Download speed with new modem is 1/10 original speed.

Discus and support Download speed with new modem is 1/10 original speed. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Long story short, I recently upgraded my internet but in the process received a new modem. My old internet speed was 500mbps and my Xbox One downloaded... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/sasquatchisthegoat, Dec 10, 2023.

1. Download speed with new modem is 1/10 original speed.

Long story short, I recently upgraded my internet but in the process received a new modem. My old internet speed was 500mbps and my Xbox One downloaded at 150-200mbps, my new speed is 1000mbps and I’m downloading at 20-30mbps. I have tested it and I’m getting 1115mpbs, and my iPhone downloads at 160mbps. It might be another issue but ever since I got the new modem my Xbox won’t download a game faster than 20mbps. So far I tried port forwarding (no change in speed) and was able to set up a DMZ for the Xbox (went from 20mbps-30mbps) but still feel the connection is being throttled. I also activated WMM is QoS settings on Xbox. I called my provider and was able to login to modem settings but it does not have QoS setting on the modem so idk if WMM (or the DSCP) tags would actually improve anything. At this point idk what to do or if I should ask my internet provider for a new modem? I’ve also tried disconnecting every other device from internet but no change happens. Modem and Xbox are in the same location as when I used to download at 200mbps with the old modem…. Could it be the firewall and security settings on the new modem? If Im paying for 1000mbps I don’t think it should take 4 hrs to download rocket league lmao.

submitted by /u/sasquatchisthegoat
    [link] [comments]

/u/sasquatchisthegoat, Dec 10, 2023
  2. LGS-CBC181AD-F4FA-40 Win User

I keep getting disconnected from Xbox Live on 360

The exact same router as my friend, even the same speed (60 mpbs download 10 mpbs) But he was experience some disconnection issues but it was later resolved... The older modem that I had worked fine with my old speed which was 30 mpbs download and about
    5 mpbs upload. So the new one should be better but it's not.
  3. CODukes4 Win User

INTERNET IS A MESS RIGHT, INSANELY SLOW DOWNLOAD SPEEDS

I interrupted game downloads and it save them. I have 75 download speed. It works flawlessly most of the day. Then on certain days of the week between 9-10:30pm it drops to 3 download speed. (I live in Chicago and it seems certain days/times every one
    of my 1,000,000 neighbors must watch Netflix and play on the internet simultaneously). The speeds you posted make me believe that it might be a malfunctioning modem or something else.
  4. Gnale Win User

Persona 5 Royal Reinstall Issue

Yes, for like 10s i experience a very high download speed. But after that my download speed is slower than my average download speed. And for the Size, its still the same
  5. Masterwil Win User

Xbox One slow Mbps test

I have the same problem, all my devices have 60mbps, I thougt maybe it was my modem / router..!

So I've bought a new switch, and ordered a new modem, still have a max of 15mbps..!?!?

All my other devices have a perfect download speed, so I know for sure it's the Xbox......

I live in Holland, and it should be better Microsoft!!

Also if you maximize people's download speeds, mention this on your website, I bought new network equipement for nothing now!!
  6. wowboy Win User

Halo 4 not joinable...

My Xbox is plugged to my modem, I got speed of 7.7MB download and 1.01 MB upload, my nat is open, so I doubt it's about speed.
Thema:

Download speed with new modem is 1/10 original speed.

1. Download speed with new modem is 1/10 original speed. - Similar Threads - Download speed modem

2. Help with download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with download speed: I need help about a few months back my download speed was capped at 90 Mbps and before then it was about to hit as high as 600 Mbps. Nothing changed with cords or routers. It's a wired connection....
  3. Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?: Hi! While downloading games in the microsoft store the download speeds are often capped at ~700 kbps or less. This is not only the case for myself, but also for at least five of my friends....
  4. Zero download speed and MTU

in XBoX on Consoles
    Zero download speed and MTU: I recently moved into a new house and set up my Xbox and WiFi notified the people I moved into a different place and everything says it's fine. But games are having issues on playing online and...
  5. Abysmal download speed in the Microsoft Store and Xbox App

in XBoX on Consoles
    Abysmal download speed in the Microsoft Store and Xbox App: I am furious! It's been a while that I have abysmal download speed in the Windows Store and Xbox Application on PC. Everything related to Microsoft is just outrageously slow! Flight simulator...
  6. Xbox Series X: Manual Controller Shutdown Affecting Download Speed

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X: Manual Controller Shutdown Affecting Download Speed: Hey everyone, I’ve noticed an interesting issue with my Xbox Series X. Whenever I manually turn off my controller, it seems to affect the download speed on my console. Has anyone else...
  7. Need help on download speeds ASAP! D:

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help on download speeds ASAP! D:: So recently I've freshly installed windows 10 on my pc, everything looked normal until I installed steam and it was updating but then steam had a fatal error saying that it needs internet to...
  8. My download speed is fast with some games and slows down for others.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My download speed is fast with some games and slows down for others.: The game I'm trying to download is Rise of the Tomb Raider on the Xbox app for pc. While downloading the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, I have over 30 mb/s but on Rise of the Tomb Raider it is...
  9. Download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed: Asking for a friend. Why is it that his download speed hasnt droppend bellow 100mbps. Yet ive done that math and ots only giving him just over 8mbps. 20Gb in 40 mins....
  10. Xbox Series X - Slow download Speed. Avg 180mbps (Down from 1000mbps)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Slow download Speed. Avg 180mbps (Down from 1000mbps): Recently changed routers with virgin media (hub3 to hub5) as part of my service package. The package gives me 1gbps and when I tested it after installation it was working fine. 2 months later and...