Dolby Digital Audio Delay

Discus and support Dolby Digital Audio Delay in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Team, Need help with a sound delay issue that I'm facing when selecting Dolby Digital on Xbox Series X. I'm using a TCL tv connected via HDMI 2.1.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by angadzinger, Jun 1, 2023.

1. angadzinger
    angadzinger Guest

Hi Team,

Need help with a sound delay issue that I'm facing when selecting Dolby Digital on Xbox Series X. I'm using a TCL tv connected via HDMI 2.1.

Stereo works fine, the moment I switch to Dolby it introduces a delay. I've seen too many people have this issue, but not solutions yet. Please advise, this is really breaking the whole experience of gaming on an Xbox.

Best,

Angad

:)

angadzinger, Jun 1, 2023
  2. CosmicCraze Win User

Im sorry if you're experiencing a delay in Dolby Digital audio on your Xbox, there are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check your TV's audio settings: Make sure that your TV is set to output audio in Dolby Digital format and that any sound enhancements or processing options are turned off.

2. Check your Xbox's audio settings: Make sure that your Xbox is set to output audio in Dolby Digital format and that any sound enhancements or processing options are turned off.

3. Reset your Xbox's audio settings: In the Xbox dashboard, go to Settings > Display & Sound > Audio Output. Select the option to "Reset Display & Sound."

4. Restart your Xbox: Sometimes, simply restarting your Xbox can resolve audio issues.

5. Use an optical cable for audio: If you're using HDMI cables to connect your Xbox to your TV, try using an optical cable instead. This can sometimes help reduce audio latency.

If none of these solutions work, it may be worth reaching out to Microsoft support for further assistance.
  3. angadzinger Win User

I am using a surround sound system, hence the Dolby digital query. Regarding it being a TCL problem, everything else works fine, but the moment you switch to Xbox for Dolby digital gaming, it introduces a voice delay, so it doesn't seem to be a TV issue.

Also, the tv does have a sound delay option, but even that isn't good enough to fix the problem completely.
  4. CosmicCraze Win User

Hello! Thanks for responding and letting me know the following suggestions didn't unfortunately work how we wanted them to, I would advise you to Contact Microsoft Support as they have a dedicated team for these types of Issues that you are having hopefully it will be fixed soon :)
  5. angadzinger Win User

Yeah, I've tried all this, and it doesn't work. Still the same issue.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

There's no reason to use Dolby Digital when not connected to a surround sound home theater system. 2 channel PCM is far higher quality to boot

TCl is a discount brand, and frequently doesn't include options like adjusting audio delay on the TV itself. They also tend to use low end hardware, that can introduce noticeable processing delays.

You'd have to consult your manual and their tech support for possible solutions. Please make sure your firmware is up to date as well.
Thema:

1. Dolby Digital Audio Delay - Similar Threads - Dolby Digital Audio

2. Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...

in XboX Insiders
    Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...: If i just use the tv volume the dolby atmos works perfectly. As soon as i engage qsymphony, the awful audio lag comes back. Even when sound only goes thru soundbar.. same audio LAG is there. I’ve...
  3. Why Doesn't Dolby Vision Work With The Max App on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Doesn't Dolby Vision Work With The Max App on Xbox Series X?: I have an Xbox Series X, and Dolby Vision is supposedly supported when using the Max app. I have found, though, that movies or TV shows on Max that are supposed to support Dolby Vision simply do...
  4. Why wont my Dolby access update

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont my Dolby access update: Hello. So whenever I try and update my dolby access app it will install the 2.54 MB but when finished it will say installation stopped and will repeatedly do this I have restarted my Xbox S hard...
  5. I am having a problem updating Dolby Access. It gives me the error 0x87e5002c. Can anyone...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am having a problem updating Dolby Access. It gives me the error 0x87e5002c. Can anyone...: I am having a problem updating Dolby Access. It gives me the error 0x87e5002c. Can anyone help me? Thanks. 72ed5c02-8478-488b-b57c-f7648f660063
  6. Dolby audio problems after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby audio problems after latest update: Alpha Ring — Dolby atmos and Dolby digital no longer works after the latest update. No audio from the system, games, movies or blu-ray when Dolby output selected. Anyone else having Dolby audio...
  7. Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!: My console downloaded the April update last night and now no matter what I do I can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X. A little annoying since A: it sounds better than windows sonic and B: I paid $20...
  8. Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue: I am having a problem with my setup. The TV and the Xbox One S detect each other perfectly for Dolby Atmos - and it shows the sign when it's on - but every two or so minutes, the sound cuts out...
  9. Dolby Atmos for headphones issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for headphones issue: Hi all, Recently bought the Microsoft Wireless Headset for my Series X . I paid for the for Dolby Atmos app but I am having an extremely annoying issue with the licence. It keeps advising that I...
  10. Need help with dolby digital audio

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with dolby digital audio: I bought a Xbox series S yesterday and I’m running into issues getting the audio to work. I use a Lovesac Stealthtech via e-ARC on my LG C2 tv. However I’m not getting any audio options other than...