Does this monitor support the series s?

Discus and support Does this monitor support the series s? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A 24" monitor support the 120hz? because I saw this one video of someone using a 165hz monitor and the xbox doesn't support it so i've just been 2nd... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by  ‍ ‍8, Jan 27, 2024.

1.  ‍ ‍8
     ‍ ‍8 Guest

A 24" monitor support the 120hz? because I saw this one video of someone using a 165hz monitor and the xbox doesn't support it so i've just been 2nd guessing it

:)

 ‍ ‍8, Jan 27, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi ‍, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Please, can you give us more details?

You forgot to mention the Monitor Model.

Keep in mind that to reach 120hz the game has to offer that setting and you need an HDMI 2.0 port (minimum) for it to work.
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox Series X|S and lower resolutions

Does the 1080p support go for both the Series S and Series X, or just the Series S?
    1080p is supported by both Series X / S,

However if your only playing at 1080p and have no plan's of upgrading to a 4K TV / Monitor, The Xbox Series S would be recommended as is a 1080p / 1440p gaming console and you would save £/$200, than getting the Series X, as that is a 4K gaming console and
    you would never get to use the full potential of it if used on a 1080p TV / Monitor.

https://youtu.be/VIHny-XP8jM
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X doesn't support 1440p@120Hz with 1440p@144Hz monitor

In that case I highly recommend you see the monitor/TV in action with the console. That way you can verify that the monitor does support 120Hz on the Series X.

The Rtings website's reviews of Series X compatible monitors is a great way to start your search. These are professional TV/monitor reviewers, they test everything!
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

HDMI Xbox Series S/X

Hi,

There is more than enough bandwidth for 1440P @120Hz with HDR on an HDMI 2.0 Monitor. On the current consoles Microsoft decided to lock HDR to 4K displays, but with the Series S that won't be an issue anymore.

HDMI standards are backwards compatible, so you won't need an HDMI 2.1 compliant Monitor to use Series X or S on an older monitor or TV that only has HDMI 2.0.

Xbox One X and S can be very fussy when it comes to full monitor support. But if you bought a monitor that fully supports the Xbox One X then it should support the same features on a Series X/S.

My advice would be to check reviews of monitors actually running on the current consoles with 120Hz support. There are loads of videos on YouTube. Just looking at the specs on a website may not be enough.
  6. [Farscape] Win User

Xbox seriesses i geuss

the series s support up to 1440p but to use that resolution you would need a monitor not a tv as most if not all tv's support 1080p or 4k.

series s will upscale to 4k though.
Thema:

1. Does this monitor support the series s? - Similar Threads - Does monitor support

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?: If someone gets a voice chat ban in warzone, does that affect their own party voice chat too? My party can’t hear me in my party but I can hear them d2250211-35af-481f-9348-72eac4eeedd7
  4. when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash

in XBoX on Consoles
    when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash: when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash i formatted it to ntfs and installed the osu1 extracted it put it in the flash and then plugged my...
  5. Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?: Whenever I’m on a game such as Warzone and press the middle button, when I then come out of the Xbox menu, it goes black for about 3-4 seconds. It’s seriously annoying and I feel like I’ve tried...
  6. Does the Xbox series X support a 100hz monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox series X support a 100hz monitor?: I bought a 100hz monitor for my Xbox but I only have the option for 60fps f4abc8a5-f55e-44cc-82da-7d1b06efdf7a
  7. If I have a 144hz monitor with a 1.4 port and also a 1.4 hdmi cable why does my screen go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I have a 144hz monitor with a 1.4 port and also a 1.4 hdmi cable why does my screen go...: Hi, so I have a monitor which supports 144hz I believe it is 1.4 port and I also have a 1.4 hdmi I’m trying to enable the 120hz option on the Xbox one s which it does come up however when I click...
  8. Does Xbox Remote Play Work Without a TV/Screen/Monitor?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does Xbox Remote Play Work Without a TV/Screen/Monitor?: Whilst using Xbox Remote Play, I notice that it takes a while for remote play to load and I notice occasional screen tears and visual glitch-ups in the video. I'm planning to plug my Xbox Series X...
  9. I accidentally changes by FPS to 120 and my monitor does not support it. My screen went all...

in XBoX on Windows
    I accidentally changes by FPS to 120 and my monitor does not support it. My screen went all...: I accidentally changes by FPS to 120 and my monitor does not support it. My screen went all black and now I cannot change it back, what do I do?? d773dcc1-0ce0-41c0-8089-04140cf53767
  10. Hi, I have a question about my Xbox series s connected to a dell monitor and it does not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, I have a question about my Xbox series s connected to a dell monitor and it does not...: Hi, I have a question about my Xbox series s connected to a dell monitor and it does not have a hdmi port. So I bought this dvi to hdmi cable since my monitor does not have a hdmi port and it...