Double charged on a gift card different days

Discus and support Double charged on a gift card different days in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I ordered a gift card and was double charged on different days. So what happened was that I purchased a gift card the 28th and I guess they found... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Hery Ponce, Sep 2, 2023.

1. Hery Ponce
    Hery Ponce Guest

So I ordered a gift card and was double charged on different days. So what happened was that I purchased a gift card the 28th and I guess they found something suspicious in my account that I was purchasing a gift card so to make sure it was me they did the order 3 to 5 days on the 3rd day I received my gift card and was charged again for that same order so on my bank statement I have 2 charges for that one item though the one from the official day I purchased the item already went through will the second charge drop later or will it also go through? Microsft told me the order is complete and they don’t see a second charge obviously cuz it’s still pending but I just want to make sure if it possibly won’t go threw it’s suppose to drop apparently tomorrow according to my bank but I just want to make sure or has anyone experienced this before. Sorry for my horrible grammar I’m just wondering if anyone has experience this before.

:)

Hery Ponce, Sep 2, 2023
  2. Hery Ponce Win User

To be clear on the double charge basically when I received the gift card it had charged me again for that same amount. But on there side and my said it says everything is complete basically done deal it’s just for my bank statement it says they charged me twice and so I’m just wondering if it will end up dropping or like I said has this happened to anyone before
  3. Skully Headshot Win User

Sometimes banks will place a temporary hold on the card. I assume thats what that is.

Just keep an eye on it. Its friday, saturday and sunday are not buisness days. I'd try not to think about it until at least monday.
  4. Hery Ponce Win User

I got the pending transaction back available I let the worst get to me 😂

I explained more on my other reply
  5. Hery Ponce Win User

Update guys 9/2/23

I overreacted I should’ve just been calm and waited to see what happened I think it was because of other community question but the questions I was getting were people who were getting charged the same day 2 times for one item and for me it was completely different. The pending transaction of the second charged dropped today and was put back in my available funds Ngl I probably stick to buying gift cards at the store lol. But either way i overreacted I thought I was gonna lose that money or if let’s say microsft did take my money and I did a charge back for that specific fund I would get bannned I let these question get over my head and made me react like I’m fcked. So if anyone everyone experiences exactly the same thing as me for the first time don’t let all these question that you read get over your head and make you react like me reason I got the gift card Starfield but I wanted them to take those funds automatically so that’s why I purchased the gift card. Don’t let some of these questions that aren’t reality to what you might be experiencing make you go kind of nuts lol 😂. It was my first time also I have not own a credit card for very long and this was my first experience ever like this happening. Might be embarrassing but I’m 21 and I barely have a credit card this year so this bank stuff is all new to me and just reading some experiences from other people who I thought had the same as me. I was crying thinking o would get banned or basically anything negative while microsft and my bank told me don’t worry it’s definitely gonna go back to your funds even microsft said we don’t see you did a second order lol yeah I let the worst get to me. I always I dont idk why I thinks since it’s just like a first time
  6. Hery Ponce Win User

I understand neither microsft or the bank can really do anything about till that second charge either goes through or till let’s say it drops which isn’t the problem it’s just it going through
Thema:

1. Double charged on a gift card different days - Similar Threads - Double charged gift

2. Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app: Been having double input problems only on the games I’ve downloaded from the PC Xbox app. Makes it really weird to play, my inputs will swap between keyboard and controller. Does anyone know how...
  3. My xbox double flashes and crashes my game any help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox double flashes and crashes my game any help?: When playing watch dogs legion my game often crashes in very short spaces of time with my Xbox flashing twice every time it crashes. 20c9e003-3671-4251-9e3b-a54571c4da23
  4. How do i fix a double nat error, its stopping me from playing games or streaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix a double nat error, its stopping me from playing games or streaming: Someone please help, my xboxs have a doible nat detected which is preventing any games or streaming from working 77a95849-09cd-4ff2-8746-a8be219db461
  5. Double charge?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double charge?: Is it normal that there is the Xbox game pass £7.99 bill and also the 14 day trial which also charged 7.99 A couple days after the actual bill itself? Feels like a double charge to me......
  6. I am being charged double for the Gamepass subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am being charged double for the Gamepass subscription: I am being charged double for the Gamepass subscription, and their support phone numbers tell me that the phone number is wrong. Also, their help and FAQ system lacks clear information on the...
  7. I had the same issue, attempted to buy Alan Wake game but got error and was double charged...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I had the same issue, attempted to buy Alan Wake game but got error and was double charged...: I hope to receive a full refund for my game charges since I still haven’t received the game, I’m afraid to try and buy any more games in case same issue occurs, this is why Inprefer physical...
  8. Why have I been double charged for Minecraft realms

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why have I been double charged for Minecraft realms: I tried the Minecraft realms free month and I then turned off reaccuring billing as it wasn’t for me and now a month later I’ve been charged even though I cancelled it...
  9. Double charged in Family Shared Account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Double charged in Family Shared Account: I have to family Microsoft accounts and was trying to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator. Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to share the software between the family and ended up purchasing...
  10. Why wont xbox or microsoft give me a refund, double charged me for subscription

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont xbox or microsoft give me a refund, double charged me for subscription: i bought game pass ultimate, and on the same day it re-charged me for game pass pc, then canceled itself, yet the money has still come out of my bank account for BOTH subscriptions, and they are...