Don't know where to post this,need help getting account back from scammer plz

Discus and support Don't know where to post this,need help getting account back from scammer plz in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son agreed to game share his account with someone and they were going to share theirs with him. The second they got his password they changed the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by #theMinX, Oct 21, 2020.

1. #theMinX
    #theMinX Guest

My son agreed to game share his account with someone and they were going to share theirs with him. The second they got his password they changed the password and then the email. It is my account - I am a single parent (as many others are), and I've invested
    thousands in the the xbox and his gaming progress so far. They were able to extort more money from me as I tried to get back the account (obviously unsuccessful). I'm sure many will get a laugh out of this, some disgust, some bewilderment at the sheer stupidity
    of it, and some...? Through the snickers, snorts, "dumba**", and eye rolls I'm hoping to find someone else who in the past made the ridiculously niave mistake my 13 year old son (and I) recently did, and would be willing to share/educate me on how to fix
    it. I can't just take this loss... please. Especially not when the punk says to me on the phone after gets the money from me and still won't give the account back, I say,

"What? Do you want me to beg?!?" out of pure frustration, not expecting a response.

But then I hear him say, " Yeah, I want to hear you beg for it."

:)

#theMinX, Oct 21, 2020
  2. ngocphi Win User

Contact support and open an unauthorized access case

You NEVER EVER give away your PII ever over thr internet

If you gameshare you do the download yourself
  3. Shinto Puffy Win User

Hey,

Hmmm sorry for this but the only think what i can say is that you broken the Guidelines. On the Microsoft Website and your xbox settings stands that you only share your Account,Games... In your family the Microsoft will say the same. I had a same Problem
    2 years ago my account was 7 years old and got hacked in cod bo2 and he modder there changed all and it got banned lifetime and yeah the Support says that to me.
  4. mattjenkins3 Win User

Xbox Gift Cards

that's fine I accept its gone

I am wondering if it's possible to track where they have gone, if it's a single account then they possibly can get the details of the scammer.

I don't know if it's even worth bothering them with it
  5. DANIMAL1018 Win User

we love you xbox but do you love us

its ok you may help prove another point. its not only the xbox that's flawed its the community. not every body needs to be a RICHARD. have some darn respect plz. I don't bash you for posting your honest opinion. plz don't bash me. you don't know the circumstance
    i had for posting that. many things over time. as i said it was a tipping point. thank you
  6. TinedBee8963 Win User

Migrated back from Colombia

Well I got my first proper response back from Xbox support stating that they had returned the account back and made sure I had access from my windows live account and that I should change my email address. Flipping awesome I got my account back after just
    a week....

Only I didn't at all, they had seen I had an XBL account attached to my Windows Live account and just said:

"Herp.. you have your account working now... Derp"

The account they could see was one I created AFTER phoning support and giving them every bit of info they needed to verify I was who I said I was and that my gamertag/XBL account had been transferred to a different account and that I had no way of accessing
    it to get it back. As well as all info about the £433 charges.

Now I understand why the scammers were able to take a further £83 from my account after it had been "suspended", they suspended the wrong account and basically do not have a clue about what is going on.

So a week, 2 looong phone calls and a massive email, later and I still am no closer to getting what was taken from me by a scammer. This is a very simple case they should be able to see the activity on the account where it was from and simply flick a switch
    to transfer the XBL account/gamertag from the scammer and back to me.
Thema:

1. Don't know where to post this,need help getting account back from scammer plz - Similar Threads - Don't where post

2. I don't know where to find the code for my Xbox gift card

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't know where to find the code for my Xbox gift card: I don't know where to find the code for my Xbox gift card ca6ea607-809d-4bb8-aca0-8849803a2ac7
  3. Oh for the Xbox x I don't know where to put the code in for Microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Oh for the Xbox x I don't know where to put the code in for Microsoft: the Sirius Xbox asks I don't know where to put the code in for Microsoft 106787c9-127d-4e9e-ad9a-0971670a01ac
  4. I used my product key, entered it and said purchase compete, but I don't see where I can...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I used my product key, entered it and said purchase compete, but I don't see where I can...: I used my product key, entered it and said purchase compete, but I don't see where I can find the game to download and play. 153786fa-41fb-4275-aaa9-69179928027c
  5. I paid for a game and now I don't have it and can't find where my refund is

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I paid for a game and now I don't have it and can't find where my refund is: I can't access the game I bought e4cb1366-0001-4fe2-80d7-b68859a1669f
  6. I deleted my xbox 9ne account not knowing all my games where bought on it, and now I don't...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I deleted my xbox 9ne account not knowing all my games where bought on it, and now I don't...: I've tried multiple things to fund out my email, such as using my favourite football club and of course my name because I'm pretty positive those are in it but just can't seem to remember....
  7. Bought v bucks don't know where it is.

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought v bucks don't know where it is.: Hi bought v bucks from Microsoft but didn't get any notifications or emails on how to redeem or what to do next. How do I get the v bucks 6ae2198f-462a-4047-8522-c75a1099fe4d
  8. Perm Banned - [Don't Know Where To Put Post]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Perm Banned - [Don't Know Where To Put Post]: Gamertag: KarmaLicious xo Console: Xbox One Ban Time: 12/31/9999 Ban Reason: "Cheating" (Giving Away A Modded Account) - I Didnt Want One In My Possession. Appeal: I Made A Simple Mistake &...
  9. I honestly don't know where to post this

in XBoX on Consoles
    I honestly don't know where to post this: Really, all I wanted was to get on the support chat, and they'd be able to solve my problem in ten minutes. My new problem is when I try to do that, it asks me to input my name and email, which...
  10. Unfair , I would like a live rep to answer. Don't know where else to post.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unfair , I would like a live rep to answer. Don't know where else to post.: Hi , how are you ? I spoke to a chat support member and he directed me to this forum as a means to contact someone about a minor gripe , but still a gripe non the less. I purchased an Xbox One day...