Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X

Discus and support Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So as the title mentioned, dolby atmos suddenly stopped working on my xbox series x. Going into the settings, it still shows 'green tick' on dolby... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Pengwyney, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Pengwyney
    Pengwyney Guest

So as the title mentioned, dolby atmos suddenly stopped working on my xbox series x.

Going into the settings, it still shows 'green tick' on dolby atmos supported tv.

I have tested dolby atmos using my TV settings, and I can confirm it is still working.

Going back to my xbox, when I am doing the audio setup > studio uncompressed has sound, however once selected any dolby, it does not have any preview sound.

I have even tried to do a 'soft reset' but resetting all settings to factory while keeping my apps and setting it up as a 'new' device when it reboots.

Please understand that it has been working well and fine since I bought the xbox a month ago, and now it suddenly stopped working out of the blue.

I did not change any settings or meddle with anything.

And this is not app specific, i cannot even hear the home navigation sounds with dolby atmos selected.

I am now using my TV's dolby atmos processing for output while the xbox is using studio uncompressed. While its a temporary fix and still providing great sound, I want the xbox to be the sole controller of the processing because my TV isn't that capable.

Thanks!

:)

Pengwyney, Feb 12, 2024
  2. P Diggly Win User

Doby Atmos stopped working

I don't have a solution for you, unfortunately, but wanted you to know I'm having a very similiar issue. I have a Sony STR-DN1080 receiver and Dolby Atmos was working fine for over a year, then suddenly last weekend (at least that's when I noticed it), no
    more Atmos. I didn't have a freeze, but the Bitstream format reverted to DTS on its own and I get an error that the receiver doesn't support Atmos when I try to go back to the Atmos Bitstream format. I opened a similar thread yesterday:

Dolby Atmos Suddenly Stopped Working

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/dolby-atmos-suddenly-stopped-working/5f1c1487-681d-4150-b9b6-ec43a3e1ea13

I have the same Xbox OS version as you too.
  3. TimL1974 Win User

Netflix Not Outputting Dolby Atmos On Xbox One

I'm having the same issue. The program page says Atmos but my receiver is only getting a Dolby Surround signal (not DD+ which would indicate Atmos).

Not sure if its connected, but the Apple TV+ app on the Series X has also stopped outputting Atmos the last few months. So maybe its a more general Series X Atmos bug. Still works fine on Prime and Disney +.
  4. FlybyDutchman Win User

No dolby atmos when streaming

I have the problem that Netflix Dolby Atmos is not working with the x box S, if I try to play a series with Dolby Atmos, then Netflix give the text:

This title can not play try later?

Configuration is ok at the x box s and all other content without Dolby Atmos will play correct.

If someone have a solution?
  5. napalm 31337 Win User

Dolby Atmos on Xbox One X = issue !

Hi RomiDumitru,

*maybe* this "problem" is exactly how the Dolby Atmos App on Xbox One X works.

Dolby Atmos native content? perfect! Dolby Atmos playback.

No Dolby Atmos? the App upmix current audio track to Dolby Atmos (the headphones features works in this way).

I don't know if is intentional.
  6. AndriySemenyuk Win User

Netflix Not Outputting Dolby Atmos On Xbox One

I have had the same issue with Netflix and Apple TV (a few months), no Dolby Atmos, although there is a label Dolby Atmos at the title and chosen track with Dolby Atmos in the application. My AVR shows a PCM input signal for this application.

My setup is: Xbox Series X - Denon AVR X3700H - TV Samsung 75Q80T
Thema:

1. Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - Dolby Atmos suddenly

2. Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...

in XboX Insiders
    Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...: If i just use the tv volume the dolby atmos works perfectly. As soon as i engage qsymphony, the awful audio lag comes back. Even when sound only goes thru soundbar.. same audio LAG is there. I’ve...
  3. Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue: I am having a problem with my setup. The TV and the Xbox One S detect each other perfectly for Dolby Atmos - and it shows the sign when it's on - but every two or so minutes, the sound cuts out...
  4. Dolby Atmos for headphones issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for headphones issue: Hi all, Recently bought the Microsoft Wireless Headset for my Series X . I paid for the for Dolby Atmos app but I am having an extremely annoying issue with the licence. It keeps advising that I...
  5. Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV)

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV): i have Samsung HW-Q930C/ZF and Samsung QLED 4K 2019 65Q64R, my XBOX SERIES X not dettect option dolby atmos not appear submitted by /u/Zaborks [link] [comments]
  6. Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly: I was playing Inside and I notice that the upmixer only sends audio to the height channels, center and surround channels are blank with no audio. submitted by /u/jay23738 [link] [comments]
  7. Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?: Here's an example of one that's locked that I chimed in on. Over 16,000 people viewed and you STILL haven't acknowledged or resolved the issue. Which is ****....
  8. Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/08/digital-foundry-highlights-dolby-atmos-issues-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds Just curious if anyone knows whether this has actually been looked...
  9. Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024: For me, Atmos still has a 500 miliseconds delay and Dolby Vision for games just doesn't work, it only displays Dolby Vision content but none of the compatible games. What do we have to do to use...
  10. Any word at all on Dolby Atmos audio lag?

in XboX Insiders
    Any word at all on Dolby Atmos audio lag?: I posted on this some time ago so I thought I'd give the issue another bump. PlayStation since they implemented Dolby Atmos has had zero problems with audio lag either through receiver or earc...