Does Xbox to pc remote play work with a ps4 controller?

Discus and support Does Xbox to pc remote play work with a ps4 controller? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have a ps4 controller and im trying to stream my xbox to my pc, but i only have a ps4 controller. I know on mobile i can connect my controller to my... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Dry_Assignment_3234, Jul 26, 2024.

1. Does Xbox to pc remote play work with a ps4 controller?

I have a ps4 controller and im trying to stream my xbox to my pc, but i only have a ps4 controller. I know on mobile i can connect my controller to my phone and then when i go on remote play it lets me use my ps4 controller, but i have tried it on my pc and it doesnt seem to work. Is there any third party software that would make it work. I use ds4 windows when trying with my controller and i could control the xbox app on the pc but when i launched remote play it stopped working completely. (I dont have an xbox controller)

submitted by /u/Dry_Assignment_3234
    [link] [comments]

/u/Dry_Assignment_3234, Jul 26, 2024
  2. Victormendoza62 Win User

Lack of Remote Play Feature?

Definitely a feature that should be added. People play xbox one remotely using an nvidia shield portable. I have my nvidia shield portable to play my pc games remotely and my ps vita to play my ps4 remotely. If a game comes out for ps4 and pc and xbox
    one...I usually buy it for ps4 or pc due to my ability to play them remotely. I only buy exclusive xbox one games for the xbox one. With traveling for work, family taking over the tv; I am forced to play on other screens. I think I read somewhere though,
    that the smart glass app will stream your tv channel...hopefully this is the beginning of streaming xbox one games to your computer, ios or android device.

Here is the link to play xbox remotely.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/621638/general-discussion/-solved-playing-xbox-360-or-ps3-on-the-nvidia-shield/

Too complicated for me to set it up but others have. Hopefully microsoft does something official.
  3. jameson knott Win User

Joysticks and triggers not working on remote play. How do I fix this? I'm using a 5g OnePlus Nord n200.

I tried on a separate phone with the same issue. When I test the remote play on the Xbox everything is green. I've tried with 4 different controllers all the same symptoms. All the buttons work fine up to the point I launch remote play. I've tried Bluetooth and USB, same results. I have two Xbox one s controllers and two plug and play controllers specifically for Android and Xbox verified. The controllers work perfect on the Xbox and PC.
  4. j b8 Win User

Series X remote play issue with Cyberpunk 2077

Same issue, not resolved just given up hope like the rest :(

Edit: read in another forum switching to a PS4 controller fixes. Unfortunately cannot confirm. Tried a elite controller instead and same issue.

Also noticed issue on some games but not others, some AAA work fine with remote play with my setup but other AAA have super lag renduring unplayable. Also noticed with controller connected directly to Xbox and Xbox to non-remote play TV it lags the same as the other TV connected to remote play indicating not a connection issue.
  5. vktacoma Win User

We were unable to turn on your console. Make sure this device is on the same network as your console and your console is set to instant on.

I imagine the only solution there will ever be to this problem is to buy a PS4. The Remote Play from PC capability was released yesterday and it works very well, including wake from standby.
  6. BSDGuru Win User

Xbox One Gets Windows 10 and Cross Platform features in 2015...

Yes.

Question is, will I be able to remote play my XB1 to my PC and Win tablet? I remote play my PS4 via my PS TV and smartphone. :)
Thema:

Does Xbox to pc remote play work with a ps4 controller?

1. Does Xbox to pc remote play work with a ps4 controller? - Similar Threads - Does remote play

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet": My issue is that cloud gaming works but remote play doesn't on a slow internet connection. As I see it seems that cloud gaming is better optimized than remote play. I have a surface pro 9 and it...
  4. Does anyone know of compatible Smart TV's that can run the XBOX app for REMOTE play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know of compatible Smart TV's that can run the XBOX app for REMOTE play?: Not interested in cloud gaming, just remote play, so when my living room TV is being used, I can remote play on a TV in another room, without having to buy another xbox console....
  5. PC mic does not work with Xbox remote play

in XBoX on Consoles
    PC mic does not work with Xbox remote play: Hello, thanks in advance for any assistance. I've been playing Xbox almost exclusively from my PC for over a year now, mostly Call of Duty (which relies heavily on voice comms). More recently, I...
  6. Can I play EAFC 24 on remote play? And does it work just like it does on console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play EAFC 24 on remote play? And does it work just like it does on console?: I have just bought a backbone controller for my iPhone so I can play games on the go. I was wondering if EAFC 24 works on remote play just as it does on console. Can I play online? And how does...
  7. Does Xbox Remote Play Work Without a TV/Screen/Monitor?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does Xbox Remote Play Work Without a TV/Screen/Monitor?: Whilst using Xbox Remote Play, I notice that it takes a while for remote play to load and I notice occasional screen tears and visual glitch-ups in the video. I'm planning to plug my Xbox Series X...
  8. Why does my suzuka 980 steering wheel shut down my remote every time it connects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my suzuka 980 steering wheel shut down my remote every time it connects: Every time I hook up my suzuka steering wheel 98 it shuts my remote down and it says my controller came disconnected what do I do 6343fcbb-3c2f-4493-a597-8d5c086fe4bf
  9. Can I play games from one of my consoles on another console I own? Does remote play allow...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play games from one of my consoles on another console I own? Does remote play allow...: Hi, I own a Series X: 1 TB, and a Series S: 4TB. I want to know if remote play will allow me to play games from the 1S on the Series X? This is not about remote gaming from a mobile device,...
  10. Why does Remote Play from XBox to Windows 10 (on the same network), require outbound...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Remote Play from XBox to Windows 10 (on the same network), require outbound...: I'll outright say this is just asinine. I'm trying to remote play from my Series X to my Windows 10 PC that exist on the same network; however, the video quality is absolute garbage and completely...