Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please

Discus and support Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please 3d36e8e6-1002-4a11-9210-703c25531f56 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pierre Grey, Aug 11, 2023.

1. Pierre Grey
    Pierre Grey Guest

Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please

:)

Pierre Grey, Aug 11, 2023
  2. Pierre Grey Win User

Thanks! I will give it a go
  3. Anirban Sarkar1 Win User

Hi Pierre,

I'm Anirban and I'll be happy to help you.

There are several different ways to change your NAT type. You can toggle the UPnP setting in your router settings, enable DMZ or port forward. The most common solution is toggling UPnP.

Follow these steps to turn UPnP off and on:

1. Log in to your router's web-based configuration page to and make sure UPnP is turned on.

Note Refer to your router's documentation or support website for help turning UPnP on for the first time, or off and then back on. Make sure that the router is restarted each time you update any router settings. If the router doesn’t restart automatically, restart it manually.

2. Turn the UPnP setting off, and then save your changes.
    3. Restart your computer from a full shutdown and restart all network hardware (your modem and router). Removing the power cords, waiting 10–20 seconds, and plugging the power cords back in is the best way to ensure a full power cycle.
    4. Log in to your router's web-based configuration page to and make sure UPnP is turned off.
    5. Turn the UPnP setting back on, and then save your changes again. If there’s another setting labeled Zero Config, ensure that this setting is turned on.
    6. Restart all network hardware (your modem and router).

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en/xb...nat-type/4a81b9ac-1c42-447d-a6f4-2feaa982e738

Kind regards
  4. exasperated Person Win User

xbox one full library issues

Yes. It says Strict for the NAT type and that double NAT is detected. Also when we directly connected to modem, we got strict Nat and uPnP not working. The double NAT message went away.
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

How can I stop BO2 from freezing in online multiplayer?!!

This looks like a server issue from their side. But please check your current NAT type to be sure:

Press the Xbox button > Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings. Under Current Network Status, the NAT Type field displays your current NAT type. You need your NAT type to be Open. You also want to be sure there are no errors such as Double NAT detected or UPnP not successful displayed.
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

GTA won’t load me in

In this case, please check your current NAT type:

Press the Xbox button > Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings. Under Current Network Status, the NAT Type field displays your current NAT type.

You need your NAT type to be Open. You also want to be sure there are no errors such as Double NAT detected or UPnP not successful displayed.
Thema:

1. Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please - Similar Threads - Double NAT detected

2. How do i fix a double nat error, its stopping me from playing games or streaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix a double nat error, its stopping me from playing games or streaming: Someone please help, my xboxs have a doible nat detected which is preventing any games or streaming from working 77a95849-09cd-4ff2-8746-a8be219db461
  3. Double NAT

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT: I am getting Double NAT detected on my network does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it. It's an Xbox 1S, it has wired Internet and everything we have tried to fix it doesn't work....
  4. I have an ATT netgear nighthawk WiFi box. Xbox is wired to it. Can’t get rid of double nat....

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an ATT netgear nighthawk WiFi box. Xbox is wired to it. Can’t get rid of double nat....: I have an ATT netgear nighthawk WiFi box. Xbox is wired to it. Can’t get rid of double nat. Help? de77dfab-8015-4fc4-8f14-51f0175cd6f9
  5. Double NAT type because of EE 4g Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT type because of EE 4g Wifi: I'm using EE 4g Wifi, which causes a double NAT type. I've contacted EE, and they have no solution on their end. What can I do, other than use a VPN? Can Microsoft do anything?...
  6. Double Nat with only a gateway

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Nat with only a gateway: Hi, so I’m getting double Nat on my series X but I don’t have a modem and a router or any pair of something. I just have my ISP ONT gateway which is connected to an Ethernet switch and then my...
  7. Double Nat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Nat: Hi. My Xbox keeps telling me that Double NAT detected but I’m unsure how to remove it. Can anybody help. This has only started since I’ve had new broadband installed....
  8. Double NAT Type

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT Type: Hello, I'm an Xbox One S user. Not too long ago, after shifting from my previous network source to a new one, I started having UPNP based errors, and after enabling UPNP in the admin's site, I...
  9. My Xbox keeps saying I have a Double NAT and I’m not quite sure how to get rid of it. I’m...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox keeps saying I have a Double NAT and I’m not quite sure how to get rid of it. I’m...: How do I go about fixing a double nat on a wireless system? My minecraft multiplayer is all out of wack and i don’t know why 9401cec4-84ba-416d-83b8-e8095ee99955
  10. How do I fix the double Nat detection on console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix the double Nat detection on console: Got this new internet andi can't play cod and went to the connection settings and it say to come to this website but I'm confused need help like bad 89039808-293b-4f63-be21-4eb18663b864