Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024

Discus and support Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024 in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; For me, Atmos still has a 500 miliseconds delay and Dolby Vision for games just doesn't work, it only displays Dolby Vision content but none of the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/DJordydj, Feb 12, 2024.

1. /u/DJordydj
    /u/DJordydj Guest

For me, Atmos still has a 500 miliseconds delay and Dolby Vision for games just doesn't work, it only displays Dolby Vision content but none of the compatible games.
    What do we have to do to use the full specs of the console??? How much do we have to complain about it????
    It's non sense that PS5 just implemented Atmos and works flawlessly, but the Series S/X consoles which have had this option abailable since launch (ant its previous XBOX ONEs) have these issues.

It's been this way FOR YEARS, what are we suposed to do then??
    We've spent a lot, A LOT, of money on DOlby Vision TVs and in Dolby Atmos systems, just to see it just doesn't work in the console that claims CONSTANTLY how great games look in Dolby Vision and how amazing games and movies sound in Dolby Atmos.

One thing doesn't work, and the other has latency.

When the heck are the engineers gonna fix these issues that have been around since ever??????

Seriously I can't even think of any XBOX issue other than this. What are they doing??? We don't need a new UI, we don't need visual changes and tons of ads on our dashboard, and the complete dissapareance of our premade groups just to put a bunch of stupid Game Pass menus that ocupy the space we customized on the previous UI. We need to FIX tings, not to change stupid matters that didn't need to be changed in first place.

What do we have to do so that the engineers finally see this and fix the damn problem?????????
    It's been fully prooved it's not a problem of our TVs and Sound Systems, it's clearly a console firmware issue.

SOLVE THESE THINGS AND STOP CHANGING STUPID THINGS THAT NO ONE ASKED FOR.

IT'S BEEN MORE THAN 3 YEARS ALREADY.

submitted by /u/DJordydj
    [link] [comments]

/u/DJordydj, Feb 12, 2024
  2. GTOGreg Win User

Dolby Vision not working with Disney+ or Netflix w/Xbox Series X

Hello, I tried all three of these, and still do not see Dolby Vision enabled. I see Ultra 4k, HDR10, Dolby Atmos in Disney+ shows that should have DV. It still shows that Dolby Vision is supported in the video options, but is not showing in the apps.

Any help is appreciated!
  3. Avenge El Chapo Win User

Xbox Series X + Dolby Atmos = NO center channel

Hey so I will say, I have tested this with an HT-7000 as well as an LG S95QR, and the issue with centre channel audio/subwoofer not working is an issue exclusively with the Samsung soundbars.

I have an LG G2 OLED, and it’s e-Arc port might have changed if you have say a C1 or CX, but I have no issues with lipsync/audio delay on these TV’s when the tv settings, Xbox and soundbar settings are correct (lag is indistinguishable from 7.1 uncompressed). Sometimes it is a result of the TV though and it’s e-Arc port/processing, so the Sharc V2 by ThenAudio is a device that you would have to add if your still experiencing audio delay issues.

First thing of order though is getting a viable Atmos soundbar for Atmos gaming, which the Samsungs at the moment are not. From My understanding, there are different “types” of Dolby Atmos, just like there are different types of Dolby Vision (such as Low Latency Dolby Vision/LLDV, and regular Dolby Vision). The Q930B doesn’t support every Atmos format.

Last years Samsung soundbars had the same issue. They could use Dolby MAT (Blue Ray version of Dolby Atmos), and it wasn’t until the 2022 soundbars that they fixed this. Now, this years soundbars don’t support LPCM Atmos, or Dolby Mat 2.0. You can see this issue actually present on the soundbar, if you go into a non-Atmos game on your Xbox (when set to Dolby Atmos for Home Theatre), and you check the information on the soundbar it displays as “Multi-Channel PCM” rather than “Dolby Audio”. It’s an issue with the soundbars not supporting enough audio formats essentially, and it downconverts it to another channel, causing issues.
  4. BUSA1963 Win User

Dolby vision in the Netflix app

I have an LG oled c7 and watch netflix trough webOs .

By doing it this way you should get Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.

Microsoft will roll out an sofware update for netflix Dolby Vision shortly.

For the moment Dolby Vision is not supported on the Netflix app via Xbox.

I hope they also update the blu ray player shortly because there is much more content available on 4k uhd blu ray.
  5. kev edin Win User

Dolby Atmos App - When will it be updated

There are still known issues with the Dolby atmos app, and all it says is Dolby are aware of it and are working to fix it 🤔
  6. AndrewSalvat-vega Win User

Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision

Hi o all to be honest is not impossible to do Dolby Vision on all the Xboxone and the reason is very simple. The real benefit of Dolby Vision is that it doesn't need the new HDMI 2.0 standard to work. 'Regular' HDR10 signals do need
    HDMI 2.0, a standard that only the latest kit has. Because Dolby Vision can operate with HDMI 1.4, its potential applications are much greater, which is very good news. http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/140385-dolby-vision-is-now-available-as-a-software-update-to-upgrade-compatible-kit
Thema:

1. Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024 - Similar Threads - Dolby Vision Dolby

2. Why Doesn't Dolby Vision Work With The Max App on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Doesn't Dolby Vision Work With The Max App on Xbox Series X?: I have an Xbox Series X, and Dolby Vision is supposedly supported when using the Max app. I have found, though, that movies or TV shows on Max that are supposed to support Dolby Vision simply do...
  3. Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?: Does the Xbox series x support Dolby vision playback for the 4k blu ray disc movies ? not streaming capability I seem to be able to activate HDR but not Dolby vision for movie discs , is there a...
  4. How do I make Dolby vision become active on 4 k uhd disc play back even when allow box has...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I make Dolby vision become active on 4 k uhd disc play back even when allow box has...: Allow box has been ticked in settings and tv is capable but playback is only in HDR , fidelity is also in 30bit 46cab499-b1d8-449d-98ea-b0b349abd034
  5. HDR and Dolby Vision for Gaming no longer working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR and Dolby Vision for Gaming no longer working on Xbox Series X: So in january of 2023 I bought a brand new Hisense 65 inch 4k HDR (Dolby Vision) TV and a Xbox Series X (previously had a 4k non-HDR tv and a series S). I of course set up the HDR in all its glory...
  6. Why isn't Dolby Vision working anymore?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't Dolby Vision working anymore?: I have been playing in Dolby Vision 120hz for a while now with no issues at all. Today I was playing starfield and turned the console off. When I turned it back on all games playing at 120hz Dolby...
  7. Playback Error w/ Dolby Vision 8.1

in XboX Insiders
    Playback Error w/ Dolby Vision 8.1: Has anyone experienced a playback error with Dolby Vision 8.1 videos on the Movies & TV Xbox app. In the past, these videos would play in the normal HDR fallback since this app doesn't support...
  8. HGiG vs Dolby Vision

in XBoX on Windows
    HGiG vs Dolby Vision: I own an LG C2 and, after much research on the internet, I saw that rare games are native Dolby Vision. Many experts on the subject guided me to disable DV for Gaming and use HDR10/HGiG because DV...
  9. Dolby vision won't work what's changed?

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby vision won't work what's changed?: Beta insider. 3 hours ago every game using dolby vision on my lg c2 works fine. Come back to it now, NOTHING will boot up in dolby vision. Gets some green pile screen. Turn dv off, boots up. Any...
  10. Green/pixelated screen on game startup when Dolby vision is enabled

in XboX Insiders
    Green/pixelated screen on game startup when Dolby vision is enabled: I'm in Alpha Skip Ahead and cam confirm no hardware issues, but am either having no signal when enabling Dolby Vision, or periodically having games launch with a pixelate screen with a large green...