Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV)

Discus and support Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; i have Samsung HW-Q930C/ZF and Samsung QLED 4K 2019 65Q64R, my XBOX SERIES X not dettect option dolby atmos not appear submitted by /u/Zaborks... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Zaborks, Mar 8, 2024.

1. /u/Zaborks
    /u/Zaborks Guest

i have Samsung HW-Q930C/ZF and Samsung QLED 4K 2019 65Q64R, my XBOX SERIES X not dettect option dolby atmos not appear

submitted by /u/Zaborks
    [link] [comments]

/u/Zaborks, Mar 8, 2024
  2. killkuter Win User

Another XSX Dolby Atmos sound delay post. . .

After a lot of test, to solve it i plug xbox on my lg cx with option sync AV arc bypass and activate earc with my denon 1600h.

If earc is off there is a big audio delay but my denon receive an atmos emulated (pcm) for all game, If earc on no delay atmos OK on halo, forza etc... But no atmos on ubisoft game same as farcry 6.

Ubisoft game not really atmos but a dolby 7.1 sound ?

My conclusion If xbox use dolby atmos emulation or no earc there is a delay, if earc activate no delay but only atmos with game compatible
  3. KMORE94 Win User

Xbox One X: Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) support

Thanks for the response. That’s along the lines of what I was thinking (the xbox not needing to support eARC). This would mean the current issue I am experiencing is caused by my TV not properly passing through the audio of the Xbox.

From what I’ve seen, the higher bandwidth of eARC is required to pass through full, uncompressed Dolby Atmos with no A/V sync issues. I am currently having an issue where the audio from the Xbox is lagging behind the video whenever I play a game with Dolby
    Atmos enabled. Ex: I fire a shot in Call of Duty and the sound has a delay. Just wondering if its my TV having a software issue or if its the Xbox.

My current console setup is:

Xbox plugged directly into my TV (2019 LG C9 OLED, which supports eARC and Dolby Atmos). All of the ports on the TV support HDMI 2.1 features (eARC, ALLM, VRR/FreeSync, etc...)

I have my sound bar (Sony Z9F, which also supports eARC and Dolby Atmos) plugged directly into the TV.

The Xbox and sound bar are both connected to the TV via Ultra High Speed HDMI cables that support eARC.
  4. AttiKovacs Win User

Dolby Atmos and 4K

Thank you for replying.

LG 65 inch OLED C9.

Soundbar Samsung HW 950. Both support Dolby Atmos.

Currently, the console is plugged into the TV via HDMI. Then the soundbar receives the sound via eARC.

Apple TV is configured the same way. Dolby Atmos works fine.

TV configured at 60 HZ, 30 bits per pixel.

I am not part of the Insiders Program, would it be worth enrolling?

4K HDMI cable, the same type of cable to Apple TV. Dolby Atmos works just fine.

Cheers.
  5. AttiKovacs Win User

Dolby Atmos and 4K

Thank you for replying.

LG 65 inch OLED C9.

Currently, the console is plugged into the TV via HDMI. Then the soundbar receives the sound via eARC.

Cheers.
  6. AttiKovacs Win User

Dolby Atmos and 4K

Thank you for replying.

LG 65 inch OLED C9.

Cheers.
Thema:

1. Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV) - Similar Threads - Dolby Atmos detecting

2. Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...

in XboX Insiders
    Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...: If i just use the tv volume the dolby atmos works perfectly. As soon as i engage qsymphony, the awful audio lag comes back. Even when sound only goes thru soundbar.. same audio LAG is there. I’ve...
  3. Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue: I am having a problem with my setup. The TV and the Xbox One S detect each other perfectly for Dolby Atmos - and it shows the sign when it's on - but every two or so minutes, the sound cuts out...
  4. Dolby Atmos for headphones issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for headphones issue: Hi all, Recently bought the Microsoft Wireless Headset for my Series X . I paid for the for Dolby Atmos app but I am having an extremely annoying issue with the licence. It keeps advising that I...
  5. Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly: I was playing Inside and I notice that the upmixer only sends audio to the height channels, center and surround channels are blank with no audio. submitted by /u/jay23738 [link] [comments]
  6. Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?: Here's an example of one that's locked that I chimed in on. Over 16,000 people viewed and you STILL haven't acknowledged or resolved the issue. Which is ****....
  7. Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/08/digital-foundry-highlights-dolby-atmos-issues-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds Just curious if anyone knows whether this has actually been looked...
  8. Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024: For me, Atmos still has a 500 miliseconds delay and Dolby Vision for games just doesn't work, it only displays Dolby Vision content but none of the compatible games. What do we have to do to use...
  9. Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X: So as the title mentioned, dolby atmos suddenly stopped working on my xbox series x. Going into the settings, it still shows 'green tick' on dolby atmos supported tv. I have tested dolby atmos...
  10. Any word at all on Dolby Atmos audio lag?

in XboX Insiders
    Any word at all on Dolby Atmos audio lag?: I posted on this some time ago so I thought I'd give the issue another bump. PlayStation since they implemented Dolby Atmos has had zero problems with audio lag either through receiver or earc...