Dolby Atmos app keeps turning off and resetting on Xbox One X (cont. from an unresolved &...

Discus and support Dolby Atmos app keeps turning off and resetting on Xbox One X (cont. from an unresolved &... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So since the previous thread was closed and left "unresolved" by "Brad", I have opened a continuation to that problem here. My setup: XBOX One X with... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BirdKiller, May 1, 2020.

1. BirdKiller
    BirdKiller Guest

Dolby Atmos app keeps turning off and resetting on Xbox One X (cont. from an unresolved &...

So since the previous thread was closed and left "unresolved" by "Brad", I have opened a continuation to that problem here.

My setup: XBOX One X with Plantronics Rig500 Pro headphones ( connected to controller)

I too have been having the same "glitch" as many of the previous people have had with the Dolby Atmos app on my XBOX One X resetting upon a restart of my console.; however, most/if not all of them were either using a soundbar or receiver as their sound output.

This problem has been ongoing for the last couple of months meow, so...

1. it "could be" something that has changed since the latest or prior UI updates for the console by Microsoft or

2. maybe changes with/to the Dolby Atmos app itself.

I have tried several ways of powering up console with the headphones still plugged into the controller, and it does not change this problem nor do I disconnect them from the controller before I "powerdown" the console

I would love to hear from Microsoft/XBOX Support on a "resolve" for this other than the previously mentioned and failed solve of: "Factory reset of console" (several users tried that and posted that it DID NOT solve this issue).

:)

BirdKiller, May 1, 2020
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Dolby Atmos app keeps turning off and resetting on Xbox One X (cont. from an unresolved & closed thread)

Hello Bird,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you have issues with Dolby Atmos settings. The only thing we have on Dolby is the

guide found on support
    . As Rig is not an official Xbox headset have you reached out to them as to see if there any changes? With most third party headsets when updates come to Xbox, quite a few have issues as they are not updated with the OS on the console.
    Due to they are third party. When this does it again, be on the screen where it shows it switching back. If you have the insider hub installed
    hold the guide button and instead of turning off console go to report a problem. Do this in the dolby settings where you see it changes back.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. Waidfrau Win User

Dolby Atmos app keeps turning off and resetting on Xbox One X (cont. from an unresolved & closed thread)

After everything worked for a couple of days my console received another update (10.0.19041.2493) and the problems with Dolby Atmos are back!
  4. TonyG28 Win User

I have noticed a similar issue to ones in this thread as well as the "closed and unresolved" thread.

Start xbox one x and sound has been reset to pcm 7.1 uncompressed. I select bitstream then atmos for home theater. At this point it reverts to dts and says I need to install the dolby access app. This is already installed. I have to now go to the app store
    where I'm presented with "launch" (because it is already installed) and launch the app and let it get to the point where it asks if I want to purchase dolby access for headphones (I don't. I use an av receiver with a 5.2.1 speaker set up) I can now close dolby
    access, go back to the sound settings and select atmos for home theater. This happens every time I boot the console and is most annoying. This is not an issue with the av receiver. It is clearly an issue with the xbox one x and / or the dolby access app. All
    the resets and boot order suggestions are not going to fix this. The only fix for this needs to come from Microsoft or Dolby. Can this please be looked into as a matter of urgency.
    Update: I have discovered that if I just run the dolby access app and then go back to the home screen when I boot the console that atmos is then enabled. Still not ideal. It seems that the console constantly "forgets" that the app is installed?
  5. NeedABeer2Play Win User

I experience the same problem with my Onkyo AV Receiver, so the problem isnt limites to off-list headsets.
  6. BirdKiller Win User

Thanks for such a quick reply back.

I looked at the Dolby Atmos app guide you suggested and read a couple of the latest posts from others, and it appears that 2 other people have been having this same issue over the past couple months ( based of their reviews). So, I may have to guess that
    it could be that the app could be not functioning like it used to prior to the latest console UI update as well as updating my Rig headphones. I have contacted NACON support (new company for Plantronics) to see if I get a response and or fix for this as well
    from them.

I will post the response, if any from them as far as solution here.
Thema:

1. Dolby Atmos app keeps turning off and resetting on Xbox One X (cont. from an unresolved &... - Similar Threads - Dolby Atmos app

2. Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...

in XboX Insiders
    Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...: If i just use the tv volume the dolby atmos works perfectly. As soon as i engage qsymphony, the awful audio lag comes back. Even when sound only goes thru soundbar.. same audio LAG is there. I’ve...
  3. Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue: I am having a problem with my setup. The TV and the Xbox One S detect each other perfectly for Dolby Atmos - and it shows the sign when it's on - but every two or so minutes, the sound cuts out...
  4. Dolby Atmos for headphones issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for headphones issue: Hi all, Recently bought the Microsoft Wireless Headset for my Series X . I paid for the for Dolby Atmos app but I am having an extremely annoying issue with the licence. It keeps advising that I...
  5. Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV)

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV): i have Samsung HW-Q930C/ZF and Samsung QLED 4K 2019 65Q64R, my XBOX SERIES X not dettect option dolby atmos not appear submitted by /u/Zaborks [link] [comments]
  6. Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly: I was playing Inside and I notice that the upmixer only sends audio to the height channels, center and surround channels are blank with no audio. submitted by /u/jay23738 [link] [comments]
  7. Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?: Here's an example of one that's locked that I chimed in on. Over 16,000 people viewed and you STILL haven't acknowledged or resolved the issue. Which is ****....
  8. Windows 11 Dolby Atmos app with Xbox Controller 3.5mm headphones stuttering in games only

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Dolby Atmos app with Xbox Controller 3.5mm headphones stuttering in games only: Windows 11 Xbox Controller connected via the xbox wireless adapter Headset connected via the controller's 3.5mm jack Dolby Atmos enabled for headphones There is audio stuttering in visually...
  9. How do I know if my headset has dolby atmos and how do I connect it to the app on my xbox....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I know if my headset has dolby atmos and how do I connect it to the app on my xbox....: How do I know if my headset has dolby atmos and how do I connect it to the app on my xbox. Or how do I cancel the free trial? I think my headset had dolby atmos included but the dolby app isn't...
  10. I have just purchased Dolby Atmos when I go to settings in the Dolby. App I can't see my my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have just purchased Dolby Atmos when I go to settings in the Dolby. App I can't see my my...: I have just purchased Dolby Atmos when I go to settings in the Dolby. App I can't see my my Xbox headset in the top right corner.any help would be appreciated 8674c8d1-b744-4818-a7a8-6750f7d5b9a8