Doom 3 does not open in the Xbox App on PC, I have w11

Discus and support Doom 3 does not open in the Xbox App on PC, I have w11 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The game will not open for me although it has already been uninstalled many times, in addition to changing from w10 to w11... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AlejandroFallas Logan, Aug 29, 2023.

1. Doom 3 does not open in the Xbox App on PC, I have w11

The game will not open for me although it has already been uninstalled many times, in addition to changing from w10 to w11

:)

AlejandroFallas Logan, Aug 29, 2023
  2. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello AlejandroFallas Logan,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a new discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello AlejandroFallas Logan,

We appreciate you for sharing this with us and welcome to the Xbox Forums.

We understand that you are having trouble opening Doom 3 in the Xbox App on your PC running Windows 11. Let's work on this together in a timely manner.

Firstly, I would recommend checking the version of the game you got licensed with if it's playable on windows. After confirming, make sure to check if your PC meets the minimum system requirements for Doom 3. You can find the system requirements on the game's official website or on the Microsoft Store page. If your PC does not meet the minimum requirements, the game may not run properly.

Assuming that your PC meets the minimum system requirements, I would suggest trying the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Check for updates: Make sure that your PC is up to date with the latest Windows updates. To check for updates, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.

2. Reinstall the game: Uninstall Doom 3 from your PC and then reinstall it from the Microsoft Store. To uninstall the game, go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features, find Doom 3, and click Uninstall.

3. Reset the Xbox App: Resetting the Xbox App can help resolve issues with game launching. To reset the Xbox App, go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features, find Xbox, and click Advanced options. Then click Reset.

4. Check for graphics driver updates: Make sure that your graphics drivers are up to date. You can check for updates on the manufacturer's website or by using a third-party tool like Driver Booster.

5. Run the game as an administrator: Right-click on the Doom 3 icon and select Run as administrator. This can help resolve issues with game launching.

If none of the above steps work, you can try contacting the game's developer or Microsoft Support for further assistance.

I hope this helps you sort the issue with Doom 3 not opening in the Xbox App on your PC running Windows 11. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

When are Microsoft going to fix game downloads for the PC ?

Indeed, my friend, it happens a lot lately with the Xbox app for PC, on W11 more than on W10, I myself am using W10 to install games, but every now and then, I face an issue there as well, but less than I faced when using W11. :/

Unfortunately, the app has some issues right now. :/
  5. Vinod.Unny Win User

Xbox app for PC does not automatically update any games

I was able to solve this. My Xbox app on PC showed a new update for Doom Eternal. But clicking Update in that app didn't do anything.

On opening the Microsoft Store and going to updates, it listed the Doom Eternal update along with a few others. I did a Update all and to my surprise all apps, except Doom Eternal got updated and it remained in my queue.

Then I clicked Get Updates. It found a few more apps to update and this time Doom Eternal update started downloading too. No idea what the trigger is though.
  6. CAMMofTHRONES Win User

Doom 3: BFG Achievements Revealved

What a MASSIVE disappointment!!!

I bought this yesterday and I can indeed confirm that Doom 3 does NOT have a co-op campaign this time. Doom 3 on the xbox had a co-op campaign, but not this time on the 360. What kind of terrible, stupid idea was that!!?? Doom 1 and Doom 2 have a 4 player
    co-op campaign. Doom 3 has no co-op. :eek:uch::tdown:

Also if you install Doom 3 you can NOT play Doom 1 or Doom 2. You have to uninstall Doom 3 to access Doom 1 and 2.

So anyway I brought this game back to Gamestop for a full refund yesterday. Ended up buying the the Borderlands DLC instead. :tup:
Thema:

1. Doom 3 does not open in the Xbox App on PC, I have w11 - Similar Threads - Doom does open

2. How do i download doom eternal?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i download doom eternal?: I bought doom eternal 3 days ago and for the entire time i have been unable to download it.I have a disc version of the game.When i try to instal it it also updates the game and the...
  3. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  4. DOOM!!! Let's make it coop/deathmatch already:) "Eternal" pre/post

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    DOOM!!! Let's make it coop/deathmatch already:) "Eternal" pre/post: I'm pretty sure, that we all can agree on cooperation in Eternal would ROCK!!! That's all I had to say about that......;) a6dee12d-039e-4a49-93e9-8029f9bd9c4a
  5. Downloaded Doom Eternal on game pass on pc, it includes the campaign but for some reason...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloaded Doom Eternal on game pass on pc, it includes the campaign but for some reason...: The campaign is unavailable, but for some reason when I try to access it, it gives me some kind of error. ef15df60-41e2-4630-ae20-32be1106964d
  6. Why do I have this weird shortcut Doom Eternal in xbox game pass on pc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have this weird shortcut Doom Eternal in xbox game pass on pc?: [img] It should look like the photo below [img] c1d67b32-b3d3-4189-ac26-426203bcbc51
  7. Can't turn RTX on in Doom Eternal

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't turn RTX on in Doom Eternal: hello, I have an RTX 3050Ti laptop with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800H and with 8GB RAM. Apparently, whenever I go to turn Raytracing on, it is greyed out. I would like to know if I can turn rtx on or off....
  8. Hey I downloaded some skins on Xbox for doom eternal I load up the game and I can’t use any...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey I downloaded some skins on Xbox for doom eternal I load up the game and I can’t use any...: Hey I downloaded some skins on Xbox for doom eternal I load up the game and I can’t use any of them I also can’t connect to online servers what do I do? d22da464-873c-48b5-8ff5-c4f1d84c6def
  9. i have recently wanted to play doom eternal on pc using gamepass but no campaign it say i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have recently wanted to play doom eternal on pc using gamepass but no campaign it say i...: i have recently wanted to play doom eternal on pc using gamepass but no campaign it say i need to buy it 5dfc0b2f-c6f4-4472-8a1d-571f7a7c7db1
  10. DOOM ETERNAL CRASHES EVERY 10-20 MINUTES ON XBOX SERIES X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DOOM ETERNAL CRASHES EVERY 10-20 MINUTES ON XBOX SERIES X: Doom eternal campaign freezes every 10-20 minutes during campaign. This is terrible. I’m seeing that it’s happening to numerous people and nothing has been done about it. This is very sad to see a...