Don't always believe what you hear or read

Discus and support Don't always believe what you hear or read in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Sony has a price that will make consoles fly out of the stores, AAA wants that. AAA needs to sell well. this isnt about YOU its about the industry.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Uncle Rastas, Feb 20, 2014.

  1. Don't always believe what you hear or read


    Sony has a price that will make consoles fly out of the stores, AAA wants that. AAA needs to sell well.

    this isnt about YOU its about the industry. and thus helps consumers over all.

    Xbones are doing well in NA, overseas not so much. Sony has global apeal. If you get another wii u AAA will collaspe.

    Being ultra competitive is good for the biz. MS needs to make thier product more desirable outside NA. They took some steps yes. But sony is doing the heavy lifting.
     
    FrowardBee604, Feb 20, 2014
    #16
  2. I've always been an xbox fan so I course I hope things turn around for it, but MS and X1 have taken a lot of bruising since May 21st and though they are still in the fight, they have been quite battered. All this negative press has made a lot of people
    apprehensive to buy it. I don't go to any other forum than this, and I get most my information from right here, and the stuff I read here alone has made me come within an inch of buying a ps4 instead. I'm holding out a bit longer to see if the problems are
    resolved. But I think it makes perfect sense to me why sales are lagging. Negative press doesn't encourage people to drop $500+.
     
    BizarroMantis, Feb 20, 2014
    #17
  3. kingvas78
    kingvas78 Guest
    @Frow...... Since I am a consumer is about ME. You are basing your defence on a $100 price spread? This IS going to determine the console industry?? For the $100 more with X1 you get a top of the line web camera, with unlimited capabilities, also a
    total entertainment package, which is what myself as a CONSUMER wants!

    -

    The $100 is well justified with the X1 purchase.
     
    kingvas78, Feb 20, 2014
    #18
  4. Don't always believe what you hear or read

    Cosumers also want AAA games and sony is pushing hard and making this gen look desirable for devs like rockstar, and publishers alike
     
    FrowardBee604, Feb 20, 2014
    #19
  5. Wiggs
    Wiggs Guest
    As far as I know you're wrong Looney.

    The cost of the part of the PS4 are about $20 less than the market price. That exceptionally good. After shipping and all that, sure they don't break even....but I seriously doubt the X1 is in a better boat.

    I would like to see where you heard that.
     
    Wiggs, Feb 20, 2014
    #20
  6. kingvas78
    kingvas78 Guest
    @Frow..... MS is doing the exact same as Sony. They want satisfied customers who will buy there product. MS has a $100 higher price tag they have to battle (which, in my opinion is not a battle at all, but people get tunnel vision and only look at price,
    not at what they are receiving).

    -

    Atbthe end of the day gaming is a want, not a need.... cant afford it..... TS....
     
    kingvas78, Feb 20, 2014
    #21
  7. The fact remians, Sony is being far more competitive and they have seen better days.

    it depends how you look at it yes. MS is doing fine IMO both bring thins consumers want.

    Much as gg said Lose win win win. Its all perpective.
     
    FrowardBee604, Feb 20, 2014
    #22
  8. Don't always believe what you hear or read

    I can't believe some of the things I read on here, the fact that a direct competitor sells almost double the amount of hardware in the same time (with supply issues for ps4) that this is not going to have an effect on the future of the console is unbelievable.
    Plus exactly how many of the remaining countries for xbox to release in do you expect to sell enough to make up the numbers Microsoft need to seriously wake up
     
    jamie the gun, Feb 20, 2014
    #23
  9. THE PRIS0NER
    THE PRIS0NER Guest
    There's no denying that PS4 is outselling ONE... but both consoles are selling very well. Both broke sales records.

    I am lucky to have both and I say this honestly... my ONE is getting far more use at the moment. This will no doubt sway a little with Infamous coming out... but the TitanFall beta is insanely good and I'll be picking that up on day one.
     
    THE PRIS0NER, Feb 20, 2014
    #24
  10. Both are selling well, PS4 is selling better. I don't think the Xbox One is in trouble or will be in trouble. It may always be lagging behind in sales, but not enough to lose third party support. If the Xbox One stops hitting
    Microsoft's targets then Microsoft will do something about that.
     
    BHC Bluez n 2z, Feb 20, 2014
    #25
  11. Burst Axe
    Burst Axe Guest
    @Jamie Its as if you weren't around for the PS3 and 360 era.
     
    Burst Axe, Feb 20, 2014
    #26
  12. robnyack
    robnyack Guest
    Fact of the matter is overall MS stock surged less than 2weeks ago based almost solely on xb1 sales..... so that means at the very least the company is meeting sales expectations.

    -

    That fact seems to get lost instead just all this discussion of how the ps4 is currently selling better. It is possible to have 2 consoles and both sell well. From everything I've read tells me the xb1 is selling fine.
     
    robnyack, Feb 20, 2014
    #27
  13. Don't always believe what you hear or read

    lol so 1 store , sorry but my store has had over 28 in stock and we wont except any more because not 1 has sold in a week and a half ( major department store in Canada ) and best buy is trying to give deals now to get them out the door and the best I have
    seen in the mall I work at is a jewelry story that is giving them away if you buy a certain size ring with a diamond cut . So coming from a guy who owns all the consoles they are doing bad when compared to Sony but compared to the wii u they are killing .
    x1 3.9 million in stores not sold , ps4 6 million sold and you might as well add another 2 million in japan so ya compared to there competition there getting slammed .
     
    godslayer1975-4C3D808C-BE16-4849-8A4C-1649BAEEFBE6, Feb 20, 2014
    #28
  14. They also charge now for psn so make money that waylol
     
    MessiahBrowny, Feb 20, 2014
    #29
  15. be you all microsoft products sell more than all off sony's

    bet you microsoft are worth more than sony.

    wow list can go on so freaking what that sony have sold loads of consoles.jesus get over it and go and enjoy your consoles.sales will slow down after 12 months and swaps will be up or people will want to sell there console because they want the other.
     
    MessiahBrowny, Feb 20, 2014
    #30
Thema:

Don't always believe what you hear or read

Loading...
  1. Don't always believe what you hear or read - Similar Threads - Don't always believe

  2. My games filling with games I don't have access too

    in XboX Insiders
    My games filling with games I don't have access too: My "my games" list is filling with games the console thinks are available but I don't have the game pass tier or don't even own them. They aren't installed yet it gives me the option to uninstall...
  3. Games disappearing off my library and says I can't play a certain few games cause I don't...

    in XboX Insiders
    Games disappearing off my library and says I can't play a certain few games cause I don't...: I've noticed games diapering for a bit now and wanna know if it's happening to anyone else cause before it started happening I had like what 450 odd games earlier today I had 359 now it's at 360...
  4. Day One achievement, don't talk to support, achievement bug (urgent)badge case update

    in XboX Insiders
    Day One achievement, don't talk to support, achievement bug (urgent)badge case update: Don't talk to support! After speaking with them, they promised to resynchronize my account to try and resolve the badge issue, but to make matters worse, they blocked my achievement. It was...
  5. I don't remember Clippy being mentioned in the patch notes...

    in XboX Insiders
    I don't remember Clippy being mentioned in the patch notes...: After the recent update I now see clippy next to all my messages from Xbox. I suppose if they're bringing him back i can finally accept the death of Cortana assistant on console. Will not let me...
  6. I'd like to know why I don't have the Xbox Accessibility Insider badge?

    in XboX Insiders
    I'd like to know why I don't have the Xbox Accessibility Insider badge?: I am participating in the program submitted by /u/Vanila_Whitney [link] [comments]
  7. Why was my post removed? I don't understand...

    in XboX Insiders
    Why was my post removed? I don't understand...: Why was my post removed? I was asking for help? submitted by /u/Intelligent_Try_9485 [link] [comments]
  8. Series S problems don't know why it's happening

    in XboX Insiders
    Series S problems don't know why it's happening: Hi, I have problem that my full library won't load as well as Microsoft store In full library there's a circle spining for ever and in the store there's a message "There's been an error" "load...
  9. Don't forget to join the Project Evilbane Pre-Alpha Playtest!

    in XboX Insiders
    Don't forget to join the Project Evilbane Pre-Alpha Playtest!: Don't forget to join the Project Evilbane Pre-Alpha Playtest as it's only available this weekend. Are you ready to hunt demons? Check the Xbox Insider Hub to join. The playtest is only available...
  10. I don't know where else to ask so here goes

    in XboX Insiders
    I don't know where else to ask so here goes: Currently i don't have a working phone number. I have enough reward points for a month of GamePass but I can't redeem them without a phone. I'm laid up for the next couple weeks and would like...