Download speed on xbox app on PC

Discus and support Download speed on xbox app on PC in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I don't know if this is the right subreddit, but I am trying to download Sea of Thieves on my pc through the xbox app on my computer but the download... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/No_Chip3018, Apr 28, 2024.

1. Download speed on xbox app on PC

I don't know if this is the right subreddit, but I am trying to download Sea of Thieves on my pc through the xbox app on my computer but the download speed is super slow it gets less than a megabit per second. I have an ethernet and the speed test on google says I get around 800 megabits per second. Does anybody know how to fix this.

submitted by /u/No_Chip3018
    [link] [comments]

/u/No_Chip3018, Apr 28, 2024
  2. Crystal007M Win User

Why is the download speed on Xbox PC so slow?

Hi XBF,

Thank you for the tips, I do note that these tips are for a actual Xbox whereas I use PC Xbox App. So definitely no games running. My brother uses actual Xbox in our house and his speeds are fine, over 30 mb/s it only seems to be the PC Xbox app that is slow at downloading (as noted I download games from Steam on same PC and speed is fine). Any recommendations?

Thank you
  3. dg225 Win User

Slow download speeds on Xbox one/x

While downloading games. All apps closed in background. Network test on xbox will show 700’s for download speeds. Apoears that xbox is throttling download speeds on their end as ps4 and pc are on same network and diwnload on avetage at 800 mbps. Why is
    microsoft continue to do this. I will be giving ny business to Playstation moving forward
  4. Shrimpley_Pibbles Win User

Why does the microsoft store force you to use the xbox app with certain games.

Thank you for your reply!

But if these are all part of the pc game library the platform is just pc right?

I would be fine just using the xbox app but the download speed is just a joke. my internet speed is much faster than 7mbps. I've tried delivery optimisation and repairing the app... nothing works to improve the DL speed on the xbox app.

Again if I can just resume the download using the microsoft store this would also be a great option but it doesn't for some games.

Sea of Thieves on the microsoft store only has install on the xbox app option but it appears in the downloads on the microsoft store and from there I can pause the download in the app and then resume it in the store. But with Total War: Warhammer III, it doesn't even show up in downloads, it's on the store and gives the same message to install on the app but then I can't see it on my library in the store (even though it's listed on the store xD)
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Slow download speeds on Xbox app for PC

HI Dirty Yogurt,

Hope you are doing fine.

Do you still have issue with slow download speeds on Xbox app for PC?

Let us know by posting a reply here.

Kind regards,

6. Kathy A. Win User

Slow download speeds on Xbox app for PC

Hi Dirty Yogurt,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are experiencing slow download for your games even you have a fast internet. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

Suggested Troubleshooting:

Kindly turn off or disable antivirus, antimalware, PC optimizer that may block your internet from speeding up or analyze any installs you made.

Kindly update your Windows and Xbox app.

How to get software and driver updates for Windows 10

All about the Xbox app for Windows

Restart PC and router. If you are connected to the PC via Wi-Fi, please make sure your PC is the only one connected and check if your download continues.

Check your internet connection.

1. Navigate to Settings on the Xbox app.

2. Go to Settings. Select Network.

3. Check the NAT type under Current network status, Xbox Live services and Server Connectivity.

Other troubleshooting you may try:

Troubleshoot slow game or app downloads

Troubleshoot network connection errors

Please, do not forget to check here for known issues that might related to your concern.

Xbox Status

Known Issues for Game Launches

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding of our description by sending us a reply.

We look forward to your response. If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

Download speed on xbox app on PC

1. Download speed on xbox app on PC - Similar Threads - Download speed app

2. Abysmal download speed in the Microsoft Store and Xbox App

in XBoX on Consoles
    Abysmal download speed in the Microsoft Store and Xbox App: I am furious! It's been a while that I have abysmal download speed in the Windows Store and Xbox Application on PC. Everything related to Microsoft is just outrageously slow! Flight simulator...
  3. Xbox app downloads speed slow

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app downloads speed slow: I use the Xbox app on PC and I have the same issue as a lot of others I've been able to see on this site. Download speed is incredibly slow seems to cap at 10mbps when my internet has Download...
  4. Xbox app awful download speeds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app awful download speeds: I have a 70mbps connection from Ookla speed test, and my Xbox app downloads never go higher than 10mbps. Is there a way to uncap it so it takes less than a few hours to download a game?...
  5. xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed: I recently remembered that game pass carries over to my pc as well so i attempted to download a gamepass game, state of decay 2. As i type this out, the download speed hasn't reached over 1 MB/s...
  6. Sub 10mb/s download speed on PC Xbox App (repost)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sub 10mb/s download speed on PC Xbox App (repost): My last thread was closed as I couldn't respond in time, so this is a repost with some new information. (Old thread) I've been experiencing extremely slow download speeds on the PC Xbox App, with...
  7. Sub 10mb/s download speed on PC Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sub 10mb/s download speed on PC Xbox App: I've been experiencing extremely slow download speeds on the PC Xbox App, with a maximum speed of only 10mb/s. I've tested my own network speeds with my browser and can download at 180mb/s, and...
  8. How do I throttle the download speed on the xbox app windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I throttle the download speed on the xbox app windows 11: I've looked into a few different threads regarding this question, and I've found that they all give the same answer, to set the download rates in delivery optimization, but in my case, % based...
  9. very slow download speed - xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    very slow download speed - xbox app: just awful, i have tried every single suggestion on the forums nothing helped, i'm never buying anything XBOX or GAME PASS ever again. i got high end pc, router 300mb, every available update,...
  10. Awful download speeds on xbox app PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Awful download speeds on xbox app PC?: Downloading is super slow. Getting around 5 MB. where on Steam and everywhere else I am hitting 200mb+. I reinstalled Xbox app. Reinstalled game services I saw a post where someone said to...