Don't be fooled Xbox one requires internet

Discus and support Don't be fooled Xbox one requires internet in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It's not a loop hole, you just need to pay for internet before you invest in a luxury device. It's honest business. Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Milburn03, Jan 12, 2014.

  1. GypsyMic
    GypsyMic Guest

    Don't be fooled Xbox one requires internet


    It's not a loop hole, you just need to pay for internet before you invest in a luxury device. It's honest business.
     
    GypsyMic, Jan 13, 2014
    #16
  2. Das Spaz
    Das Spaz Guest
    Welcome to 2014, where the internet is everywhere. Thank goodness you don't game on a PC or you'd be really screwed. Do you not have a cell phone with data services? Tether that mother to your cell for initial setup.
     
    Das Spaz, Jan 14, 2014
    #17
  3. taidara
    taidara Guest
    [quote user="Exist To Resist"]Do you not have a cell phone with data services?[/quote]Sounds like a commercial from the 90's.
     
    taidara, Jan 14, 2014
    #18
  4. Don't be fooled Xbox one requires internet

    The only game that hasn't worked for me offline is Forza 5. Everything else has worked fine for me although I don't really own very many Xbox one games yet and have mostly been playing my 360.
     
    NathanielLarson, Jan 14, 2014
    #19
  5. Auswulf
    Auswulf Guest
    The Xbone was designed to connected at all times to an internet connection and the 24hr check in was designed and put in place to make people to keep it connected and discourage users from using it offline. Which is why alot of people were losses as you
    should be able to use it offline if you so choose. Back flipping on it was a good decision. It still sucks through because in the end you still need the internet to download the patch that removes the always online feature and the drm restrictions from the
    console.
     
    Auswulf, Jan 14, 2014
    #20
  6. I do gotta admit Worry-age.

    I didn't play my console for i don't know.... 2-3 days. Then i tried to play KI offline. And it jsut kicks me out at the "press start" menu. Wierdly enough, KI Classic is fine.

    Could this be a bug Xbox?

    HOwever after playing for an hr or so, i turn the thing back on offilne and can start up KI no problems w/ all my dlc.

    I guess KI DOES have a once every 24hrs goign on?
     
    Jared Zimmermann, Jan 15, 2014
    #21
  7. You don't need to play online to save your games . After the initial set up you can play the games offline and the saves will be stored in a local cache.
     
    IngameInstincts, Jan 16, 2014
    #22
  8. JayArcade
    JayArcade Guest

    Don't be fooled Xbox one requires internet

    I have the exact same problem. I would sell the thing if I could make any Money off of it but no one wants one either. I can't sign in and can't play games. South Africa has the worst and most expensive Internet, one updates uses everything and it's such
    a waste of money. I use to only like Microsoft but now I'm only going to buy from Sony. The worst investment I have ever made thousands of rand for a brick expect a brick does more
     
    JayArcade, Mar 11, 2015
    #23
  9. JayArcade
    JayArcade Guest
    Oh yeah and having to download every game? Already paid for the disk now I have to buy Internet to download it, why even have a disk
     
    JayArcade, Mar 11, 2015
    #24
  10. You aren't downloading the game if you have the disc. Just a massive update to the game.
     
    NonSportsGirl, Mar 12, 2015
    #25
  11. Auswulf
    Auswulf Guest
    Its kinda like downloading a game with some updates for certain games. More like a missing chunk of game.
     
    Auswulf, Mar 12, 2015
    #26
  12. Stubedoo54
    Stubedoo54 Guest
    Erm no you dont. If your argument is updates these can be found on new game discs released after the update month just like on the 360. Though game updates themselves need internet.
     
    Stubedoo54, Mar 13, 2015
    #27
  13. JayArcade
    JayArcade Guest

    Don't be fooled Xbox one requires internet

    I'm just really annoyed that I cant use it or get rid off it. I understand for people with Internet it might be great but to me someone without it was just a really big waste on my savings money. Can't play, can't sign in to my account. How much could I
    even get for selling it?
     
    JayArcade, Mar 13, 2015
    #28
  14. Auswulf
    Auswulf Guest
    That sucks mate. You don't have any friends who could kindly let you update it using there internet? You could put it on eBay? If you bought it just recently you could try returning to the store for a refund.
     
    Auswulf, Mar 14, 2015
    #29
  15. Don't know what you got into it, but when you go to resell it - figure on losing at least 1/3 of what you paid for it.
     
    ElectroFlying, Mar 14, 2015
    #30
Thema:

Don't be fooled Xbox one requires internet

Loading...
  1. Don't be fooled Xbox one requires internet - Similar Threads - Don't fooled requires

  2. My games filling with games I don't have access too

    in XboX Insiders
    My games filling with games I don't have access too: My "my games" list is filling with games the console thinks are available but I don't have the game pass tier or don't even own them. They aren't installed yet it gives me the option to uninstall...
  3. Games disappearing off my library and says I can't play a certain few games cause I don't...

    in XboX Insiders
    Games disappearing off my library and says I can't play a certain few games cause I don't...: I've noticed games diapering for a bit now and wanna know if it's happening to anyone else cause before it started happening I had like what 450 odd games earlier today I had 359 now it's at 360...
  4. Day One achievement, don't talk to support, achievement bug (urgent)badge case update

    in XboX Insiders
    Day One achievement, don't talk to support, achievement bug (urgent)badge case update: Don't talk to support! After speaking with them, they promised to resynchronize my account to try and resolve the badge issue, but to make matters worse, they blocked my achievement. It was...
  5. I don't remember Clippy being mentioned in the patch notes...

    in XboX Insiders
    I don't remember Clippy being mentioned in the patch notes...: After the recent update I now see clippy next to all my messages from Xbox. I suppose if they're bringing him back i can finally accept the death of Cortana assistant on console. Will not let me...
  6. I'd like to know why I don't have the Xbox Accessibility Insider badge?

    in XboX Insiders
    I'd like to know why I don't have the Xbox Accessibility Insider badge?: I am participating in the program submitted by /u/Vanila_Whitney [link] [comments]
  7. Why was my post removed? I don't understand...

    in XboX Insiders
    Why was my post removed? I don't understand...: Why was my post removed? I was asking for help? submitted by /u/Intelligent_Try_9485 [link] [comments]
  8. Series S problems don't know why it's happening

    in XboX Insiders
    Series S problems don't know why it's happening: Hi, I have problem that my full library won't load as well as Microsoft store In full library there's a circle spining for ever and in the store there's a message "There's been an error" "load...
  9. Don't forget to join the Project Evilbane Pre-Alpha Playtest!

    in XboX Insiders
    Don't forget to join the Project Evilbane Pre-Alpha Playtest!: Don't forget to join the Project Evilbane Pre-Alpha Playtest as it's only available this weekend. Are you ready to hunt demons? Check the Xbox Insider Hub to join. The playtest is only available...
  10. I don't know where else to ask so here goes

    in XboX Insiders
    I don't know where else to ask so here goes: Currently i don't have a working phone number. I have enough reward points for a month of GamePass but I can't redeem them without a phone. I'm laid up for the next couple weeks and would like...