Dolby Vision & HGiG stop responding on my TV connected to XBX SX

Discus and support Dolby Vision & HGiG stop responding on my TV connected to XBX SX in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have an intermittent problem with my XBX which is really starting to annoy me know and even being an IT Engineer I don’t have any answers to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Hefeydd, May 20, 2021.

1. Hefeydd
    Hefeydd Guest

Hello,

I have an intermittent problem with my XBX which is really starting to annoy me know and even being an IT Engineer I don’t have any answers to what is happening other than the fact their must be an issue with the OS or the firmware of the XBX because the PlayStation 5 I don’t have an issue with it only the XBX SX. Thankfully I’m one of many who was lucky enough to buy a 9th Gen console but the XBX SX has issues with my TV and even LG said they don’t know what is causing this to happen.

Summary of issues

Well, my TV is a new LG OLED55CX6LA and it has the latest firmware but now and then and only the XBX has this issue no other console only this one. The screen flickered halfway between the middle to and the same for the bottom and HGiG disappears from the menu the Game picture setting goes from Game HDR Mode to a standard Game Picture Setting if you look at the 4K settings for the XBX it now says your TV does not support Dolby Vision which was fine before the flicker. Now it says no Dolby Vision support for 4K, 60Hz,120Hz whereas before it was all green ticks.

HGiG keep disappearing from the menu and when that goes it’s when I know the picture is no longer working… What is HGiG it is Dynamic Tone Mapping and is important for gaming in your TV but when this disappears from the menu the picture goes very bright and is no longer controlled by Dynamic Tone Mapping or DTM for short. However, it has never removed any of the ticks from the 4K TV required features fro the XBX. That is something completely new altogether. I’ve spoken to LG and I spoke to a Technician and he said they have no reports of any issues like this therefore it has to be an issue with the console l. And I must say my other console doesn’t have any issues with HDMI it is only the XBX that has this problem.

HDMI 2.1 cables my cables are genuine HDMI cables they are also certified by HDMI as being genuine Ultra-High Speed HDMI cables I have swooped out 2 sets of HDMI 2.1 cables now and the same thing keeps happening… although the flicker is new that hasn’t happened before at all.

Why it is telling my my TV doesn’t support Dolby Vision when it is a Dolby Vision TV is bizarre because it was all ticked before and now Dolby Vision says that it isn’t supported how can that be when the TV that I have is both Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision.

Doesn’t make any sense other than there is either an issue with the OS or Firmware that is causing this to happen even I am scratching my head to what is happening here and I’m an IT and Electrical Engineer it’s really annoying because only the XBX has an issue with my TV the other one is fine why is that.

:)

Hefeydd, May 20, 2021
  2. Hefeydd Win User

I have been in touch with LG I’ve spoken to a Technician and he said we are not aware of any issues like this and he hasn’t seen any issues where all of the sudden Game Mode picture HGiG stops responding I am thr only customer he has spoken to with this problem. The firmware is up to date with the latest firmware and LG said the problem isn’t with their TV it is the XBX that is the problem . we know there is an issue with the HDMI 2.2 chipset on the XBX SX it is just an annoying intermittent problem that I am having. I’ve read were some have have a blank screen where thankfully mine isn’t doing this.

Like I said I have no issues with my other 9th Gen console only the XBX SX has an issue. The TV is compatible and thr added menu that Microsoft added your TV does not support 4K at 120Hz is utter BS because there is hardly any noticeable difference between 60Hz and 120Hz that added menu makes absolutely zero sense when the TV have VRR at 69Hz and 120Hz.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

No one who can answer that question reads or posts here

You should contact LG and make sure your TG is also updated
  4. Hefeydd Win User

Hello, please try resetting the console to refresh your system first How to reset your Xbox console to factory defaults | Xbox Support.
    I discovered something yesterday which I was not aware of because I have a busy job as an IT Engineer I don’t always have time to read Technology News and I wasn’t aware that the XBX SX has a bug with the Panasonic HDMI 2.1 Chipset and what I read yesterday answered all the problems I’ve been experiencing since March 2021 fell neatly into place and it answered a lot of my questions and the problems that I’ve been experiencing winch LG updated their firmware.

Microsoft has reportedly acknowledged there is a bug with XBX SX and that the bug is with the Panasonic HDMI 2.1 Chipset on their 9th Gen console but yet to have come up with a solution. Flashing the chipset which could be done via a firmware update for the XBX SX could be done.

The problem isn’t with my TV because my other 9th Gen console is working fine the problem is with the bug with the Panasonic HDMI 2.1 Chipset is the issue the problem now is what is Microsoft going to do about the problem which they have acknowledged there is an issues. However, if you own a Denon or a Marantz they have come up with a solution for free HDMI 2.1 Solution – SPK618 Adapter which sorts out the problems with the XBX SX HDMI problems as it is connected to a powered HDMI 2.1 AV Receiver which acts like a pass through receiver between your Xbox SX and your TV in one way it boosts the signal between your XBX SX and your TV. If you don’t own one of these Amplifiers then you’re fudged.

So the question is what is Microsoft going to do about this bug and will they flash the Panasonic HDMI 2.1 Chipset as part of a firmware update.
  5. XBF Meryem R Win User

6. Marcos Erro Young Win User

I have a problem with the HDR calibrator of my Xbox series x..

Yes my tv has everything for gaming ...game mode , dolby vision, hdr, hgig , allm, etc,etc......the only problem i have is with HDR app in the console, i have it set at 0, 700,700 nits manually pressing 4 shoulder buttons of the controler but i can still see the checker board step 2 a 3 i have to go all the way up too 1250 nits for the checkerboard to dissapear, too much for my tv......and yes, im using the original cable of the console and hgig.....i think the HDR calibrator doesnt work prppelly with the LG NANO90 with hgig and is supossed to be their top LCD 4k tv of 2020, its not cheap tv......allso everything is updated latest firmware, console XSX and TV but i allso read that happened when Dolby Vision was implemented in the Xbox, ive tried disabeled but makes no difference....thank you anyway
Thema:

1. Dolby Vision & HGiG stop responding on my TV connected to XBX SX - Similar Threads - Dolby Vision HGiG

2. Why Doesn't Dolby Vision Work With The Max App on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Doesn't Dolby Vision Work With The Max App on Xbox Series X?: I have an Xbox Series X, and Dolby Vision is supposedly supported when using the Max app. I have found, though, that movies or TV shows on Max that are supposed to support Dolby Vision simply do...
  3. Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024: For me, Atmos still has a 500 miliseconds delay and Dolby Vision for games just doesn't work, it only displays Dolby Vision content but none of the compatible games. What do we have to do to use...
  4. Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?: Does the Xbox series x support Dolby vision playback for the 4k blu ray disc movies ? not streaming capability I seem to be able to activate HDR but not Dolby vision for movie discs , is there a...
  5. How do I make Dolby vision become active on 4 k uhd disc play back even when allow box has...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I make Dolby vision become active on 4 k uhd disc play back even when allow box has...: Allow box has been ticked in settings and tv is capable but playback is only in HDR , fidelity is also in 30bit 46cab499-b1d8-449d-98ea-b0b349abd034
  6. HDR and Dolby Vision for Gaming no longer working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR and Dolby Vision for Gaming no longer working on Xbox Series X: So in january of 2023 I bought a brand new Hisense 65 inch 4k HDR (Dolby Vision) TV and a Xbox Series X (previously had a 4k non-HDR tv and a series S). I of course set up the HDR in all its glory...
  7. Why isn't Dolby Vision working anymore?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't Dolby Vision working anymore?: I have been playing in Dolby Vision 120hz for a while now with no issues at all. Today I was playing starfield and turned the console off. When I turned it back on all games playing at 120hz Dolby...
  8. Playback Error w/ Dolby Vision 8.1

in XboX Insiders
    Playback Error w/ Dolby Vision 8.1: Has anyone experienced a playback error with Dolby Vision 8.1 videos on the Movies & TV Xbox app. In the past, these videos would play in the normal HDR fallback since this app doesn't support...
  9. HGiG vs Dolby Vision

in XBoX on Windows
    HGiG vs Dolby Vision: I own an LG C2 and, after much research on the internet, I saw that rare games are native Dolby Vision. Many experts on the subject guided me to disable DV for Gaming and use HDR10/HGiG because DV...
  10. Dolby Vision Gaming vs HGiG

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Vision Gaming vs HGiG: I recently bought a TV with support for HGiG and Dolby Vision for gaming. After a long search on the internet, I saw that reviewers, YouTubers, users, etc., said that games that have native Dolby...