Dolby Atmos Issue (Series X Rear Channels)

Discus and support Dolby Atmos Issue (Series X Rear Channels) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Something has changed with Dolby Atmos on my Series X. The test tone plays fine, Atmos films and native Atmos games play fine, but anything that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Rowns, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Rowns
    Rowns Guest

Something has changed with Dolby Atmos on my Series X.

The test tone plays fine, Atmos films and native Atmos games play fine, but anything that isn't native Atmos (where the app/Xbox is upscaling) has lost the rear centre sound. I know there isn't a rear centre channel as such, but if you pan the camera in a first person game, normally it smoothly moves the sound from the rear left to rear right with no loss of sound in the middle of the rears, that is no longer happening with Dolby Atmos enabled.

The past week or more I've noticed it now cuts out really sharply from rear left to rear right with nothing in between the two rears. I have tested it on multiple titles with the same issue. If I change the audio to uncompressed 7.1 or Dolby Digital, it works fine. I even tested Dolby Atmos on PS5, and the games/sound work fine, so the issue is something to do with how Dolby Atmos is processing the audio channels on Xbox for non native Atmos games.

Can you please escalate this?

Thanks

Matt

:)

Rowns, Jan 11, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Center Channel Audio has vanished

3. The_Rebel_Dons Win User

Netflix Not Outputting Dolby Atmos On Xbox One

I have the same problem on Xbox X and XBox One. I’m using the Denon AVR-X 2700H 7.2 channel Dolby Atmos receiver with the XBox X, and the Yamaha RXV-6A 7.2 channel Dolby Atmos receiver with the Xbox One. Both receivers were working normally outputting Atmos on Netflix until November 2022. Disney+ and Amazon Prime play Atmos content on both devices without issue, hence indicating that the problem is not with the 4K TV and 4K projector, nor receivers.
  4. ChrisShivers1 Win User

Xbox Series X November Update broken sound.

By chance do you have a Dolby Atmos setup? Also, I have those settings to choose from as well, BUT this original issue still remains. The center channel still doesn’t play properly (in Dolby Atmos).

As an update to all reading this, or more of a verification that MSFT messed something up. I just upgraded to an Apple TV 4K device two days ago. I can literally jump between it and Xbox series X running the exact YouTube video, and can completely confirm the lack of center channel audio using the series X.

Anyway, with the new update coming that will allow us to literally test our individual setups, I’m kinda looking forward to the flood of complaints MSFT is about to get. It’ll be unavoidable (IMO) for them to ignore this major issue.

My setup for anyone with questions:

LG C9 65”

Xbox Series X

Denon 8500HA (Reference)

15 speakers in a 7.2.6 Dolby Atmos configuration.

Apple TV 4K (which has resolved all my streaming issues, games obviously still have center channel issues).

200+ Mb internet.
  5. AndriySemenyuk Win User

Netflix Not Outputting Dolby Atmos On Xbox One

I have had the same issue with Netflix and Apple TV (a few months), no Dolby Atmos, although there is a label Dolby Atmos at the title and chosen track with Dolby Atmos in the application. My AVR shows a PCM input signal for this application.

My setup is: Xbox Series X - Denon AVR X3700H - TV Samsung 75Q80T
  6. Matthew-H Win User

Dolby Atmos not working on the Disney plus app on Xbox

I have a Samsung Sound Bar with Dolby Atmos. All works fine on the Xbox One X with Netflix, Amazon Prime, gaming and the Dolby Atmos app. Doesn't work with the Disney Plus app though. Sound isn't coming through the rear speakers and sounds very ordinary.
    I go and do the Atmos tests and demos on the Dolby Atmos Xbox app and they work and sound awesome.

I've googled around and apparently lots of people are having the same issue with the app. Hope they fix it soon as I was planning on watching the Star Wars trilogy in 4K and Atmos. I'll wait until they fix it.
Thema:

1. Dolby Atmos Issue (Series X Rear Channels) - Similar Threads - Dolby Atmos Issue

2. Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...

in XboX Insiders
    Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...: If i just use the tv volume the dolby atmos works perfectly. As soon as i engage qsymphony, the awful audio lag comes back. Even when sound only goes thru soundbar.. same audio LAG is there. I’ve...
  3. Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue: I am having a problem with my setup. The TV and the Xbox One S detect each other perfectly for Dolby Atmos - and it shows the sign when it's on - but every two or so minutes, the sound cuts out...
  4. Dolby Atmos for headphones issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for headphones issue: Hi all, Recently bought the Microsoft Wireless Headset for my Series X . I paid for the for Dolby Atmos app but I am having an extremely annoying issue with the licence. It keeps advising that I...
  5. Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV)

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV): i have Samsung HW-Q930C/ZF and Samsung QLED 4K 2019 65Q64R, my XBOX SERIES X not dettect option dolby atmos not appear submitted by /u/Zaborks [link] [comments]
  6. Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly: I was playing Inside and I notice that the upmixer only sends audio to the height channels, center and surround channels are blank with no audio. submitted by /u/jay23738 [link] [comments]
  7. Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024: For me, Atmos still has a 500 miliseconds delay and Dolby Vision for games just doesn't work, it only displays Dolby Vision content but none of the compatible games. What do we have to do to use...
  8. Dolby atmos issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby atmos issues: I have been using Dolby atmos on my Xbox for a few years now. Just this past week I have ran into issues. Randomly my audio will cut out for about 2 seconds then switch to windows sonic. When I go...
  9. Dolby Atmos sound issues using a soundbar with HDMI/ARC pass through?

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos sound issues using a soundbar with HDMI/ARC pass through?: I have a dolby atmos soundbar linked up to my xbox using the HDMI/ARC so it is hooked up correctly I've tried to switch the cable round just to make sure like using the opposite ends, for some...
  10. Dolby Atmos and DTS issues Xbox 1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos and DTS issues Xbox 1: I was playing Call of Duty MW2 this evening (May 3, 2023) and everything worked fine. Then it stopped. I uninstalled the apps, reinstalled them, restarted my xbox a few times, but the key issue...