Download speeds for Sea of Thieves are really slow

Discus and support Download speeds for Sea of Thieves are really slow in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, I recently purchased Xbox Game Pass for PC. When I tried downloading other games, it worked completely fine I was getting a steady 3 MB/s for both... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Umar_652, Aug 11, 2023.

1. Umar_652
    Umar_652 Guest

So, I recently purchased Xbox Game Pass for PC.

When I tried downloading other games, it worked completely fine I was getting a steady 3 MB/s for both games. While downloading Sea of Thieves, however, I am getting a steady speed of 100 KB/s or an error that says 0B done out of 2MB with a 0B download speed

The only difference I can find for the download of Sea of Thieves is this message that pops up when I click install on the game.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Download speeds for Sea of Thieves are really slow [​IMG]

:)

Umar_652, Aug 11, 2023
  2. Umar_652 Win User

I have tried this fix and many other fixes but they all haven't worked and I have tried them again right now. i still keep getting shown this when I try to install the game.
    [​IMG]

And only after I let it run for a good 30 mins it starts installing normally but with a terribly low download speed between 10 KB/S and 180 KB/S
  3. Andrew rackley Win User

same here. three days so far at 200 kb
  4. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Hello IdleH4nds,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. Sorry to hear you are having slow download speeds when it comes to downloading a specific game. We have seen similar issues, and this seems to have helped a few people.

1. Open PowerShell as administrator.

2. Enter this command -> netsh interface tcp show global.

3. For me, the "Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level" was set to disabled.

4. To enable it, enter this command -> netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

5. You can enter the command at step 2 to validate that the Auto-tuning is set to "normal"

Launch the Xbox app and start the download again. You should see improved download speed.

If that doesn't work, we encourage you to report the issue using the Xbox app.

Submitting a bug through the Xbox App:

1. Navigate to the top right of the application and select your gamerpic icon
    2. Select “Feedback” in the drop-down menu
    3. Select “Report a problem
    4. Click Give new feedback
    5. Add [Xbox Forum] in “Summarize your feedback” followed by a feedback summary
    6. Category should automatically be selected.
    7. Once complete, post the title of the bug report along with the submission date in this thread
    Regards,

Hayabusa
  5. Umar_652 Win User

i tried that too, all the games I've tried downloading like forza horizon 5, back 4 blood, fallout 76 etc download completely fine at 10 MB/s its just sea of thieves that I have a problem with. even now I'm downloading no man sky and it is downloading perfectly fine but as soon as I switch to download sea of thieves the problem mentioned always occurs.
  6. EzequielNeves19 Win User

Excuse the question but what connection do you have at home, does your internet have a good speed? I suggest you try restarting your router.
Thema:

1. Download speeds for Sea of Thieves are really slow - Similar Threads - Download speeds Sea

2. Help with download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with download speed: I need help about a few months back my download speed was capped at 90 Mbps and before then it was about to hit as high as 600 Mbps. Nothing changed with cords or routers. It's a wired connection....
  3. Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?: Hi! While downloading games in the microsoft store the download speeds are often capped at ~700 kbps or less. This is not only the case for myself, but also for at least five of my friends....
  4. Zero download speed and MTU

in XBoX on Consoles
    Zero download speed and MTU: I recently moved into a new house and set up my Xbox and WiFi notified the people I moved into a different place and everything says it's fine. But games are having issues on playing online and...
  5. Abysmal download speed in the Microsoft Store and Xbox App

in XBoX on Consoles
    Abysmal download speed in the Microsoft Store and Xbox App: I am furious! It's been a while that I have abysmal download speed in the Windows Store and Xbox Application on PC. Everything related to Microsoft is just outrageously slow! Flight simulator...
  6. Xbox Series X: Manual Controller Shutdown Affecting Download Speed

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X: Manual Controller Shutdown Affecting Download Speed: Hey everyone, I’ve noticed an interesting issue with my Xbox Series X. Whenever I manually turn off my controller, it seems to affect the download speed on my console. Has anyone else...
  7. Need help on download speeds ASAP! D:

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help on download speeds ASAP! D:: So recently I've freshly installed windows 10 on my pc, everything looked normal until I installed steam and it was updating but then steam had a fatal error saying that it needs internet to...
  8. My download speed is fast with some games and slows down for others.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My download speed is fast with some games and slows down for others.: The game I'm trying to download is Rise of the Tomb Raider on the Xbox app for pc. While downloading the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, I have over 30 mb/s but on Rise of the Tomb Raider it is...
  9. Download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed: Asking for a friend. Why is it that his download speed hasnt droppend bellow 100mbps. Yet ive done that math and ots only giving him just over 8mbps. 20Gb in 40 mins....
  10. Sea of Thieves download speed extremely slow on Xbox game pass app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sea of Thieves download speed extremely slow on Xbox game pass app.: I have an average speed of 50MB/S on speedtest.net and Sea of Thieves is downloading at 1MB/S and only Sea of Thieves is behaving abnormally. When I download two games at a time, I'd have the...