doesn't see ms-xbl-multiplayer protocol in setting, how can I add it

Discus and support doesn't see ms-xbl-multiplayer protocol in setting, how can I add it in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I was trying to play The Ascent with my friends this morning, I got it on steam and my friend got it from xgp. I linked my steam account... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by 行云织梦, Apr 26, 2023.

1. 行云织梦
    行云织梦 Guest

Hi everyone, I was trying to play The Ascent with my friends this morning, I got it on steam and my friend got it from xgp. I linked my steam account to my xbox account and downloaded the newest xbox app, but everytime I try to join his game, the system keep prompts need an app to open ms-xbl-multiplayer link. So I did another clean install both on MS store and xbox app. However the problem still presist and I cannot find this protocol listed in the setting for me to set use xbox open this protocol. So I am wondering is there any way to add this protocol manually to the setting?

PS: the following is my sys info:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045
    System Name DESKTOP-QHK94RC
    System Manufacturer EUROCOM
    System Model SKY X7C
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1.07.29, 01/03/2020
    BIOS Mode UEFI
    BaseBoard Manufacturer EUROCOM
    BaseBoard Product SKY X7C
    Platform Role Mobile
    Secure Boot State Off
    Locale China
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 64.0 GB

:)

行云织梦, Apr 26, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

"This support request will be handled in English"

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Welcome to the community.

Hello 行云织梦 , have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 22H2?

See which version of Windows 10/11 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates are often seen as optional.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update, and make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.
  3. Wille M. Win User

Hi 行云织梦

I answered a thread these days where we identified that for it to work, it is necessary to have at least one Xbox application open in the background.

Take a look:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

Note: It's important to note the points I recommended in my first and second answers from the same thread.

Hoping that everything works out for the best.

I hope I helped you. Hugs!
  4. 行云织梦 Win User

Hi Yuri Nk.

I do installed the latest win 10 version (22h2), and Xbox App, Xbox Companion App, and Xbox Game bar are all installed

And the only two protocol that affix with "ms-xbl-" are following two:

[​IMG]

Leo
  5. 行云织梦 Win User

And the prompt even don't have MS Store as an option to choose, EX:

[​IMG]
  6. iBakez Win User

Impossible to use live with WPA2-AES?

wired connection will work without issue, its the wifi protocol XBL doesn't like
Thema:

1. doesn't see ms-xbl-multiplayer protocol in setting, how can I add it - Similar Threads - doesn't xbl multiplayer

2. My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10: It doesn't search on xbox and search bar either 385e9ce1-294e-4976-bfe9-6256c1cc3c49
  3. Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive: 为什么xbox不开放第三方存储卡,官方存储卡太贵了。PS可以使用任何SSD,深受游戏玩家的好评。 submitted by /u/Sure_Government_4353 [link] [comments]
  4. Mic doesn't work in Xbox PC Party Chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic doesn't work in Xbox PC Party Chat: I am using my PC and have been using this xbox widget thing for 2 years now. Once I got my new headset I could be heard perfectly in xbox parties except for an echo and the other party members...
  5. Why doesn't the xbox app pick up my eternal HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't the xbox app pick up my eternal HDD: I just got a xbox series s, I plugged in my 2TB and formatted it like the console told me too, I pick it up on the xbox, I can download onto it, but the xbox app doesn't pick it up. At all. Why?...
  6. IA gaming language. I knows a lot of people doesn't buy and play games in the reason of...

in XboX Insiders
    IA gaming language. I knows a lot of people doesn't buy and play games in the reason of...: With IA you can translate audio in every language of the world. This feature, as you can understood, Is essential for gamers and developer and could be added as a accessibility setting, or instead...
  7. It says that it has a perfect internet connection but it doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    It says that it has a perfect internet connection but it doesn't work: For a few days I've wanted to download Fallout 4 on my Xbox so I went and turned on my Xbox to get on the Microsoft store but when I turned it on it acted like there was no internet even though...
  8. Paid for a game and had card charged, but XBL doesn't think it was bought(?)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Paid for a game and had card charged, but XBL doesn't think it was bought(?): Hey guys, I just bought a game on sale (I paid for it, and my credit card has been charged), but on the marketplace screen that displays the game still only says the cost of the game, and the game...
  9. Game Recognizes Achievement as unlocked but XBL doesn't

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Recognizes Achievement as unlocked but XBL doesn't: I can't get the achievement 'Humanist' to unlock in Dead Rising (Xbox One Version). You're supposed to get it after saving 10 survivors. I think I know why it glitched out though. I did 1 thing...
  10. [Help] Just bought XBL Gold and Xbox doesn't recognize it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    [Help] Just bought XBL Gold and Xbox doesn't recognize it.: So just yesterday I bought a monthly subscription Xbox Live Gold through my computer. I then got on my Xbox One. Usually there isn't a delay in the Xbox recognizing Xbox Live Gold, and if there...