Dolby vision gaming Vs hdr10 gaming

Discus and support Dolby vision gaming Vs hdr10 gaming in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So we can use dolby vision gaming with the new alpha, 120htz doesn't bother me, I'll play 60htz but what I do want is THE best quality on my C9. Has... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Krazykev_, May 15, 2021.

1. /u/Krazykev_
    /u/Krazykev_ Guest

So we can use dolby vision gaming with the new alpha, 120htz doesn't bother me, I'll play 60htz but what I do want is THE best quality on my C9. Has anyone be able to do some decent testing to see if there is a advantage in picture quality with current games that are designed with HDR 10?

submitted by /u/Krazykev_
    [link] [comments]

/u/Krazykev_, May 15, 2021
  2. Nursemorph Win User

HDR vs HDR10 vs Dolby Digital vs VRR settings. What’s best for my Sony tv model x85k?

Personally, I just set my Xbox up and used whatever it recommended. This article is rather comprehensive on HDR vs HDR10+ vs Dolby Vision:

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/hdr10-vs-dolby-vision

VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) should be enabled as it stops screen tearing and stuttering.

As to 120Hz, that depends on the game...most games don't have a 120fps option when used on Xbox so the 120Hz is irrelevant. I initially had my Series X set for 120Hz when I first got it, despite the main game I played (Forza Horizon 5) being limited to 60fps...when I swtiched the TV to 60Hz as I added a capture card which only supports 60, it made no visible difference. You can always experiment with it...try games with it set at 120Hz and 60Hz, try changing in-game options etc
  3. BrianLeG Win User

4K TV 120HZ vs 60HZ for Gaming.

Frame rate(fps) and Hz are two different things! See https://www.cnet.com/news/ultra-hd-4k-tv-refresh-rates/ . It will explain well!

Make sure your 4K TV has HDR10! That is the standard for Xbox One X! Some have HDR, but use lower/old standard(HDR8). Dolby Vision has their own(HDR12)-HDR10+2(metadata), better but DV charges a fee! See...

https://www.cnet.com/news/hdr10-vs-dolby-vision-vs-hlg-how-do-hdr-formats-compare/

FYI!

I was looking at Samsung MU6300 until I saw above link. Now with prices dropping for 4KTV's I went with MU8000!!! LOVE IT!!! (looked at Sony XBR900E-has Dolby Vision)
  4. Shaggy2000 Win User

Dolby Vision Support for Xbox One X

Your right that Dolby Vision is better than HDR10, however the differences are marginal at best, and only true TV calibrators will be able to see the difference.

The reason Microsoft went with HDR10 and not Dolby Vision is that HDR10 is open, it doesn't cost anything to make a TV HDR10 compatible, all you have to do is meat the specifications and your good to go.

Dolby Vision on the other hand costs money, the vast majority of cheaper HDR TV's are going with HDR10 and only the more expensive "premium" TV's have Dolby Vision and HDR10.

On a side note, you may want to look at not getting an LG B7/C7 and using it with you soundbar, I've read loads of scare stories of people using these TV's with a soundbar and getting pretty bad lip synch issues, just a warning.
  5. Udder Discharge Win User

Xbox Series X Allow Dolby Vision/Dolby for Gaming and Allow Auto Low Latency Mode

Unless your going to fork over 1000s of dollars to get 1 of the 5 manufacturers that have 2.1. Dolby vision will not work with ALLM.

Performance of hdr10 is not relevant nor is ALLM.

Dolby vision does not work with ALLM. This is confirmed that this is by design. You choose between the higher fidelity of Dolby vision over Game mode ALLM.
  6. BrianLeG Win User

Xbox One X intermittently loses HDMI signal

X1X is ONLY HDR10 compatible!!! Dolby Vision(HDR12) is NOT supported!!!
Thema:

1. Dolby vision gaming Vs hdr10 gaming - Similar Threads - Dolby vision gaming

2. Why Doesn't Dolby Vision Work With The Max App on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Doesn't Dolby Vision Work With The Max App on Xbox Series X?: I have an Xbox Series X, and Dolby Vision is supposedly supported when using the Max app. I have found, though, that movies or TV shows on Max that are supposed to support Dolby Vision simply do...
  3. Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024: For me, Atmos still has a 500 miliseconds delay and Dolby Vision for games just doesn't work, it only displays Dolby Vision content but none of the compatible games. What do we have to do to use...
  4. Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?: Does the Xbox series x support Dolby vision playback for the 4k blu ray disc movies ? not streaming capability I seem to be able to activate HDR but not Dolby vision for movie discs , is there a...
  5. How do I make Dolby vision become active on 4 k uhd disc play back even when allow box has...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I make Dolby vision become active on 4 k uhd disc play back even when allow box has...: Allow box has been ticked in settings and tv is capable but playback is only in HDR , fidelity is also in 30bit 46cab499-b1d8-449d-98ea-b0b349abd034
  6. HDR and Dolby Vision for Gaming no longer working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR and Dolby Vision for Gaming no longer working on Xbox Series X: So in january of 2023 I bought a brand new Hisense 65 inch 4k HDR (Dolby Vision) TV and a Xbox Series X (previously had a 4k non-HDR tv and a series S). I of course set up the HDR in all its glory...
  7. Green/pixelated screen on game startup when Dolby vision is enabled

in XboX Insiders
    Green/pixelated screen on game startup when Dolby vision is enabled: I'm in Alpha Skip Ahead and cam confirm no hardware issues, but am either having no signal when enabling Dolby Vision, or periodically having games launch with a pixelate screen with a large green...
  8. Dolby Vision Gaming vs HGiG

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Vision Gaming vs HGiG: I recently bought a TV with support for HGiG and Dolby Vision for gaming. After a long search on the internet, I saw that reviewers, YouTubers, users, etc., said that games that have native Dolby...
  9. Dolby Vision Gaming 60 Hz issue Tv can 4k120Hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Vision Gaming 60 Hz issue Tv can 4k120Hz: Hello, I have a Xbox Issue. My issue is dolby vision gaming only on 60 Hz. If i select 4k 120 Hz and disable dolby vision gaming i have 120 Hz but with dvg i have only 60 Hz !! What to do I...
  10. XSX Dolby Vision Gaming issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XSX Dolby Vision Gaming issue: So I’ve been using Dolby Vision Gaming for awhile now but after i just got done playing BF2042 every time I try to play a game that uses Dolby Vision my screen glitches and never goes away but i...