, but it always makes me sign...
  3. I’m trying to download games before the 360 store closes, but i cant connect to Xbox Live,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to download games before the 360 store closes, but i cant connect to Xbox Live,...: I took it over to my moms for wifi (dont have it at my apartment yet), had it hooked up through Ethernet and its passing all the tests all the way up to Xbox Live, and then failed everytime. I...
  4. Game Downloads on Xbox Live on it's own, even after uninstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Downloads on Xbox Live on it's own, even after uninstall: So I had the game Lamplighters when it came out on Game Pass, predownloaded it and all that. But ever since I uninstalled it, it's been downloaded to my computer almost daily, and I haven't been...
  5. On the Xbox live version of the Capcom arcade cabinet how do I download all 17 games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On the Xbox live version of the Capcom arcade cabinet how do I download all 17 games?: I recently bought the $4.99 plus taxes Xbox live version of the Capcom Arcade Cabinet and to my dismay it only has about 3 or 4 playable games only with a scrolling message on the screen that you...
  6. Why can't I download Xbox Live Gold video game Darkwood?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download Xbox Live Gold video game Darkwood?: To whom it may concern: I have purchased 12 months of Xbox Live Gold. Recently, I purchased a Seagate external game drive and obtained 1 month of free Game Pass Ultimate. If I only have one month...
  7. I'm trying to download a profile on a xbox 360 game with my Xbox live account but it keeps...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to download a profile on a xbox 360 game with my Xbox live account but it keeps...: I put in my email correctly and password correctly but it won't work and it keeps saying password didn't work make sure it's between 6 and 16 characters. f0bcc76b-7a1b-4ebe-bc9c-b959fcadd9ab
  8. Why is server down on my xbox360 live rockband3 game and why cant i download all my stupid...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is server down on my xbox360 live rockband3 game and why cant i download all my stupid...: Why is my sever down on my rockband3 game i cant buy no more songs on my rockband3 music store and i cant download. All my stupid songs from my rb2 and rb3 games onto my stupid rockband4 game that...
  9. NBA 2K14 Xbox live game download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NBA 2K14 Xbox live game download: I typed in the code on my Xbox one and the game won’t show up in my collection then I tried it on my Xbox 360 and it said that the code was already redeemed. I’ve check my purchase history on...
  10. Created Xbox Live Account for a PC Game, Unable to Download Profile to Xbox 360. (Solved)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Created Xbox Live Account for a PC Game, Unable to Download Profile to Xbox 360. (Solved): Did not have 2-step verification to help decrease complexity, we tried changing to a simpler/shorter password to enter. Unfortunately this did not work no matter how much we tried the new...