Does xbox app stay signed in when you change the password

Discus and support Does xbox app stay signed in when you change the password in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have just been hacked by someone I know who bought a bunch of things using my card on my account and now whenever I change the password, it still... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Teh prizm, Oct 9, 2023.

1. Teh prizm
    Teh prizm Guest

I have just been hacked by someone I know who bought a bunch of things using my card on my account and now whenever I change the password, it still keeps my xbox app on and says their console is still on there using the app, does this mean they still have access and if so, how can I get rid of my account from their xbox

:)

Teh prizm, Oct 9, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi there! I'm more than happy to help you!

Based on your description, it is a possibility that the hacker must have his security information added to your account which explains why he still has access.

Kindly follow the instructions in this interactive tool using the link below to recover your account:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-account-24ca907d-bcdf-a44b-4656-47f0cd89c245

This should lead you to reach out to Microsoft Xbox Support for further escalations as they have the tools and resources to properly investigate this case.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. [ A J ] Win User

xbox 360 profile

Hi, Davidsahm.

1) Please try changing your password and make sure you stay under 16 characters.

2) Is 2FA enabled for your account? if it is, try disabling it:

- Sign in with your Microsoft account at: https://account.microsoft.com/security

- Select the "Advanced security options" section. You’ll be asked to enter your

password and a security code to make sure you, and only you, are updating your

account security.

- Under "Two-step verification", select "Turn off", and then confirm the change when prompted.

- Restart your console and try signing in again.

3) You could also try signing in with an app password:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/xbox-360/se...

I hope these work for you.
  4. PutItInYourTaco Win User

"sorry, something's wrong with your account"

yeah I would say remove your account from your xbox and if that does not work change your password and edit your security proofs know when you up day your security proofs make sure two-step is turned off its turned on click on create new app password, when
    you click that it will give you a random password use that to sign into your xbox live
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

so today i tried playing forza horizon 4 and it logged me in to one of my random accounts that i just have.

So on the Xbox app, if you sign out, then try to sign in again, it does not ask for an account and password, it just signs you in automatically?

If that's the case, please try to reinstall the Xbox app.
  6. Rachel Lawson Win User

Unable to prevent an unknown device from accessing my account.

Thanks for your reply Darhyl,

I have inspected the options presented carefuly, and there is no apparent option for "Update Security information"

after going to "account.microsoft.com" and opening the "security" tab, the following options are available:

-security dashboard

-change password

-see your sign in activity

-additional security options

-stay secure with windows

-learn more about digital security

the "security dashboard" has the following options

-sign-in activity

-password security

-advanced security options

-stay secure with windows

"sign in activity" is the same regardless of the link you choose

"password security" simply takes you to the change your password page, which prompts you to change your password.

"advanced security options" takes you to the same page as "additional security options"

"learn more about digital security" and "stay secure with windows" are both self help articles, which offer no useful information whatsoever.

the "advanced security options" page lists the following options

-change password

-view password activity

-view email activity

-remove "email a code"

-view text activity

-remove "text a code"

-view sign in notification activity

-remove send sign in notifications

-add a new way to sign or verify

-turn on passwordless account

-turn off two step verification

-learn more about removing password

-learn more about two step verification

-learn more about app passwords

-create a new app password

-learn more about signing out

-sign me out

-generate a recovery code

Please let me know what I am missing, as none of these options are what you described in your response.
Thema:

1. Does xbox app stay signed in when you change the password - Similar Threads - Does app stay

2. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  3. Does the IGN App for Xbox One still work or not?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does the IGN App for Xbox One still work or not?: A long time ago, when I launched IGN for Xbox, I got an error saying that the requested content is not available. Does anyone know what is going on? 38bef87a-15fc-4fd3-8490-bacd4d4128c2
  4. Why does it say im suspended on the xbox app when im not

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does it say im suspended on the xbox app when im not: Anyone knows why its kinda strange cause i checked my enforcement history and i have no bans for suspensions c2ec7c2f-ab27-490f-8465-8968e521376e
  5. So does Xbox just not care anymore about game standards, I mean keep putting free app store...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So does Xbox just not care anymore about game standards, I mean keep putting free app store...: How do I get a Refund especially on a digital game (probably is none) but I wish there where...there has to be a standard for Xbox games.... 0d8cc60e-2bad-4171-bab5-65678aa866e0
  6. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  7. Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?: I have been trying to connect my Xbox One S to the Xbox app for a while now and it just isn't working. Enable remote features is turned on but it still won't connect. When I look in the Remote...
  8. does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...: I have been looking for literal HOURS on the internet and havnet found anything. I went to every setting and still nothing. if anyone could help me, that would be amazing....
  9. Xbox app does not open completely

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app does not open completely: Hello, when I try to open an Xbox application it's just stuck on Xbox logo on black screen. Like I tried some solutions but none of them didn't work. I don't know what to do anymore, If there are...
  10. Games on XBOX PC App stay in Queued status and does not download.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games on XBOX PC App stay in Queued status and does not download.: When I tried to install a new games or update a current game in teh PC XBOX App it just state that 'microsoft visual c++ 2015 uwp desktop runtime package' have been installed and the download goes...