Does xbox one have a system video player like what the 360 had?

Discus and support Does xbox one have a system video player like what the 360 had? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi does xbox one have a system video player app so I can play videos and music from my PC like what the 360 had? if not will such a app be available... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Torchy84, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Torchy84
    Torchy84 Guest

1. Hi does xbox one have a system video player app so I can play videos and music from my PC like what the 360 had?
    2. if not will such a app be available in future?
    Thanks Torchy

:)

Torchy84, Feb 16, 2014
  2. JGibbo
    JGibbo Guest
    Can not stream video or music with XBox One

Hi Guys Why does xbox one have no system video player like the xbox 360 can not stream music or films.Come on microsoft whats that all about or is that going to be resolved on future updates

Kind Regards John

JGibbo, Feb 16, 2014
  3. akane_1984
    akane_1984 Guest
    System Video Player

I have only just got my Xbox One this week and before I part with my 360 which I use in the living room to stream content from my NAS I can't seem to do the same with the XB1.

Google suggests the System Video Player has not been included with XB1 this could be a major negative for me as my wife and I used the 360 every week to watch content. Does anyone know if the System Video Player will be brought back in updates?

akane_1984, Feb 16, 2014
  4. sn2006gy
    sn2006gy Guest

Hey Torchy84,

The Xbox One does have a system video player app - its Xbox Video. In its current state it can play xbox video marketplace content (tv shows & movies) and it can also accept DLNA play-to content as a DLNA receiver from your PC. It currently does *NOT* browse
    network for playback like the 360 does, i hope we see that functionality soon as the apps get improved.

Here is a simple walk through guide i found that may better help you figure out remote media playback support.

mmgn.com/.../articles--xbox-one-dlna-streaming-guide

sn2006gy, Feb 18, 2014
  5. Torchy84
    Torchy84 Guest
    That was so easy

Thank you blahism

Torchy84, Nov 1, 2018
  6. sn2006gy Win User

Hey Torchy84,

The Xbox One does have a system video player app - its Xbox Video. In its current state it can play xbox video marketplace content (tv shows & movies) and it can also accept DLNA play-to content as a DLNA receiver from your PC. It currently does *NOT* browse
    network for playback like the 360 does, i hope we see that functionality soon as the apps get improved.

Here is a simple walk through guide i found that may better help you figure out remote media playback support.

mmgn.com/.../articles--xbox-one-dlna-streaming-guide
  7. Torchy84 Win User

That was so easy

Thank you blahism
  8. hazzard4192 Win User

Video playback on xbox one

i have had same problem on 360 and xbox one. those videos on the dash or in xbox video wont scale down. I know my internet is not that fast at 3mbps so I wish they would add an option to set a default resolution for video streaming for the system or the
    ability for it to auto adjust like Netflix does to give you best quality depending on internet connection.
  9. TroyB1 Win User

Can Play Video only from USB Stick not through Shared PC

Allo;

on the 360: My Video Apps -> System Video Player -> PC -> media file == does not play

on the 360: My Video Apps -> System Video Player -> Portable Device -> media file == plays just fine

(the "Portable Device" is simply a USB stick)

so it's the same player on the 360, same file, but two different "locations". Should play them both it seems... no?
  10. bigbenx88 Win User

No iPod compatibility or cd ripping?

Nope, the system doesn't have an open format media player like the 360 did. MS is moving to a more closed format like almost everyone else and putting all their support for video and music into the Xbox Video and Music apps. No more streaming downloads
    through the system.
Thema:

1. Does xbox one have a system video player like what the 360 had? - Similar Threads - Does system video

2. When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does...

in XBoX on Windows
    When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does...: I still am wondering about this E106 thing and I am just making sure that I do not want to erase my data from games. But my real question is if I do the OSU1, Will it factory reset on its own and...
  3. How does Xbox dashboard doesn’t let you show that it actually a windows system

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does Xbox dashboard doesn’t let you show that it actually a windows system: I know that xbox its just a modifided windows pc but how is not letting you out of the modifided komi app or something because i tried and I can exit it but why I can’t on Xbox...
  4. Can my son play online, against me if he does not have the game on his system?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my son play online, against me if he does not have the game on his system?: Can my son play against me online if he does not own the same game on his system? 8ff006b9-eed4-4546-8137-4ec74a09332a
  5. Why does Xbox Customer Support and the new strike system suck so hard lately?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Xbox Customer Support and the new strike system suck so hard lately?: Sorry if this thread comes off as me being a massive hot dog, but I'm fed up with xbox support, and the new ban system. Call me a 30 year old boomer for remembering game chats of the 360 days. I...
  6. Why does the vault edition upgrade not work on my system

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the vault edition upgrade not work on my system: Hey guys sorry for the weird question but I bought the vault edition upgrade for mw3 and its installed fine but it hasn't given me any of the content that's come with it like the skins or the...
  7. How to play a game when error: "Your PC does not meet the system requirements" when it in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to play a game when error: "Your PC does not meet the system requirements" when it in...: When I run Starfield on my PC (game pass, not bought) it loads the game and then suddenly closes it, before it finishes loading, and gives me the error: "Your PC does not meet the system...
  8. How does the striking system work? And can spam reporting get me banned?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How does the striking system work? And can spam reporting get me banned?: I just wanted to ask about a ban I recieved yesterday at about 19:39. I got banned regarding a conversation with a player of Dead By Daylight. The guy had messaged me before and a few people I...
  9. Why does Xbox force Crossplay when it is optional on PS systems?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Xbox force Crossplay when it is optional on PS systems?: Before I begin, there are multiple Xbox Dev sources and Xbox ambassador sources that "claim" to have explained it was supposed to be optional from the launch of crossplay. As all Xbox players have...
  10. Does the new system update work???

in XboX Insiders
    Does the new system update work???: I had just went down to beta to fix the xbox crashing. I wanna know if it got fixed before i go back to skip ahead submitted by /u/doomsday266 [link] [comments]