Does Xbox Remote Play Work Without a TV/Screen/Monitor?

Discus and support Does Xbox Remote Play Work Without a TV/Screen/Monitor? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Whilst using Xbox Remote Play, I notice that it takes a while for remote play to load and I notice occasional screen tears and visual glitch-ups in the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Harvey Morris, Nov 21, 2023.

1. Does Xbox Remote Play Work Without a TV/Screen/Monitor?

Whilst using Xbox Remote Play, I notice that it takes a while for remote play to load and I notice occasional screen tears and visual glitch-ups in the video. I'm planning to plug my Xbox Series X into an ethernet port, but the only one we have is next to the kitchen in our house, and there's no monitor or TV there to use. I'm thinking maybe I could use the Xbox as a remote play-only device, but I'm not sure an XSX will work without a monitor.

Thanks for any replies or help.

[not important] Also a little thing I noticed with Microsoft stuff and Xbox is that Xbox Series S/Xs are listed on Microsoft account settings as Xbox Ones. Probably because the Series X/S is just a more powerful version of the Xbox One, but it's just something that could be updated to be more accurate.

:)

Harvey Morris, Nov 21, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Harvey. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Xbox Remote Play can work without a screen plugged in, yes. You can leave the Xbox plugged in, then use the app to power it on and connect to it.

Also, Series X|S systems shouldn't display as Xbox One consoles in your account. It should show the accurate console model. It's possible the devices you are seeing are Xbox One systems you logged into previously.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

No problem Harvey! Regarding the weekly activity reports, I recommend submitting feedback to Microsoft so it can be looked into.

https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com

Click Send Feedback, then choose 'Microsoft Family Safety' for the forum.

Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  4. Harvey Morris Win User

Thanks for replying. I'm glad I can remote play without a monitor, since when its HDMI plugged in, the resolution is restricted to that of my 5-year-old 1080p TV!

With the Xbox One being listed on my account, I think I misworded it. I get weekly activity reports that say I play on Windows 10 and an Xbox One, which are both wrong. I don't actually own any Xbox Ones. All I have is a Series X and a 360, and I use Windows 11 on my PC.
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

random black screening Xbox one X

How often does this occur? I've had my screen go blank or blue in my case (tv setting) and have always used my TV remote to turn it off and back on, which restores the screen.

But it's a rare occurrence.

This support Troubleshoot blank screen may assist you.
  6. FourHorseman Win User

Is anyone successfully using Directv Genie Client with Xbox One?

TV works fine, changing channels etc but the pause, fast forward will work but it won't show on the screen so I have no idea when to start playing again. It does this using the xbox voice commands or the Genie remote.
Thema:

1. Does Xbox Remote Play Work Without a TV/Screen/Monitor? - Similar Threads - Does Remote Play

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?: If someone gets a voice chat ban in warzone, does that affect their own party voice chat too? My party can’t hear me in my party but I can hear them d2250211-35af-481f-9348-72eac4eeedd7
  4. Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet": My issue is that cloud gaming works but remote play doesn't on a slow internet connection. As I see it seems that cloud gaming is better optimized than remote play. I have a surface pro 9 and it...
  5. Does anyone know of compatible Smart TV's that can run the XBOX app for REMOTE play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know of compatible Smart TV's that can run the XBOX app for REMOTE play?: Not interested in cloud gaming, just remote play, so when my living room TV is being used, I can remote play on a TV in another room, without having to buy another xbox console....
  6. PC mic does not work with Xbox remote play

in XBoX on Consoles
    PC mic does not work with Xbox remote play: Hello, thanks in advance for any assistance. I've been playing Xbox almost exclusively from my PC for over a year now, mostly Call of Duty (which relies heavily on voice comms). More recently, I...
  7. Can I play EAFC 24 on remote play? And does it work just like it does on console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play EAFC 24 on remote play? And does it work just like it does on console?: I have just bought a backbone controller for my iPhone so I can play games on the go. I was wondering if EAFC 24 works on remote play just as it does on console. Can I play online? And how does...
  8. Why does my suzuka 980 steering wheel shut down my remote every time it connects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my suzuka 980 steering wheel shut down my remote every time it connects: Every time I hook up my suzuka steering wheel 98 it shuts my remote down and it says my controller came disconnected what do I do 6343fcbb-3c2f-4493-a597-8d5c086fe4bf
  9. Can I play games from one of my consoles on another console I own? Does remote play allow...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play games from one of my consoles on another console I own? Does remote play allow...: Hi, I own a Series X: 1 TB, and a Series S: 4TB. I want to know if remote play will allow me to play games from the 1S on the Series X? This is not about remote gaming from a mobile device,...
  10. Why does Remote Play from XBox to Windows 10 (on the same network), require outbound...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Remote Play from XBox to Windows 10 (on the same network), require outbound...: I'll outright say this is just asinine. I'm trying to remote play from my Series X to my Windows 10 PC that exist on the same network; however, the video quality is absolute garbage and completely...