Downgrading from Game Pass to XBOX Live - will I lose my games?

Discus and support Downgrading from Game Pass to XBOX Live - will I lose my games? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; All I understand that the only way to downgrade a Game Pass Ultimate subscription to an XBOX Live Gold subscription is to let the subscription expire... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by qt12705, Sep 30, 2020.

1. qt12705
    qt12705 Guest

All

I understand that the only way to downgrade a Game Pass Ultimate subscription to an XBOX Live Gold subscription is to let the subscription expire and then renew / subscribe to XBOX Live.

If this is the case, what happens to all of the apps and games I have accumulated over the years between the GPU subscription expiring and the subscription of XBOX Live starting - do I lose all of them?

Thanks in advance

Richard

:)

qt12705, Sep 30, 2020
  2. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Those games with gold that you downloaded will ONLY be playable as long as you keep your monthly Xbox Live Gold subscription.
  3. qt12705 Win User

Thanks for replying.

Please see my reply to dempup.

Regards

Richard
  4. qt12705 Win User

Thank you for replying.

I should have been more specific in my question.

What about the games I have acquired and downloaded as part of the monthly Games with Gold - will I lose them as soon as my GPU subscription expires before I re-subscribe to XBOX Live?

Regards

Richard
  5. dempup Win User

Hi there.

Thank you for reaching out to the forum. When your Game Pass expires, you will not be able to play any game pass titles on your console, unless you go an purchase that title or already own it.
  6. Revocke Win User

Hi!

If you bought your games, they are yours, forever.

The games that you played through Game Pass only will be available if you have a Game Pass subscription.
Thema:

1. Downgrading from Game Pass to XBOX Live - will I lose my games? - Similar Threads - Downgrading Game Pass

2. Partial Detection Issue with Xbox Controller After Downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Partial Detection Issue with Xbox Controller After Downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10: Hello, I have had this Xbox controller for 3 years now and have never had any issues. However, I recently switched from Windows 11 to Windows 10, and since then, my PC only detects the joysticks...
  3. Is it physically possible to downgrade your xbox 360 dash?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it physically possible to downgrade your xbox 360 dash?: Is it possible to downgrade your dashboard on xbox 360? I could install a mod chip for RGH, but im just wondering if its possible to access update logs on metro, and downgrade from there. Ive...
  4. Xbox 360 Dashboard Downgrade Idea For Nostalgia Purposes

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 Dashboard Downgrade Idea For Nostalgia Purposes: So I have an Idea where Microsoft could make it where we could go back & visit the older Xbox 360 dashboards like the Blades/NXE/Kinect Dashboard for nostalgia purposes they should try to make an...
  5. Can I downgrade an account to child.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I downgrade an account to child.: A friend of mine has an Xbox Series S. When she originally set it up she set up her oldest child Aged 9 as the normal account and her youngest child aged 7 as the child account. They have since...
  6. Can we raise awareness so that they let us downgrade game bar versions?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can we raise awareness so that they let us downgrade game bar versions?: Im currently faced with an issue regarding Xbox Game Bar on PC and that problem is that I can no longer change accounts on it with the new update by just looking at how it works you can only...
  7. Why does the game downgrade from Xbox X to Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the game downgrade from Xbox X to Xbox One: I own an Xbox X and my daughter has the Xbox One. I have shared games with her without any issue until we downloaded mw2 and now also mw3. The graphics are perfect on mine but are terrible and...
  8. Can't access Xbox Game Pass after downgrading

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't access Xbox Game Pass after downgrading: I used to have Game Pass Ultimate for PC & Xbox but downgraded to just Xbox Game Pass. When I try to access Game Pass or Xbox Live Gold games on my console it asks me if I want to subscribe to...
  9. My RDR2 game has been downgraded from "ultimate edition" to the normal edition after buying...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My RDR2 game has been downgraded from "ultimate edition" to the normal edition after buying...: So my Xbox one finally gave up after 9 years of service. Bought a new Series X, and installed my RDR2 game but suddenly I noticed that the extra items from the "ultimate edition" was gone. In the...
  10. I downgraded my game pass account from ultimate now my modern warfare 2 doesn’t work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I downgraded my game pass account from ultimate now my modern warfare 2 doesn’t work: I recently downgraded from 15$ a month to the 9.99 plan. I go to play modern warfare 2 multiplayer and I am prompted to upgrade back to game pass ultimate and can no longer play multiplayer....