Download issue with ethernet

Discus and support Download issue with ethernet in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I'm having this issue with my series x. It started last night when I tried to download xdefiant. I'm connected via ethernet and for some reason when... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xOFF1CER NASTY, Jun 21, 2023.

1. Download issue with ethernet

So I'm having this issue with my series x. It started last night when I tried to download xdefiant. I'm connected via ethernet and for some reason when I start a download when wired my whole console slows down to the point of not being usable. I get the error of this took to long to start and when I restart the xbox it constantly says installation stopped. The second I swap to wifi everything works fine. Is my ethernet port faulty or is it my isp??

:)

xOFF1CER NASTY, Jun 21, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Please follow these troubleshooting steps to determine weather if your console needs to be serviced or it is just an ISP issue

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...).
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

downloading problems

Hello LllinWan,

Thank you for keeping us updated. The issue may be with the ethernet cable or the ethernet port of the router. Have you attempted to use a different ethernet cable, or plug the ethernet cable into a different ethernet port on the router? Also, any applications
    that are running in the background will reduce the download speed of all downloads. We recommend closing all games and applications while the installation is in progress. Be sure to let us know the results!
  4. Shoq Gravity Win User

Ethernet issues

Thanks guys, its on its way for repair.

Out of interest do the wired and wireless interfaces share a NIC? If not it is odd that both failed at the same time
  5. Anirban Sarkar1 Win User

Ethernet issues.

6. demenace Win User

Ethernet Issues

Have you tried running the "Restore to factory defaults" function on your Xbox. It is located in the Network Settings under additional settings. Then see if it will connect. If not, then I would say your Network Port in your Xbox is bad and you will
    need to send it in for repair.
Thema:

1. Download issue with ethernet - Similar Threads - Download issue ethernet

2. Download speed issues...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed issues...: I have a 1gb connection, wired to my Xbox x and I usually get 200-400mbps download. Lately I have only been getting 70mbps and lower, doesn't matter what time I try, morning, day, middle of the...
  3. Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...: For a bit of context this issue has been going on for the last few days. My series X is connected to the internet with an Ethernet cord. I have run all of the network tests and they all show that...
  4. Microsoft store download / install issue, need some help

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft store download / install issue, need some help: Hello microsoft community! I need some help, just what the title says. I want to install minecraft or minecraft launcher on windows 10/11 pc. I already have a minecraft account. However the...
  5. Issue downloading MW3

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue downloading MW3: I have the xbox one S. I have a 180 hz monitor. I've changed the settings to 120 hz on the xbox. However, it won't let me download the call of duty X/S version. It keeps downloading the basic call...
  6. Issues with downloading Xbox from Windows Store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with downloading Xbox from Windows Store: New Microsoft laptop running windows 11 s mode. Came preinstalled with x box. Xbox app showed a game pass screen upon opening app. would not respond to tapping the button to sign in and claim....
  7. Issues downloading games from microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    Issues downloading games from microsoft store: Hi there, I recently downlloaded gears of war 4 from the microsoft store as i was having problems with the xbox pc game app capping my dowload speed, and when i opened the game after fully...
  8. Xbox Series X game download issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X game download issues: My xbox has internet connection problems when I download a game. It sometimes only downloads at 5-100 mbit/s. However, when I check the connection between the xbox and the router, the xbox shows...
  9. Xbox One X Wifi Download Speed Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Wifi Download Speed Issues: Following the last update, my speeds on my One X console (Not the series X) via Wi-Fi won't exceed 25mbps. Prior to this, I was pulling 250-300mbps per second on Wi-Fi I restarted the Xbox I...
  10. Assistance with technical issue of game not downloading.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assistance with technical issue of game not downloading.: I'm downloading Mortal Kombat 1 for Xbox Series X and when I first install it for the first time, it stops, I managed to get to 60gb after changing disc 1 to disc 2 as there are 2 disc's and...