Double Nat with only a gateway

Discus and support Double Nat with only a gateway in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, so I’m getting double Nat on my series X but I don’t have a modem and a router or any pair of something. I just have my ISP ONT gateway which is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jorge Emilio Vera Vázquez, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Double Nat with only a gateway

Hi, so I’m getting double Nat on my series X but I don’t have a modem and a router or any pair of something. I just have my ISP ONT gateway which is connected to an Ethernet switch and then my Xbox and I don’t know how to get rid of double nat

:)

Jorge Emilio Vera Vázquez, Nov 29, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Jorge,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community,

I can see that you are getting double NAT your series X. Since your network setup is ONT gateway, you need to contact your ISP for more help.

See: Double NAT detected in your network settings | Xbox Support

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Have a great day!
  3. Xx ROZILLA xX Win User

Moderate NAT behind port restrictions.

hey - your Problem is: You are double Natted:

Your Modem is not a Modem it is a Gateway with it own Nat (I googled it). I´m not sure if it´s possible to bridge this Gateway - you have to ask your ISP. So it will work as a modem only without NAT.

If this is not possible maybe you can chane this gateway to a "normal" DOCSIS 3 Modem?
  4. Malacath Win User

Xbox one moderate nat

You own both a gateway and router?

Does your gateway have it's own DHCP server?

You mention using UPnP on both the gateway and router which suggest to me you may be behind a double NAT. double NATs are bad and will cause issues.

You need to make sure your gateway is in bridge mode so that it acts as a modem only.

One way to check this is to log in to your router and check the WAN settings to make sure you have a public IP address.
  5. RobertBuckalew Win User

Moderate NAT issue wont resolve. "Your network is behind a port-restricted NAT"

About the only way to get open NAT on 2 consoles is to have a good gaming router that does UPNP , your "Gateway" is most likely causing double nat ...if you cant get it in "bridge mode" you MAY have some luck ... , you may have to get a new modem (no gateway
    , modem only)
  6. taidara Win User

Frequent Xbox Live Disconnects

Sorry for the delay xWarJar!

Both of your gateway's are doing NAT which also refers to double NAT. Double NAT is something that you want to avoid when it comes to connecting to Xbox LIVE.

Is it possible for you to connect your console directly to your SR350N DSL gateway and verify if you can connect properly.
Thema:

1. Double Nat with only a gateway - Similar Threads - Double Nat gateway

2. How do i fix a double nat error, its stopping me from playing games or streaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix a double nat error, its stopping me from playing games or streaming: Someone please help, my xboxs have a doible nat detected which is preventing any games or streaming from working 77a95849-09cd-4ff2-8746-a8be219db461
  3. Double NAT

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT: I am getting Double NAT detected on my network does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it. It's an Xbox 1S, it has wired Internet and everything we have tried to fix it doesn't work....
  4. I have an ATT netgear nighthawk WiFi box. Xbox is wired to it. Can’t get rid of double nat....

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an ATT netgear nighthawk WiFi box. Xbox is wired to it. Can’t get rid of double nat....: I have an ATT netgear nighthawk WiFi box. Xbox is wired to it. Can’t get rid of double nat. Help? de77dfab-8015-4fc4-8f14-51f0175cd6f9
  5. Double NAT type because of EE 4g Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT type because of EE 4g Wifi: I'm using EE 4g Wifi, which causes a double NAT type. I've contacted EE, and they have no solution on their end. What can I do, other than use a VPN? Can Microsoft do anything?...
  6. Double Nat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Nat: Hi. My Xbox keeps telling me that Double NAT detected but I’m unsure how to remove it. Can anybody help. This has only started since I’ve had new broadband installed....
  7. Double NAT Type

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT Type: Hello, I'm an Xbox One S user. Not too long ago, after shifting from my previous network source to a new one, I started having UPNP based errors, and after enabling UPNP in the admin's site, I...
  8. Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please: Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please 3d36e8e6-1002-4a11-9210-703c25531f56
  9. My Xbox keeps saying I have a Double NAT and I’m not quite sure how to get rid of it. I’m...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox keeps saying I have a Double NAT and I’m not quite sure how to get rid of it. I’m...: How do I go about fixing a double nat on a wireless system? My minecraft multiplayer is all out of wack and i don’t know why 9401cec4-84ba-416d-83b8-e8095ee99955
  10. How do I fix the double Nat detection on console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix the double Nat detection on console: Got this new internet andi can't play cod and went to the connection settings and it say to come to this website but I'm confused need help like bad 89039808-293b-4f63-be21-4eb18663b864