Dolby Atmos sound latency problem still exists in XSX

Discus and support Dolby Atmos sound latency problem still exists in XSX in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Many users have been reporting noticable sound lag when using Dolby atmos feature via Dolby access app since XboxOne and it is the same case for XSX.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RogCc, Nov 14, 2020.

1. RogCc
    RogCc Guest

Many users have been reporting noticable sound lag when using Dolby atmos feature via Dolby access app since XboxOne and it is the same case for XSX. My XSX is directly connected to atmos supported soundbar Samsung hw-q90r, and soundbar connects to tv via
    e-arc. Tv is in game mode. Oddly DTS:X and DTS surround work just fine without much latency compared to uncompressed, but Dolby on the other hand creates irritating latency.

This issue has been raised by many users but yet no solution either from MS or Dolby.

Seeing DTS working fine I suspect it is Dolby who should be looking into this. But the problem is they blame you MS.

its already been some years now so please raise this issue to Dolby because they wouldnt listen to end users like us. Dolby atmos hometheater is pretty much broken now.

:)

RogCc, Nov 14, 2020
  2. nebeloc Win User

Another XSX Dolby Atmos sound delay post. . .

Thanks for your reply, but that has obviously not resolved the issue.

I've done a few tests regarding the apps.

When the CX has eARC on and Digital Sound out set to passthrough and Allow Passthrough setting is ticked on the XSX, the sound bar is not recognised as an atmos capable device, but Netflix, Disney+, blu-ray player and the Dolby Access app all send atmos signal to the soundbar with no noticeable delay. No atmos sound in the XSX menu or in games is able to be played only the other sound format (not DTS-X though).

When the CX has eARC turned off and digital sound out set to passthrough the XSX recognises the soundbar as a Dolby Atmos capable device. The soundbar then receives atmos audio, however delays are now introduced in everthing mentioned above apart from the Dolby Atmos app. The sound delay in this situation, seems not as bad as when the the CX has digital sound out set to auto.

When the CX has eARC turned on and digital sound out set to auto the XSX recognises the soundbar as a Dolby Atmos capable device, however everything has a delay introduced. Strangely Netflix and the bluray app seemed the least affected, but the Dolby Access app and Disney+ it was quite noticeable and in games it was worst.
  3. BrianOh_79 Win User

Another XSX Dolby Atmos sound delay post. . .

I'm using XSX & Jbl Bar 9.1.

Dolby Atmos gaming have Lag definitely compare with DTS, Lpcm 5.1&7.1.

So I don't use Dolby Atmos with XSX despite of my SYSTEM.
  4. RomiDumitru Win User

Dolby Atmos audio from Xbox One is delayed

Hi

I have the same problem like you. I have an Xbox One X connected through HDMI cable to an Onkyo amplituner 7.1 which is capable to decode Dolby Atmos & DTS X.

I have installed Dolby app on my Xbox to get Dolby atmos sound and the result was that I have on all the games no matter if these are with sound in Dolby Atmos or not only in Dolby Atmos.

Is very strange to get that. I have supposed that when I buy a game with sound in Dolby Digital 5.1 to have Dolby Digital 5.1 and when I buy games in Dolby Atmos to get Dolby Atmos in my amplituner Onkyo.

The same problem I have with all the movies from Netflix. I installed the Netflix app on my Xbox One X and now all the movies I see have sound in Dolby Atmos, even if in the name of the movie on Netflix it is said the sound is recorded only in Dolby Digital

What to do in that situation ?......I have tried every settings on my Xbox without any result.......When I put settings on output sound in Xbox everything I played is all in Atmos.

Like you said: "We don't need everything to be upscaled to Atmos, we just want Atmos to work on stuff that is Atmos as it should!"

Thanks in advance for everybody give me every piece of advice

Romeo.
  5. kev edin Win User

What will happen if you use dobly atmos to the games that doesnt support?

the sound system should be able to play anything ok . For some reason my dolby atmos system shows everything in dolby atmos. No problem with sound if not. It must just automatically drop to what it is 5.1 etc. 🤔
  6. Craig Marshall (crai Win User

Xbox One S - Dolby Atmos not working

Yes - i have dolby atmos selected. no sound at all. If i switch to dolby digital to DTS I get sound no problem.
Thema:

1. Dolby Atmos sound latency problem still exists in XSX - Similar Threads - Dolby Atmos sound

2. Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...

in XboX Insiders
    Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...: If i just use the tv volume the dolby atmos works perfectly. As soon as i engage qsymphony, the awful audio lag comes back. Even when sound only goes thru soundbar.. same audio LAG is there. I’ve...
  3. Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue: I am having a problem with my setup. The TV and the Xbox One S detect each other perfectly for Dolby Atmos - and it shows the sign when it's on - but every two or so minutes, the sound cuts out...
  4. Dolby Atmos for headphones issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for headphones issue: Hi all, Recently bought the Microsoft Wireless Headset for my Series X . I paid for the for Dolby Atmos app but I am having an extremely annoying issue with the licence. It keeps advising that I...
  5. Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV)

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV): i have Samsung HW-Q930C/ZF and Samsung QLED 4K 2019 65Q64R, my XBOX SERIES X not dettect option dolby atmos not appear submitted by /u/Zaborks [link] [comments]
  6. Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly: I was playing Inside and I notice that the upmixer only sends audio to the height channels, center and surround channels are blank with no audio. submitted by /u/jay23738 [link] [comments]
  7. Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?: Here's an example of one that's locked that I chimed in on. Over 16,000 people viewed and you STILL haven't acknowledged or resolved the issue. Which is ****....
  8. Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/08/digital-foundry-highlights-dolby-atmos-issues-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds Just curious if anyone knows whether this has actually been looked...
  9. Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024: For me, Atmos still has a 500 miliseconds delay and Dolby Vision for games just doesn't work, it only displays Dolby Vision content but none of the compatible games. What do we have to do to use...
  10. Dolby Atmos sound issues using a soundbar with HDMI/ARC pass through?

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos sound issues using a soundbar with HDMI/ARC pass through?: I have a dolby atmos soundbar linked up to my xbox using the HDMI/ARC so it is hooked up correctly I've tried to switch the cable round just to make sure like using the opposite ends, for some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xsx atmos dely